Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2003 1:57:18 PM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/923199/posts[/url]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:01:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think this applies to all of them. there are 3 in my area that I frequent, and they don't have "no CDW" signs. I carry in them all the time.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:02:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Just ignore them.  If they find out, and ask you to leave, walk out and never eat there again.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:44:03 PM EDT
[#3]
my wife tricks me into going along with her to 'tuesday morning' stores in the b'ham area.

on the glass right next to the entrance door
is a sign,"no weapons allowed" with a background of a 45 auto behind the letters.I alwaws want to get into a discussion with the manager about the safety of gun-free zones and how unsafe I feel in her store, but I always get a "PLEASE DON'T" from my wife.

someday I will, though...

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:05:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't they sell Alcoholic beverages at applebee's? In GA you can not carry in areas that sell alcohol for consumption.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:27:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Please note that this doesn't apply to all Applebee's nationwide but only to the Applejam-owned franchises (there are both company-owned and franchise-owned) around San Antonio, TX.

I think it is still worth writing the national chain about though.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:42:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I and my friends carry in our local one all the time..some folks even carry open, sometimes.  The manager likes it, I think...he was robbed and stuffed in a trunk a couple of years ago, and I think he feels better with us around.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:45:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Just because they serve alcohol doesn't make it a no carry zone. At least in OK the way it is written is that you can not carry into an establishment whos PRIMARY business is selling alcohol.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:48:47 AM EDT
[#8]

The food sucks anyway.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:54:09 AM EDT
[#9]
well, the carrying where alchohol is served depends on your state laws.  In Texas, with a CCW, you can carry in restaurants, but not in bars.  Any establishment that obtains at least 51% of it's income from the sale of alchohol is off limits.

Otherwise, unless the establishment in question has LEGAL signs (meeting your state's requirements), the most they can do is ask you to leave.  

When I finally get my dang CHL, I will carry anywhere that does not have the legal signs.  I will, however, NOT consume alchohol when carrying.  :)

Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:05:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Any business in Texas has the right to not allow lawfull persons in possession of a concealed weapons license & weapon into their business.  The business has to post qualified signs at the entry of the business to state their policy of concealed weapons in the business.  If the business earns more that 51% of their income from the sale of alcohol then law forbids entry into the business by a concealed carry licensee in possession of a firearm.  Licensed & certified peace officers are exempt from this law in Texas.
If a concealed carry licensee violates the business' policy they can and usually will loose their license to carry and possibly suffer criminal penalty.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:05:52 AM EDT
[#11]
... Hell, these damned places know no more on what caliber I'm carrying in their establishment any more than the color of underwear I have on.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:11:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:13:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The food sucks anyway.
View Quote

my thought exactly

Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:16:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
... Hell, these damned places know no more on what caliber I'm carrying in their establishment any more than the color of underwear I have on.
View Quote

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

WW nailed it. It ain't like you have a flashig arrow sign hvering over your head that says "GUN!!!!"

SG
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:00:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Summarized from the Texas Penal Code:

[b]Carrying a handgun without a CCW on any premises licensed to sell alcoholic beverages is a third-class felony [Texas Penal Code Section 46.029(c)].

Carrying a handgun with a CCW on any premises licensed to sell alcoholic beverages is only illegal if:

•The establishment derives 51 percent or more of its income from the sale of alcohol intended for on-premises consumption [a third-class felony under Section 46.035(1)] , or

•The establishment has posted a "no-firearms" sign that meets the wording requirements set forth in Section 30.06(3) [a Class A misdemeanor under Section 46.035(i)].

However, displaying a handgun under circumstances where the use of deadly force would be justified in considered to be a valid legal defense for CCW holders. [Section 46.035(h)] [/b]

Note that Section 30.06 doesn't have anything to do with alcohol sales. It is merely a "because I said so" restriction that the management can impose on their customers simply because they don't want them carrying weapons on the premises. Also, note that violating Section 30.06 is a misdemeanor, not a felony. Sure sounds nice and legal, though!

Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:08:49 PM EDT
[#16]
but keep in mind the 30-06 sign is huge!  like 24"wide x36"tall and 1" tall black lettering on a white background.  a clear sticker with a black pistol and red circle and slash is not valid.  it only indicates a non-licensed person in (illegal) possession of a pistol can't carry into a particular place of business.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:30:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 4:58:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The food sucks anyway.
View Quote

You aren't Joking.
I took my Mother to one for her Birthday (really, I did) and the food was not what I would call Outstanding.  I would not even call it Good.  I would, however, call it mediocre.
The service was Good.  The food wasn’t.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:54:44 AM EDT
[#19]
In case you haven't heard, the Applejam franchise owner just reversed his policy on concealed carry after hearing from hundreds of gunowners all over the country.

It will now be in line with Applebee International's corporate policy, which is CHL holders are welcome as long as they abide by the law.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 11:25:00 AM EDT
[#20]
The food sucks anyway.
View Quote

Ain't that the truth!  An friend of mine managed a local "Crapplebee's" for a time, and he told me that none of the food is fresh.  It all comes in frozen & pre packaged in little microwavable trays.

In effect, you are paying restaurant prices for TV dinners.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:25:06 PM EDT
[#21]
As [b]Bartholomew_Roberts[/b] posted, theTexas Applebee's Chain just caved on allowing CCWs in their restaurants:

[b]Thank you for your note. I have determined that my Applejam Applebee's
restaurants will be consistent with our parent company's (Applebee's
International) practice of not posting signs prohibiting licensed, concealed
handguns. Therefore, in the Applejam of Texas' Applebee's restaurants, we
will not post signs prohibiting licensed, concealed handguns.

I look forward to your continued patronage of your local Applebee's
Neighborhood Grill & Bar.

Sincerely,

Frank DeAngelo[/b]

Anyone doubt he got a butt-load of e-mails? Another win for gun rights!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:24:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Screw Frank in Tezas. The corporate boys just bent him over and now he wants to make up.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 4:24:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 4:28:35 PM EDT
[#24]
I always thought they were more anti-food than anti-gun...kind of an Olive Garden of what's supposed to be home-cooked Americana. Like most chain restaurants, it's crap.

-hanko
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 5:07:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
well, the carrying where alchohol is served depends on your state laws.  In Texas, with a CCW, you can carry in restaurants, but not in bars.  Any establishment that obtains at least 51% of it's income from the sale of alchohol is off limits.

View Quote
How the heck are you supposed to know whether they make 51% of their money off booze??
View Quote

Another sign that says that of course.
SSD
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 5:20:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
My CCW restrictions are determined by the laws of the state of Florida.

Applebee's can put up all the signs they want.

View Quote
watch out, they might try to get you for trespassing.... [:O]
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 5:49:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 6:01:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

How the heck are you supposed to know whether they make 51% of their money off booze??
View Quote

Well, the kind of sign they post is a good clue. If it mentions the ATF or alcohol, it's because they make 51 percent from alcohol sales (or at least [i]claim[/i] that they do.). If it mentions Section 30.06 instead, it merely means that they think guns are b-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-d .
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Applebee's food sux anyway[puke]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top