Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2002 4:44:12 PM EDT
UH, don't know whether to be captivated or truely freaked out by this movie.

just started barely 45 minutes ago on the USA channel and I really don't know the premise behind the movie
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 4:48:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 4:49:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 4:54:30 PM EDT
[#3]
See I got the concept about the games being pods that jack into the spine, but it took about 1/2 an hour for them to get to that.

The first wierd thing in the movie was a all organic weapon that fired human teeth, purpose was so that it could get beyond detectors meant to screen for ordinary weapons.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 5:46:56 PM EDT
[#4]
It's like one long acid trip. [:D] It's a pretty good movie too.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 7:39:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I could sorta see where it was going after about 1/2 way through the movie, definitely even predicted the ending once it rolled around to finally getting there.

The movie is DEFINITELY WIERD!!   It's a decent candidate for a Twightlight Zone episode if it was still on air these days.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 7:58:34 PM EDT
[#6]
it in general is a very weird movie. interesting but WEIRD.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 9:18:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 9:34:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

David Cronenberg.

View Quote

His stuff just about as weird as David Lynch's. Eraserhead still gets to me when I watch it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 9:40:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 9:45:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

David Cronenberg.

Amazing film.  AMAZING.

He also did:  Crash, Naked Lunch, Dead Ringers, The Dead Zone, The Fly, Videodrome, Scanners.

Amazing- just amazing artist.

See Crash, Naked Lunch and Dead Ringers.  Creepy.  Very Creepy.
View Quote

Just goes to show that one man's trash is another (wo)man's treasure.

I've seen Naked Lunch, The Fly (which was actually pretty good if totally disgusting), Scanners (decent but hardcore grade B), and Existenz (which just sucked) and have a generally low opinion of Cronenberg's work.  I think he tries a little too hard to create a film noir/sci-fi feel that normally doesn't work.  The plus side is that he was/is directly responsible for the creation of a new genre of movies.  The sci-fi/film noir genre is best represented by Dark City (which has the lucious Jennifer Connelly) and City of the Lost Children (really weird, but visually very very cool).
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 10:15:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The sci-fi/film noir genre is best represented by Dark City (which has the lucious Jennifer Connelly) and City of the Lost Children (really weird, but visually very very cool).
View Quote

Dark City was an ok movie. City of the Lost Children (Ron Pearlman was in that) was very weird, but then again french movies usually are.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 2:53:49 AM EDT
[#12]
I loved Naked Lunch. I'm going to have to find it in DVD.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 3:35:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Cronenberg is way more watchable than David Lynch.

Naked Lunch is much weirder than Existenz.

Does anyone know what Mulholland Drive was about?  Lost Highway?  Those movies were weird and confusing for the sake of being weird and confusing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top