Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2001 7:19:41 PM EDT
Its the one made by Glock - found it for about $29

http://abacus.sj.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/3d985c40e8b650762714b44a34/i-1.JPG

Should I just forget it and get a SOG Seal ?

Link Posted: 9/29/2001 7:24:10 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://abacus.sj.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/3d985c40e8b650762714b44a34/i-1.JPG[/url]

Looks nice, but I'm a Spyderco fan.

Link Posted: 9/29/2001 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, the Seal lists for $167.95, so I think you are going apples/oranges here. Anyway, let me know if you decide to go with the SOG and I'll see what kind of price I can get you on it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 7:28:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I like Spyderco too. Very nice product, unfortuneatly the PD around here doesn't think so. I don't own a sheath knife yet, but when I do I am going to get an old school K-bar.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 7:30:26 PM EDT
[#4]
For $39, how good can it be?  Does it say "China" on the blade?

The name doesn't mean that much in some cases.

Glock, S&W, other "names" doesn't necessarily mean that it's their plant making them.  More likely some overseas company is paying them to use their name or is putting the name on for Glock.

We passed on an S&W, though it looked sorta OK, we went with a Gerber.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 7:37:04 PM EDT
[#5]
SOG all the way, you'll not be disappointed, costs a few bucks more but dang well worth it ! Very , very pleased with all my SOGS {11 and still buying} By the way I have the Glock knife also and its primary duty is digging up whatever finds I come across with my metal detector..but it does do a good job of cutting thru the soil...russell
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 7:38:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Sez "made in Austria" on the blade.

But the blade looks like it is painted black and not coated like the Benchmade or SOG blades are.

http://www.discountfirearms.com/images/glk4.jpg
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 8:12:03 PM EDT
[#7]
There's a ton of online knife sellers. You should check out a few.[url]pvknife.com/arms[/url]
[url]www.tripleaughtdesign.com[/url]
[url]www.knives2000.com[/url]
[url]www.ako4u.com[/url]
[url]www.discountknives.com[/url]
[url]www.knifepro.com[/url]
[url]www.knifecenter.com[/url]
[url]www.knifeart.com[/url]
[url]www.arizonacustomknives.com[/url]
[url]www.skylandscutlery.com[/url]
[url]www.1sks.com[/url]
[url]www.exquisiteknives.com[/url]
[url]www.robertsoncustomcutlery.com[/url]
[url]www.topsknives.com[/url]

Link Posted: 9/29/2001 8:12:40 PM EDT
[#8]
That is the "Glock Field Knife" which is a Hell of a buy for the money.  I have had one since 95 or 96, and it goes camping with me.  Handles all normal chores asked with no problems.  Sharpens quickly, and stays sharp.

As a side note, they were designed as a bayonet for some rifle, the G3 I think, and are issue in several locations.

Stay away from the sawback model, the teeth are about useless.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top