Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2002 8:11:44 AM EDT
I occasionally teach in this school (IS 259)

[url=http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/64846.htm]The story[/url]

December 17, 2002 -- Religious tensions erupted yesterday after authorities confirmed that an Arab girl beat up a Jewish girl at a Brooklyn middle school.
The Arab teen was arrested and suspended for the Dec. 12 attack on the 13-year-old Jewish girl, an honors student, at IS 259 in Dycker Heights, sources said.

"The investigation is ongoing. If there were any other people involved, they will be reprimanded as well," said Department of Education spokesman Kevin Ortiz.

Brooklyn Assemblyman Dov Hikind, who spoke with the victims' parents, said he believes the assault was bias-related - although it was not reported as a hate crime.

"The attack was the culmination of weeks of taunting and tormenting by this group, led by one particular Arab girl," Hikind said in a letter to Schools Chancellor Joel Klein.

"They were chanting, ‘Jew! Jew! Jew!' " Hikind added in an interview.

Hikind said the parents are considering transferring their daughter to private school.

Link Posted: 12/17/2002 8:25:56 AM EDT
[#1]
[i]Hikind said the parents are considering transferring their daughter to private [s]training camp[/s] school[/i]

Prolly gonna send the little [i]szmata glowa[/i] off to Camp...in Syria
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 8:28:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe he was referring to the Jewish girl.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 8:38:07 AM EDT
[#3]
More from the religion of love and peace.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 8:58:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Pfffft. Stupid sensationalist "journalism". But I guess "Two teen-age girls slap each other" isn't much of a headline.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 9:00:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Pfffft. Stupid sensationalist "journalism". But I guess "Two teen-age girls slap each other" isn't much of a headline.
View Quote

LOL!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 9:02:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 9:05:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Kids are cruel to each other, the will use any convenient difference to single out others for ridicule.  This is not news.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 10:14:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Hmmmmm. Sounds like a hate-crime to me. [:0]

Chris
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 11:04:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup, sounds about right to me. A simple schoolyard cat fight is all it probably was. Of course, once Dov Hikind gets involved its automatically an anti-semitic plot against his constituents. According to Dov Hikind, if a member of the Jewish community gets touched in any way, its a racial issue.

Dov Hikind is the Jewish equivalent of Reverend Al Sharpton, all rhetoric all the time....
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 11:38:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Geez and people complain about the blacks turning everything into a racial issue.

I can't wait for this story:

"Jewish Deli owner victim of hate crime by patron".  

Brooklyn- A Jewish deli owner in Brooklyn is seeking the public's help in trying to find a customer who allegedly committed a hate crime against him.

At approximately 12:30 pm thursday a goyim customer entered the store and ordered a pastrami on rye. This is when the alleged hate crime allegedly took place.

"He demanded that a slice of provolone cheese on the sandwich!" said the shaken store owner, "This was deliberate and outright attack on my religious beliefs!"

There is a press conference by the Anti-Defimation League scheduled for today regarding this alleged hate crime. A reward is also being offered for the apprehension of the perpetrator.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 12:11:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Go back to sleep Imro. this story isn't worth any of your "talents"????
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 1:17:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Gentlemen, I suppose it's not much of a story.
However, I know many of the kids in this school and find it to be pretty disappointing.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top