Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/3/2006 1:18:02 AM EDT

If your old buddy from high school became a biker and you still perceived him as just your "ol' buddy", you are in for a suprise. He may still be that guy you always knew and liked....

But!

He may now be involved with methamphetamine production and distribution... stolen motorcycles... strong arm rackets... white slavery...

And one of two things could happen if he happened to come live with you.

1. He could be storing things, drugs, murder weapons, stolen parts, at your house and invite a nice no-knock raid on your cute little domicile.

2. He could wear his gang colors all the time and invite a bit of gunfire in your driveway if a rival gang member lived nearby.

So you are somehow offended that I refer to a "biker" as trash and not a 1%'er.

Well, I had to explain the difference to another guy, a friend, that "thought" he was a biker.

In common parlance a "biker" has, and has been for decades, been solely and strictly associated with those who belong to motorcycle clubs.

In specific, motorcycle clubs that are in fact populated with known felons that deal in all the nastiness that I described in my first post in this thread.

Drugs, gun-running, white slavery, etc etc.

That is the true and accepted definition of "biker".

Now if you are a wannabe "biker", why then go ahead and play at it. Get you some tats and your H.O.G. jacket and all your leather toys and headbands etc. that goes with playing dress up.

Now take your wannabe rear, and go play tough guy with the Hells Angels, or Devils Disciples or Vandals, or Renegades any other of a number of REAL ACTUAL BIKERS.

Lets see how long you last.

You, if you are not an actual "biker", are a "motorcycle enthusiast". You are a motor bike rider.

Not a "biker".

1%'er and "biker" are one in the same and are not separate.

If you aint one, you just like to ride scoots' and thats about where that ends.

Dram out

From a JBT thread. Well, info? :D
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:38:27 AM EDT
[#1]
C'mon dudes I wanna read stories about evil bikers, and then see other bikers post that the motorcycle groups are all child helping charitable organizations!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:41:32 AM EDT
[#2]
What's to say?  Some people are bad people and some of them ride motorcycles.  I'm good people and I ride a motorcycle.  I'd hardly call either new news.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:59:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Just as the article says..........most motorcycle enthusiasts are not so called "one percenters".

As it sounds, around 1% or less (way less), of the people who ride motorcycles, and are in clubs, are involved in serious criminal activity. The ones who are however, are seriously involved and very nasty people.

Real hardcore thugs do not harass or victimize the general public like you see in the movies. They dont surround your car and force you off the road to rape your girlfriend, etc. etc. They are however involved in Methamphetamine production, sales, and distribution, along with various other criminal activities.

They usually will purchase a bar or club as a front for this activity and a place to make their sales.

I think the author of this post gets a little hung up on semantics, as to what "term" to use to describe bad guys, but the point is a good one.

Don't go out and buy a Harley and get some tats thinking your are hardcore......cuz you aint.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:06:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Best round for a meth-crazed biker?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:15:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

A sharp swerve to the left or right, depending on which side his stupidly loud straight-pipes ass is on?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:02:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A sharp swerve to the left or right, depending on which side his stupidly loud straight-pipes ass is on?

Oh that's nice......and a great way to get yourself arrested or shot.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:07:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
C'mon dudes I wanna read stories about evil bikers, and then see other bikers post that the motorcycle groups are all child helping charitable organizations!

It depends on your difintion of "biker"...I have rode Harleys since the early 80s, and I'm hardly HA or Outlaw material. The are Christian, VN veteran and cop bike clubs that if you saw them on the street would think they where "outlaws" but are some of the nicest people on the planet.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:50:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I think most "bikers" these days are 50 year old yuppie has beens....
I dont think these people would be coming to live with you though...most of them have their own place.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:50:49 AM EDT
[#9]
The poster claims the exclusive privilege of defining what a biker is.

My personal definition is that a biker is a dedicated motorcycle enthusiast.  The spectrum ranges from CMA to Tribe of Judah to VNVMC to the outlaw clubs.  The key characteristic is that the motorcycle is a significant element in their life.  Yes, this can also include serious sport bike riders.

Your definition might be different from mine, and that's OK.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:22:20 AM EDT
[#10]
The guys I ride with are predominantly white, professional, 45+ and successful.  These bikers spend time organizing rides and raising money for prostrate cancer...

With that said, there ARE the traditional, 'biker gangs'.  While various ethnic or social groups may run the organized crime in other areas, the 'biker gangs' run things in some places too.  Quebec comes to mind.  Whatever mental image you have of "mafia", take that and impose the lable "biker gang" on top of it.  

The gangs do NOT run around in colors on loud bikes.  They have have grown up some, and are more sophisticated, but they are still biker gang offshoots.  Drugs, booze, cigarettes, organized theft, sex trade, you name it...
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:26:16 AM EDT
[#11]
I worked in a biker bar for a year or so..  Meth and coke were a big problem.  Most of the guys are pretty cool, just regular guys with nice bikes that liked to ride on the weekends though.  There are assholes in every sect of society!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:30:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Motorcylce enthusiasts:  People who enjoy riding a motorcycle not as a status symbol, but for a love a riding. See BMW owners group.

Biker: Criminal who happens to ride a motorcycle.  See Hells Angles & Mongols.

Wanna-be-biker: Weekend warrior riding his "custom" Harley.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:51:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Oh come on! Do a little meth and kill a few people and all of a sudden I'm some bad guy?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:57:54 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Motorcylce enthusiasts:  People who enjoy riding a motorcycle not as a status symbol, but for a love a riding. See BMW owners group.

Biker: Criminal who happens to ride a motorcycle.  See Hells Angles & Mongols.

Own a BMW and you're an enthusiast, but if you like V-twin American power you're a wanna-be?

I'm just clarifying.  Not like I have a dog in this particular fight.

<---- Ducati rider
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:59:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Biker Gang Member: Criminal who happens to ride a motorcycle.  See Hells Angles & Mongols.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:00:08 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would have absolutely NO qualms shooting someone who tried that crap on me...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:05:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Alleged motorcycle gang member facing drug and weapon charges

CHICOPEE, Mass. A Chicopee man who authorities say is a high-ranking member of the Diablos motorcycle gang is in court today to face drug and weapons charges.

Officials from the state attorney general's office says 50-year-old Keith Gallagher was trafficking cocaine in western Massachusetts. They're calling him the national vice president of the motorcycle gang, and say he sold more than one hundred grams of cocaine to an undercover police officer over three occasions.

When Gallagher was arrested last night in his Chicopee home, police say the found a sawed off shotgun, ammunition and marijuana.

Authorities say other Diablos gang members were arrested at several sites in Connecticut last night as part of a state and federal crackdown on the gang.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:08:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:08:20 AM EDT
[#19]
I am a biker.  I am particularly dangerous when I eat beans.

I shoot Wolf ammo in my Colt.  I don't think I could possibly be more evil.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:10:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Biker sentenced in kidnap-rape-torture case
By Kim Smith
ARIZONA DAILY STAR
Tucson, Arizona | Published: 12.17.2005
A motorcycle gang member accused of participating in the brutal kidnapping, rape and torture of a Tucson woman and of trying to hire a hit man was sentenced to seven years of intensive probation Friday.
Charles Roland "Big Riggs" Higgins, 48, was also sentenced to two years in jail as a condition of probation, but given credit for 397 days he's already served.
According to Pima County Sheriff's Department reports, the torture case came to light after Higgins and three other men were found badly wounded and left for dead in Box Canyon, near Green Valley, in April 2003.
Higgins declined to tell deputies how he ended up hurt or in the mountains, but another one of the men told deputies that they were kidnapped and beaten by fellow members of the Devil's Disciples outlaw motorcycle gang because they'd gone too far in punishing a woman they felt had disrespected the group.
The woman hadn't paid a drug debt and she'd left a gang member's house messy.
For her transgressions, the woman was kidnapped, stripped naked, beaten, raped, sodomized and tortured for hours with a stun gun, jumper cables and batteries.

An investigation was launched and nine members of the gang were indicted. Some were indicted in connection with the kidnapping and rape, and others were indicted on drug charges.
Higgins was indicted in connection with the kidnapping, but he was also accused of trying to hire a hit man to kill someone he thought was a police informant.
He ended up pleading guilty to kidnapping, facilitation to assist a criminal street gang and solicitation to threaten or intimidate.
On Friday, Pima County Superior Court Judge Hector Campoy could've given Higgins probation, intensive probation or up to five years in prison.
Higgins' attorney, Richard Parrish, argued that Higgins should be placed on regular probation.
His client is no longer affiliated with the outlaw biker gang and he didn't participate in the woman's attack, Parrish said. In fact, he helped save the kidnapping victim's life by calling a halt to her assault, Parrish said.
Higgins told the judge he was guilty of bad judgment.
"I was in a bad place at a bad time," Higgins said.
Campoy said the case cried out for incarceration, noting the victim believes the only reason Higgins stopped the assault was because he didn't want the gang's clubhouse sullied by such violence.
The judge also noted Higgins never expressed remorse for the various methods he hoped the "hit man" would use on the informant. According to police reports, he suggested the informant be set on fire and dropped into a mine shaft, that he be put in a wood chopper or that he be sprayed with hydrofluoric acid. He also suggested drilling holes in the informant's legs, attaching cables and then dropping him in water.
Previously sentenced in the case:
● Michael Dana "Two Dawgs" Towner, 38 — Towner pleaded guilty to assisting a criminal street gang and kidnapping and was sentenced to 9.25 years in prison for his part in the woman's attack.
● John Henry "Johnny Old School" Fournier, 36 — Fournier is serving three years in prison after pleading guilty to assisting a criminal syndicate and kidnapping in the woman's attack.
● Patrick Eric McGargal, 57, — McGargal, who has a history of mental-health problems, pleaded no contest to facilitation to assist a criminal street gang and solicitation to threaten or intimidate in the hit man case. He was sentenced to the time he spent in jail before his sentencing date — 407 days.
Others associated with the case are scheduled to go to trial in March.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:12:03 AM EDT
[#21]
10+ pages
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:14:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:15:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:19:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Here is a proper motorcycle association for all Master Masons to join...

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:22:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:23:42 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

widowssons.com/nj/images/WS-MR-Title.png
www.widowssons.com/wscard.JPG
widowssons.com/nj/images/Black%20Patch%201-450-blk-bg.png
www.widowssons.com/revolvingsq75.gifwidowssons.com/nj/s&c-bike-blk-100.png

Some on here would say that's worse than hells angels.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:27:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Paging tequilabob.........

I know a bike guy, pretty well actually. According to him, he had an aquaintance hot to trot to join a club, one of the ones listed above. In order for you to belong, you have to sign your bike over to them. Club property.

He didnt want to stay in, decided to move, a long way away.  They showed up for their bike. And they got it. He has got stuck with a note to pay off.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:35:00 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Well, there's bikers and then there's BIKERS!

A few years back a band I sat in on a gig playing bass at biker party.  It was a big outdoor event with alot people in leather, bandannas, and chains.  It was quite cold so they had large bonfire going to stay warm.  At the break, I went to fire to warm myself.  Having not been around bikers since the 70s  and those I called death riders for they were all stereotypical Hells Angel movie types, I didn't know what to expect.

What I got was "Oh wow, that suvenier shop we all like in Daytona takes visa now and they will ship your stuff back to you."  "I need to borrow the cell dear and call home and check on the kids."  

Tj

Count yourself lucky, that your experience was so pleasant.

My band has played some biker bars (we refuse now), and our taste of that culture has been less than sunny.

In one bar, 2 guitars were stolen. In another, a drunken man, who hadn't said 2 words to us all night came up and smacked my bass player in the face with an ashtray because (and I quote) "You think you're a badass!". My bass player is about as meek as they come, btw. One bar owner tried to pay us in bags of heroin, because his "old lady" took the till home and didn't he didn't have any cash. We declined.

Our last biker experience was a party we were booked to play, where about 50% of the folks there were Harley riders, some hardcore, some looked "casual". It went fine, right up until some drunk dick went apeshit because we didn't know "Dirty Deeds", and tipped over our entire light rig in protest, which cost $3,000.00. The crowd chastised this man by throwing beer at him, which went all over us, and into our electronics rig, costing yet another $500 in damage.

Now, granted, it was a small amount of people that caused the trouble in these places, and some folks were great, but I equate it to swimming in the gator park. Your odds of getting eaten go up signifigantly, even if 90% of the gators there don't want a piece of you.

Biker culture attracts dirtbag criminals, even if most of the people there aren't.....it's still where the dirtbags wanna be.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:35:08 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I know a bike guy, pretty well actually. According to him, he had an aquaintance hot to trot to join a club, one of the ones listed above. In order for you to belong, you have to sign your bike over to them. Club property.

He didnt want to stay in, decided to move, a long way away.  They showed up for their bike. And they got it. He has got stuck with a note to pay off.

Get out...?

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:29:31 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now, now Tostitos.  A far better solution would be that we all just join them.  Then we too can prowl the neighborhoods of America with scraggly beards as our enormous, pale, protruding guts flop and bounce in the breeze.  Fancying ourselves modern day "rebels" (rebelling against what?  Why, the ability to HEAR, what else?) we'll modify our scooters so they're louder than 747s because, as all physicists know, loud, shitty noise creates a force field that no object can penetrate and our "safety" will thus be assured.  

We can tie rags around our foreheads and wear cheap little leather vests as we torture the eardrums of the civilized world.  We can even get those gigantic leather wallets with chains attached to them and clamp them to our trousers.  We can wear t shirts with "scary" stuff like skulls on it.  You see, this will "intimidate" people and make them "frightened" of us.  Thus adorned, no one will "mess" with us and people far and wide will want to look at us when they hear us coming from 12 miles away.  Why, men will have their wives bake a pie when they hear the sound of our scooters (there will be plenty of time).  Then they'll gather the children and sit on the porch.  They'll eat and drink lemonade as they bask in our 170 decibel glory as we poke by at 27 MPH, the sight of our ass cracks the last thing they'll see as we head off down the road.

"Daddy?" a young boy on the porch might ask.

"WHAT, SON?!"

"Daddy, can I be a loud, ugly man when I grow up?"

"SPEAK UP BOY, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!  I'M DEAF NOW, IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED!  IT WAS WORTH IT THOUGH, TO SEE THAT 'FREE MAN' SCOOT BY!  CAN YOU STILL SMELL HIM?!  THAT'S THE SMELL OF FREEEEEEDUM, SON!!!   WOLVERIIIIIIIINNNEEEES!!!!"

Then we can go to gatherings of our fellow "rebels" where we consume large quantities of alcoholic beverages and participate in contests such as :

-Best case of "Plumber's Ass"
-Biggest paunch
-Dirtiest underwear
-Most contagious disease
-Homemade tattoo contest
-Most lice above the belt

We might even "hook up" with a "bitch" at one of our gatherings, maybe even one with lots of "ink".

Boys, it doesn't get any better than that.  Where do I sign up?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:33:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:39:30 AM EDT
[#32]
With the local chapter of a well known outlaw club, I've learned that getting along isn't too difficult as long as I keep my nose out of their business.  I'm no hero, and I'm not cut out for undercover work, so I mind my own business.

Their t-shirts (for supporters) are available in some local shops.  I've seen some guys wearing these shirts with absolutely no idea what the slogans & symbols on the shirts meant.  

Speaking of undercover work, have any of you read "Under and Alone?"  That guy had a huge pair of solid brass.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:53:38 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
With the local chapter of a well known outlaw club, I've learned that getting along isn't too difficult as long as I keep my nose out of their business.  I'm no hero, and I'm not cut out for undercover work, so I mind my own business.

Their t-shirts (for supporters) are available in some local shops.  I've seen some guys wearing these shirts with absolutely no idea what the slogans & symbols on the shirts meant.  

Speaking of undercover work, have any of you read "Under and Alone?"  That guy had a huge pair of solid brass.

That the same thing as the movie 'Beyond the Law'?

Had a buddy of mine murdered by a few Pagan bikers back in '95. My friend was no angel, but he was trying to get his shit back in line when it happened. Stabbed 39 times, from knees to neck. The got one guy for the murder, and got the other one a few years ago on some major felonies.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:54:13 AM EDT
[#34]
This is funny.

Someone has based a thread off of a post I made.

The whole point of my post was to explain the difference between the following, using terms that have been "accepted" for the better part of 30 years:

Biker

vs

Motorcycle Enthusiast

They are NOT one in the same according to the "accepted" definition.

One of my buddies is a wannabe with the tats etc, and I explained biker to him and he got all offended when I said he is and "enthusiast" not a "biker".

There is a difference.

The 1% crowd appropriated that name, and are none too happy to share it with weekend warrior types.

The only thing the 1% types do like about it, is that it allows them to blend into the population better and to mask their activities to a small extent. Camoflage if you will. But the cops still know who they are and what they are up to.

Dram out
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:57:25 AM EDT
[#35]
WooHoo, Calif 1946...

www.bfmc6.com/
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:02:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Double tap
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:05:30 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
That'd define a pretty significant portion of our Sheriff's Department.

Most of the Wanna be biker cops around here call themselves the "Wild Pigs". They wear colors and everything.

I could never understand why a LEO would model themselves after outlaw biker gangs  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:10:45 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Biker sentenced in kidnap-rape-torture case
By Kim Smith
ARIZONA DAILY STAR
Tucson, Arizona | Published: 12.17.2005
Devil's Disciples outlaw motorcycle gang a criminal street gang

A misnomer here is the Tucson and Devil's Disciples are a "motorcycle gang".  I have been on calls with many of these "bikers" and haven't met one that actually owns a bike.  Meth or marijuana possession/ under the influence, etc. along with getting in fights with each other seem to be the calls I hear about the most.  

Even my cousin, now in his 50's was in an "outlaw biker gang" in Tucson.  None of them actually had bikes, either.  They all had tattoos, quite the posers.

Kinda like calling an airsofter an armed and dangerous armed robber.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:46:23 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm surprised someone has piped-up with the comment that groups like the Hell's Angels, Outlaws, Mongols, etc are just a bunch of people that ride motorcycles and arent criminal organizations.   After all, their websites say they aren't.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:10:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Car owners are the problem...almost every criminal in the country owns or has owned or driven an automobile...
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:24:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Real bikers are no where close to being like weekend warriors.

That doesn't make the weekend warriors posers or anything, just differant.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:38:40 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some on here would say that's worse than hells angels.

Ha, ha, ha.... yup, I've heard probably every anti-Masonic thing uttered or printed in the past 15 years. Ignorance and Hatred really do serve well as a fuel for some people.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:53:37 AM EDT
[#43]
While I dislike Harleys for their usual lack of mufflers--there's another big reason not to buy one, and especially not to put any custom parts on it. Criminal biker gangs steam them. A lot.

In the US, Japanese sportbikes get stolen in greater numbers--but as a percentage, Harleys are stolen more and that theft rate is going up fast, and biker gangs are considered to be pretty much the biggest reason. Many of the parts at swap meets are stolen and supplied this way and by buying anything at a swap meet for your Harley, you are basically increasing the chance that someday it won't be your Harley anymore.  
~
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:56:55 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Car owners are the problem...almost every criminal in the country owns or has owned or driven an automobile...

If the car owners organize around a certain make/model, then start stealing cars and car parts, cooking meth, running whores, and beating rival car club members.  So that the car club exist only to further the criminal interest of the club.  Then it ceases to be a club and becomes a gang.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:00:51 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

That doesn't make the weekend warriors posers...

The weekend warriors become posers when they adopt the dress of the outlaw bikers and organize their club in ther same manner of establish motorcycle gangs.

Four guys getting togather to ride on the weekend are not posers.  fours guys getting togather on the weekend and flying colors with rockers and adopting a rank structure (president, fist vice president, sgt at arms, memeber, prospect, pledge, probationer) are posers.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:03:33 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It depends on your difintion of "biker"...I have rode Harleys since the early 80s, and I'm hardly HA or Outlaw material. The are Christian, VN veteran and cop bike clubs that if you saw them on the street would think they where "outlaws" but are some of the nicest people on the planet.

Agreed.  I have seen police bikers out.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:04:38 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That doesn't make the weekend warriors posers...

The weekend warriors become posers when they adopt the dress of the outlaw bikers and organize their club in ther same manner of establish motorcycle gangs.

Four guys getting togather to ride on the weekend are not posers.  fours guys getting togather on the weekend and flying colors with rockers and adopting a rank structure (president, fist vice president, sgt at arms, memeber, prospect, pledge, probationer) are posers.  

Oh please.  Criminlas are criminals.  The bike, colors or nothing else makes them a criminal other then themselves.

The other bikers are just organized.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:42:53 PM EDT
[#48]
I guess it wasn't the wasp businessmen types that got in the gunfight at the toy drive in Norco last month and shot the fireman collecting the toys collected by the good ole boys.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:05:54 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It went fine, right up until some drunk dick went apeshit because we didn't know "Dirty Deeds",

That was kind of your own fault....

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:08:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Its not the Bikers that are Evil.. its the BIKES... lets Ban all Bikes or make it harder for good citizens to obtain them
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top