[url]http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/cafr1/CAFR.html[/url]
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 1:32:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Walter Burien claims they are not.
Anybody ever heard of this guy?
[url]http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/cafr1/CAFR.html[/url]
View Quote

Sure, no problem...read his books...don't pay your taxes...go to prison... [sex]

Cheers,

Steve
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 1:42:03 PM EDT
[#2]
there are very specific ways to go about tax avoidence. and as far as i can tell, this guy knows none of them.

if you have a ssn you have to pay taxes. the first step in avoiding taxes is to eliminate the ssn, this is possable and legal, but the sheeple have been programmed with (the nomber is good, the nomber is necessarry, you must have the nomber) that liveing life without it is damn near impossable for most of us.

and even when you successfully and legally eliminate tax burden, you WILL be harassed by the feds. there is a time and place, right now i am in neither, but when i am i will recind all taxes and the ssn.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 1:46:28 PM EDT
[#3]
oh, and i do agree that SOME taxes are necessary.

ex. taxes on IMPORTED LUXURY GOODS, a gas tax for the maintenence of roads, and maby tolls on our freeways too. i personally belive public schools should be abolished, and children should be home schooled. etc etc you get the idea, but what we have now is a blatent violation of the constitution.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 3:34:51 PM EDT
[#4]
[url]www.geoffmetcalf.com/cafr.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 5:58:01 PM EDT
[#5]
He appears to be arguing that government can be (and is currently being, to some extent) financed by the government investing in stocks, bonds, real estate, etc.

For a number of reasons, this would be much worse than collecting taxes.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 8:15:10 PM EDT
[#6]
the federal government is responsible for a lot of things that relate to the COMMON good or PUBLIC welfare.  given that it takes money to do this, and you can damn sure bet that people wouldn't give out of the goodness of their hearts, taxes are absolutely necessary.

if it were an "opt-in" situation where only the true patriots signed over a portion of their dollars to help pay for the things that they use (even if indirectly), nothing would be done.  not to mention that scores of people would be freeloading off of the goodness of those who do pay.

i will add that we are taxed far too much and for far too many stupid and unnecessary things.  but then, when government oversteps its bounds, that's sure to happen.  one of the flaws of being a free society who elects our leaders.  of course, it's better than a lot of other systems out there.  

two sides to every coin.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 8:36:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 4:26:28 AM EDT
[#8]
The way I read this, is that the govt. has hidden profits from investments made on our tax dollars which would take care of any "deficit".
I wish an accountant or lawyer would look at the "comprehensive annual financial report" examples given.  Emeril?
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 4:27:14 AM EDT
[#9]
^
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 5:49:31 AM EDT
[#10]
thanks to democraps there already are a bunch of freeloaders
they're called welfare recipients

not all welfare recipients are lazy freeloaders, but many of them are

some taxes and gov't services are needed. roads, police/fire protection, military, etc.

Quoted:
if it were an "opt-in" situation where only the true patriots signed over a portion of their dollars to help pay for the things that they use (even if indirectly), nothing would be done.  not to mention that scores of people would be freeloading off of the goodness of those who do pay.

View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top