Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 8:02:31 AM EDT
Monday night I woke up in the middle of the night because my left shoulder was hurting, the side I was sleeping on so I turned on the other side and went back to sleep.

So when I woke up in the morning my shoulder was killing me, I could barely move it the whole day, even if I press on it, kind of in the area of where your shoulder would hurt from shooting a high powered rifle, not quite in the same spot but close.

I had a hard time sleeping last night because no matter what position I was in my shoulder still hurt like a bitch. I wake up today and it's still the same way. I could barely get dressed for work this morning.

WTF, did I pinch a nerve or something maybe in my sleep? I don't understand what I could have done to it. This hurts worse than almost anything else I've ever felt before.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:04:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm no doctor but let me help save 'certain' mods the trouble.  Seek medical attention.  Thread locked.

lawdog
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:05:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Being a nurse, I'd suggest going to the ER and having it checked out.

It might be nothing, and will cost you a few hundred to find that out.  Or, it could be your heart and, untreated, could kill you.

Get it checked out pronto.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:05:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm no doctor but let me help save 'certain' mods the trouble.  Seek medical attention.  Thread locked.

lawdog

Yeah whatever.

Anyone else?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:06:45 AM EDT
[#4]
acute bursistis of the shoulder. Avoid lifting anything with your elbows away from the body. Take 2-3 advils with each meal. If it does not let up in 2 weeks go see an orthopedic surgeon
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:08:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Pull your shoulder down while at the sametime pulling your head away from the shoulder with your neck muscle till it pops.

Mine does this every now and then. After I pop it the pain goes away.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:13:21 AM EDT
[#6]
ice and ibuprofen. If it still hurts in another 48 hours see a doctor.
I wouldn't tie up the ER or pay their surcharge unless it got numb and/or started having circulation problems.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:13:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Pull your shoulder down while at the sametime pulling your head away from the shoulder with your neck muscle till it pops.

That's kind of what it seems like I need to do. My shoulder joint is fucked.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:42:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's kind of what it seems like I need to do. My shoulder joint is fucked.

I would use a telephone A LOT in my previous career. Propping it on my left shoulder. Now if I sleep on my left shoulder it get's a cramp in it and won't go away until I pop my shoulder.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top