Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 9:13:00 AM EDT
What do we do with all this junk when we take them off?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:13:48 AM EDT
[#1]
no
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:16:02 AM EDT
[#2]
AG NTSA!!!!!!!!!!  

That depends. Some manufacturers use a full length tube and a rifle buffer. Some use a car buffer and a collapsable tube that is pinned in place.

Find out and get back to us.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:18:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm pretty sure the Bushmaster ones are actual telestocks pinned open. So I'll just be removing my pins so I don't have to buy another.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:27:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I know the DPMS ones are pinned and glued.....glued with some kind of super natural strength epoxy from hell......

Pilk
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:12:06 PM EDT
[#5]
btt
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:13:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Depends.  Some are just cosmetic look alikes.  Some are pinned.  Some are glued.  Just buy one, they are cheap enough compared to just about every other part of the firearm.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:14:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Just get a new one. They only run about $70. But to answer your question, it depends. Lots of manufacturers use a full lenght buffer tube and would make it impossible to make collapsable.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:15:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I know the DPMS ones are pinned and glued.....glued with some kind of super natural strength epoxy from hell......

Pilk

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:36:36 PM EDT
[#9]
You think it was funny???? well I do too now...but then...after about 6 solid hours of working on that friggin glue....and then chisel......and then BFH.......I scooped up all the little pieces, deposited them in the round file and and put a spare colt stock I had on the rifle.......

Please use my experience to your better mental health.......just buy a new freakin stock......

Pilk
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:43:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Epoxy can usually be softened with heat - which makes removal quite easy. However, like most people have posted, many use full length buffer tubes. Just buy a new one and donate the old one to someone in a never-ending-AWB state.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:43:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'm pretty sure the Bushmaster ones are actual telestocks pinned open. So I'll just be removing my pins so I don't have to buy another.

NO, they are full length, it takes ALOT of shit to modify it. It's not worth the time...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:50:24 PM EDT
[#12]
RRA 2001 LEGP stock is a full length buffer tube with no slots drilled out of the buffer tube, and a hex bolt and 2 pins holding the rear of the stock on.

The pins and the bolt came out pretty easy, but the buffer tube is worthless.

I was thinking about using the stock on another collapsable stock I had, but it needed at least one more hole drilled in it, and it wasn't worth the effort.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:01:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
What do we do with all this junk when we take them off?

Sell it to folks in CA and other equally-screwed States.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:42:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

My bushmaster was not a pinned telestock, it had a full-length buffer tube.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:07:35 AM EDT
[#15]
The plastic of the stock will melt long before the epoxy softens up....

Quoted:
Epoxy can usually be softened with heat - which makes removal quite easy. However, like most people have posted, many use full length buffer tubes. Just buy a new one and donate the old one to someone in a never-ending-AWB state.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:03:12 AM EDT
[#16]
It depends on what kind of stock you have. the Colt stocks will work with some effort. Check out the "Build it yourself" forum

Here's a Colt unit

here's another
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:48:39 AM EDT
[#17]
The Bushmaster fake telstock is a fake telstock. It is based on a full length buffer tube. The pins are placed into blind holes that make them difficult to get out but it can be done. Don't waste your time. You can not make this  one into a real telstock.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:57:15 AM EDT
[#18]
I always thought that "fixed telestocks" were gay.
They're like bad hair pieces for your rifle.
They're dishonest.

Take it off and smash it with a hammer.
Kill it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:58:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Tapco had them for about 30 bucks yesterday.  Some of the fixed stocks had no pin and were glued together with some kind of hellish substance that most likely would destroy the stock if you tried to dig it out.

I prefer a regular stock anyway.  Telestocks are not comfortable to shoot with and they have no compartment for the cleaning kit, secret decoder ring, pretzels, etc.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:05:11 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I always thought that "fixed telestocks" were gay.
They're like bad hair pieces for your rifle.
They're dishonest.

Take it off and smah it with a hammer.
Kill it.

Agreed
Top Top