Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2002 2:29:14 PM EDT
DOH! How would the Israelis replace him?  

DaMan
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 3:01:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, Eric???!!!  You want him gone!  How about an answer!

DaMan
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 3:53:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 4:41:56 PM EDT
[#3]
When they kill Arafat a new and bolder leader will surely step to the fore. There are some real hard liners in the wings and the Israelis know it.

The beauty of it is that the Palestinians, though unarmed and fighting a heavily armed terrorist state, out number those evil pricks by a good margin. Soon, Israel will have no choice but to act almost human and come to deal with the rightful inhabitants of the region.

As a plus, when those children of Satan DO try to wipe out the Palestinians, the world will finally nuke Israel and the rest of us can get back to the business of living without wondering when an enemy of Israel will be targeting one of our cities.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 4:46:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 5:05:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I'mn sure the Isrealis can handle whatever the Palestinians can try and throw at them.  They've shown tremendous restraint, but their patience seems to be wearing thin.  And the fact remains that most of the people and our government supports them, obviously not convinced they are the spawn of satan.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 5:27:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'mn sure the Isrealis can handle whatever the Palestinians can try and throw at them.  They've shown tremendous restraint, but their patience seems to be wearing thin.  And the fact remains that most of the people and our government supports them, obviously not convinced they are the spawn of satan.
View Quote

[b]Restraint[/b]??!! Bulldozing civilian houses???! [V]

DaMan
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 1:21:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
why would they want him replaced. If they were smart the would erradicate the entire palistinian infestation of their borders. Force them to move where they are welcome.
View Quote

Oh my goodness! Sounds like you are proposing ethnic cleansing? Good thing Clinton and Halfbright aren't around anymore or your house might get bombed.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 1:31:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 1:35:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 1:53:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Replace him with what?  If Arafat goes, Hamas comes in.  Is that better for Isreal?  I think not.  Arafat is a lying, scheming terrorist, make no mistake about.  But he is at least a known quantity.  Better to stick with the devil you know.

There simply is no Palestinian Thomas Jefferson waiting in the wings. And for those decrying Palestinian violence, you try living in a refugee camp for fifty years and see what kind of mood it puts you in.  The world ( and I do mean the entire world, not just the Isrealis) have been shitting on the palestinians since '48.  They're mad.  They've given up hope.  And they're desparate.  Sometimes you beat a dog and he just whines and crawls away.  Sometimes you beat a dog and the dog takes a piece out of you.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 4:30:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Did you notice?  There hasn't been a single logical response from the "Israel Firsters" that addressed my question!

There was Beer Slayer's call for ethnic cleansing!  BUT NO LOGICAL ANSWER FOR A PEACEFUL RESOLUTION!

The Israelis SAY they want Arafat gone.  I don't believe it for a minute! [:P]

DaMan

Link Posted: 2/11/2002 4:57:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Did you notice? There hasn't been a single logical response from the "Israel Firsters" that addressed my question!
View Quote

Perhaps that's because your question contained a false premise, i.e., that the Israelis would be the ones selecting a new Palestinian leader.

Would a more militant Palestinian leadership really be a bad thing for Israel?  Consider:

Demographics favor the Palestinians and other Arabs.  Barring any radical changes, the Jews will become a minority in their own country by the end of this century.  Result: Israel is effectively destroyed from within.

But if Arafat "retires" and a new Palestinian leader kicks the violence up to a higher level, that's a game that the Israelis can win.  They can defeat the Arabs militarily and force the Palestinians off "their" territory.  A new war would also help the more virulently anti-Arab Israelis gain power and if it involved new terrorist attacks on the USA it could even result in direct American military action on behalf of Israel -- an outcome I'm sure you'd be thrilled with, DaMan. [;)]

Link Posted: 2/11/2002 5:17:50 PM EDT
[#13]
There can be only one replacement.  Ringo Starr.  How would you ever know?
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 5:57:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Perhaps that's because your question contained a false premise, i.e., that the Israelis would be the ones selecting a new Palestinian leader.
View Quote

Renamed, not only do you know very little about history.... you also seem to have very little knowledge of current events.  Wasn't Sharon recently in the US trying to urge the US to cut off all contact with Arafat?  Don't the Israelis have Arafat under virtual "house arrest" surrounded by their tanks?  Wasn't Ariel Sharon spouting off about his lost opportunity to kill Arafat in Lebanon?

But, you're right!  Despite the Israelis' pissing, moaning and maneuvering, they can NOT choose a Palestinian leader.  But I think this is the point I was making all along, Renamed!  Did you have problems reading my posts? [:P]

And if a new, stronger Palestinian leader came along..... the Israelis would increase their military response and drive out or kill all the Palestinians???  Yes, they could try to do this! But there wouldn't be a country in the world that wouldn't condemn them!  They'd be on their own!

I think Arock's recommendation for a new Palestinian leader is the best I've heard so far!  Ringo Starr (Richard Starkee) looks the part!  [:P]  DaMan    
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 6:39:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Renamed, not only do you know very little about history.... you also seem to have very little knowledge of current events.
View Quote

Can I help it if your brilliance casts me into shadow? [rolleyes]

Despite the Israelis' pissing, moaning and maneuvering, they can NOT choose a Palestinian leader. But I think this is the point I was making all along, Renamed! Did you have problems reading my posts?
View Quote

DaMan, I think that most of us have problems reading your posts. [;)]

And if a new, stronger Palestinian leader came along..... the Israelis would increase their military response and drive out or kill all the Palestinians??? Yes, they could try to do this! But there wouldn't be a country in the world that wouldn't condemn them! They'd be on their own!
View Quote

So if the Palestinians went to war with Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden as their allies, America would just shrug and watch from the sidelines?  

Israel has been getting condemned by countries around the world since 1948.  As long as they can count on Uncle Sam's veto in the UN Security Council, I think they'd be willing to take their chances in another war with the Arabs, especially if the Palestinians or their allies appeared poised to use weapons of mass destruction.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 9:58:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Did you notice?  There hasn't been a single logical response from the "Israel Firsters" that addressed my question!

There was Beer Slayer's call for ethnic cleansing!  BUT NO LOGICAL ANSWER FOR A PEACEFUL RESOLUTION!  
View Quote

Exactly. Apparently you and I are the only responsible, logical and civilized people here. Now let's go crush Iraq beneath our tank treads!
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 10:20:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Exactly. Apparently you and I are the only responsible, logical and civilized people here. Now let's go crush Iraq beneath our tank treads!
View Quote

Hmmmmm! I don't know how I should take your remarks, Shooter69.  Care to explain???! [BD]

DaMan
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 10:29:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Who says Arafat has to be replaced with another Palestinian leader??

I would replace him with this:
[img]http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/meast/9806/21/saudi.khobar/crater.dod.jpg[/img]

...a smoking hole in the ground.

Besides, it's not the Israeli's responsibility.
Let the Palestinians choose whomever they want.
If their new leader chooses to fight the Israelis, then he too will die.
People have to know their limitations.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 10:34:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Ah, so Major Murphy wants Arafat assassinated!  What a surprise!

Will that stop the cycle of violence???!! [:P]

Be careful what you wish for...... it may come true!

DaMan  
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 10:38:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Ah, so Major Murphy wants Arafat assassinated! What a surprise!

Will that stop the cycle of violence???!!
View Quote

Has negotiating with Arafat stopped the "cycle of violence"?
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 10:51:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Why do you assume that I would want some sort of peaceful resolution?

Arafat hides behind the skirt of the UN, and others.
I'd like for him to have to stand and fight, walk the walk that he's been talking.

If there were houses in Mexico, just across our border, that were being used as sniper nests, what would we do?
Isn't Texas "occupied territory"?
You know what we'd do, DaMan.
It would be alot more brutal than what the Israelis are doing.

Now why don't you go play with your little friend Jesred?  You two seem to have a lot in common.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 11:04:57 AM EDT
[#22]
What sort of "dealing" do you boobs believe that Israel is able to do that they have not already tried? I think that yes, they should stop the settlements and withdraw. Give back the most land they can without endangering their security (any more than it is). But then they should build a big f*cking wall around the Palestinian zones. Build highway tunnels or roads (both completely isolated from Israeli territory) between the West Bank, Gaza, and other areas, and let them travel within those areas traditionally theirs freely. Let the Palestinians have free acces to the sea through Gaza, to Jordan through the West Bank.

I bet that would stop the attacks and bombings and hate...
For maybe 48hrs.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 11:24:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Why do you assume that I would want some sort of peaceful resolution?
Now why don't you go play with your little friend Jesred?  You two seem to have a lot in common.
View Quote

I just feel the love, Major Murphy's sending my way!!!!! [:P]

I know you are frustrated, Major Murphy.  Tired of the status quo and want to see some action!  Even if it's REALLY STUPID ACTION!

Hey, I wouldn't really be too upset if the Israelis did "wack" Arafat!  Hell, they've been bitching and moaning about him long enough!  Why don't they just get rid of him????!!  

BECAUSE THEY CAN'T!  If they lay a finger on that goat-looking geezer, they risk killing the "golden goose!"  "Uncle Sugar" will take their spoiled Israeli ass to the woodshed and spank it like it should have been spanked LONG AGO!!!!  And they'll have to handle the condemnation of the world on their own!  Frightening thought, ehhh???!!  [:P]

DaMan  
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 1:27:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
[:P]

[:P]

DaMan  
View Quote

You lack gravitas.
I sure hope that you're only 16 years old.

Link Posted: 2/12/2002 1:45:21 PM EDT
[#25]
So what are we supposed to do?

Win their hearts and minds?
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 2:00:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You lack gravitas.
I sure hope that you're only 16 years old.
View Quote

Major Murphy, sorry I pushed you to the point where you felt so frustrated, you could no longer debate the issues and had to resort to a personal attack!

It's entirely MY fault for making you face issues you may not be ready to face!

Hope we can still be friends! [:P]

DaMan

PS - Was it the comments about the woodshed that set you off? Or the fact that the Israelis can't always "wag the dog"?  In any case, I appologize for sending you into a fit of impotent rage! [:P]
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 2:09:22 PM EDT
[#27]
DaMan, I didn't mean it as an insult, but seriously now...

Your entire premise is foolish.
Why do you think your question is so gosh darned intriguing?
It's not.
It demonstrates a profound ignorance of the situation.
Why do you think that it would be up to the Israelis to replace Arafat?

Your goofy giddiness and insistance on using a those "tongue smilies" clouds this imaginary issue, and makes
you look immature and silly.
That's all.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 2:12:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Ah, now what were we talking about?  Oh, yes!

Who would the Israelis want to lead the Palestinians, if Arafat were no longer in the picture?

DaMan  
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 2:22:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 2:25:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted: Why do you think that it would be up to the Israelis to replace Arafat?
View Quote

You're catching on, Major Murphy!  Finally!

The Israelis would have absolutely no control in the selection of a successor to Arafat.  Or....if they did, this "leader" would not be accepted as the legitimate leader of the Palestinians!

So the Israelis can continue to piss and moan about Arafat, but they'll be the first ones to rush and give him "mouth-to-mouth" to keep him alive and in "power"!  

DaMan  

Link Posted: 2/12/2002 2:26:47 PM EDT
[#31]
That's not the question you asked, is it?
Who would the Israelis prefer?
Is a very different question from:
"DOH! How would the Israelis replace him?"

It's still pointless.
That YOU would dictate that someone else is "finally catching on" is mighty presumptuous.

DaMan, without doing a search, give me the names of ANY of the other higher ups in the Palestinian Authority, other than Arafat?
Hmmmm?
Yeah.
Your view is myopic, and clouded by your bias.
Study.

Link Posted: 2/12/2002 2:31:20 PM EDT
[#32]
I really don't care about the how or where but I wish someone would kill that worthless P.O.S.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 2:31:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
DaMan, without doing a search, give me the names of ANY of the other higher ups in the Palestinian Authority, other than Arafat?
Hmmmm?
View Quote

Who says that his successor would come from within the ranks of the Palestinian Authority???!!!  I DIDN'T!

DaMan
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 2:33:15 PM EDT
[#34]
That wasn't my question.
Can you answer it?

I know who would succeed Arafat.
Anyone who studies the region knows.
I'll give you a hint.

"H"
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 2:42:56 PM EDT
[#35]
I told you I don't think Arafat's successor would be taken from the current Palestinian Authority.  What do you want?  Should I give you a list of personalities in the PA?

DaMan
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 2:52:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Can you even name ONE person in the region who YOU think would be a possible successor?

Of course you can't.
You'll talk Israeli/Palestinian politics ad nauseum, but you just don't know much about what you speak, huh?

Statements like:

[b]"You're catching on, Major Murphy! Finally!"
[/b]

...would lead one to believe that you possess some basic, even profound knowledge of the region and its politics.
But you don't.
Why don't you stop?
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 3:01:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Can you even name ONE person in the region who YOU think would be a possible successor?
View Quote

Hey, I can name a lot of names!  So can the Israelis!

But I wasn't predicting the successor to Arafat!  I was asking who the Israelis thought they'd like after they got Arafat out of the way!

Who's your Mr. "H", Major Murphy!  Let us in on your big intell scoop! [:P]

DaMan  
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 3:05:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Hey, I can name a lot of names!  
DaMan  
View Quote

No.
Just name one.
It's simple to do.
You'd think that someone who spends as much time as you discussing this, would have a name on the tip of his tongue [:P].

Perhaps you just talk alot without thinking, hmmm?
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 3:07:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Hey, Major Murphy, who's going to be the next Democratic candidate for President?  What's your point?

My point is that the Israelis are better off with the dupe they can box in and control!

DaMan
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 3:17:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Alright, I can see that you're a little embarrassed by your ignorance of your favorite topic.
Your're wrong.
The Israelis are best off with a PA chairman with whom they have the total moral highground.

On paper, the second in Command is the Speaker of Parliment: Ahmed QUERI (?)

BUT, the reality of the situation is this...

....Arafat's successor will be HAMAS.

FACT.
If Arafat loses power, it will be one of two scenarios:

a) Israeli assassination.
b) HAMAS overthrow

Either situation results in HAMAS in Power.

That would be good for the Israelis. HAMAS hasn't won too many Nobel Peace Prizes lately, and much of the civilized world considers them to be a terrorist organization.
Israel would be free to do what was needed to defend themselves.

Link Posted: 2/12/2002 3:25:14 PM EDT
[#41]
The answer to the question is that the Israelis have a known quantity that they control with Yassar Arafat.  His successor will probably not be cut from the same cloth!  Do I know who his successor will be... no!  Do you?  Do the Israelis?  What's your point? And please give us this "MR.H" you predict as Arafat's successor!  We need a laugh! [:P]

DaMan

PS - But if you give his name, you will be on record.  SO you may not wish to do that or you might end up being em-bare-assed! [:P]  
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 3:29:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Look up tongue boy!

The name of the individual?
Could be that old guy Arafat just pretended to arrest: Sheikh Ahmad Yassin, head of HAMAS.

It would be the organization, HAMAS that would be in charge, though.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 3:30:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Heh heh..
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 3:36:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Well junior, schools out for tonight.
[b]DScott[/b] just provided your homework assignment:

heh+heh=?

(dummy)
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 3:42:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Well, thank-you Major Murphy!  Seems you and I are thinking on the same lines all along!  

You had to play a few games but finally you admitted that Arafat's successor would come from the harder to deal with Hamas!  Finally!

SO you still want Arafat wacked?  I don't think the Israelis do at this point ..... or they would have already done it! But they must still bitch and moan about Arafat![:P]

Like I said, they'll give that old goat mouth-to-mouth if that's what it takes to keep him going! [:P]

DaMan  

Link Posted: 2/12/2002 3:44:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 3:45:26 PM EDT
[#47]
DaMan,
You're just not too bright, huh?
Oh well.
Good night.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
DaMan,
You're just not too bright, huh?
View Quote

Just bright enough to figure out that the Israelis don't want Arafat wacked, like you suggested!  After a bunch of games, you came to the same conclusion finally admitting that they'd get a successor from the "hard corps" Hamas!

Reality is a bitch, eh???!!!

DaMan  
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 4:08:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Hey dummy, the fact that you can't even see that the Israelis are BETTER OFF with HAMAS, shows your ignorance.

HAMAS is who the Israelis WANT in charge of the PA! Fool!

The Israelis constantly try to say that Arafat is either a puppet of, or unable to control HAMAS.

...with Hamas in charge, the Israelis become the Good Guys fighting the Known Terrorist Organization. Dummy!

Let me break it down for you:

The Israelis WANT HAMAS to be in charge of the palestinian Authority.

Dummy.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 4:28:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

HAMAS is who the Israelis WANT in charge of the PA! Fool!

Let me break it down for you:

The Israelis WANT HAMAS to be in charge of the palestinian Authority.

Dummy.
View Quote

Oh, yes!  I do feel rather silly!  I thought the Israelis just wanted to make peace!  But you mean they really want war???!!!  That's not very nice! [:P]

Well, thank-you for clearing that one up for my weak brain!  I always thought the Israelis wanted peace in the region!  But they want to drive the Palestinians into the arms of the extremists so they have an excuse to wack them as terrorists?  I'm shocked but I'll drink some warm milk to help me to sleep tonight.

BTW, Major Murphy, I thought you had retired for the night.  Did I say something that upset you?  [:P]

Sorry, if I did! [:P]

We're still friends......aren't we? Even though I'm a bit "slow"? [:E]

DaMan    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top