Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 6:53:09 PM EDT
Man, throughout the movie the cameras seemed to focus on all of the different and unnecessary weaponry. They stuck the cameras on the AKs like they were friggin magic swords. And then later on when they were interrogating the one guy, he was like "ya its an AK47, everybody knows that" or when the Police seargent was shot by a .22 in the chest from some 12 yo kid.

It just seemed to me like they were trying to plant subliminal images in everyone's heads so they would fear the assualt weapons.Tthe next time a ban comes around and they see Senator Swinestein holding an ak they will all be fearful of a bank robbery with AKs and have them banned...

I dunno, just seemed to have largely anti-gun tones.

Other than that it was a great movie(liked V for Vendetta better though)
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:22:15 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a Spike Lee movie.

I don't believe I've ever seen a Spike Lee movie. Doubt I ever will. He's a moonbat, I'd rather not give him any of my money. Just the way it is.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:41:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I think you may have seen stuff that wasn't there. There were a couple of gun related technical goofs, but I didn't see anything that was anti gun.  The comment about the AK-47 was true. The kid even said that he knew what it was from the movies. The AK is the most prolific, and thus the most recognizable firearms in the world.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:57:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't believe in "subliminal messages".  However, I am sure that the director puts imagery like that on purpose.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:00:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
In a Spike Lee film Joint? Go figure!

He calls em joints...not movies...cus he's hard like dat...dig???
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:33:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I think you may have seen stuff that wasn't there. There were a couple of gun related technical goofs, but I didn't see anything that was anti gun.  The comment about the AK-47 was true. The kid even said that he knew what it was from the movies. The AK is the most prolific, and thus the most recognizable firearms in the world.

No, I understand that. But to me the next time tha AWB comes up everyone who saw this movie will now have the image of the bank robbers in there head thinking they should ban AK47s...

Trust me, telling other gun people what an AK is...they know what an AK is. But I could take an AK47 to my college and I bet only 1/10 could tell me what it is. After this movie though...
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:39:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I was excited to see this one until I found out it was a Spike Lee "Joint". I will not spend my money to go see a racists' movie.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:45:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Trust me, telling other gun people what an AK is...they know what an AK is. But I could take an AK47 to my college and I bet only 1/10 could tell me what it is. After this movie though...

...and after all the video games that have had relatively accurate rendering of modern firearms in them for the past six or so years?  College students can tell the profile of an AK from an M16 from a deer gun.  Original Counterstrike came out in, what, 1998 or 9?  Course they think the pulling back on the forward assist of an M16 to chamer a round...so I don't think there's much danger from the kids.

Course I don't expect them to be able to tell the differance between an Armi-Jaeger AP80 and a WASR-10 and a true AK.  That's for gun nuts like you and me.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:55:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
In a Spike Lee film Joint? Go figure!

He calls em joints...not movies...cus he's hard a half-crazy little black man like dat...dig???

fixed it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:19:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Movies are anti-gun even in the shootin' and kilin' movies...notice that nobody ever uses gun safety...notice that the muzzle points to people even when just standing around...and the finger is always on the trigger...and they shoot wildly even if there are non-combatants in the background...
The media is geared to teaching careless gun handling...
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:45:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It's a Spike Lee movie.

I don't believe I've ever seen a Spike Lee movie. Doubt I ever will. He's a moonbat, I'd rather not give him any of my money. Just the way it is.

+1 His production company is called "40 acres and a Mule". No agenda their or anything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top