Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2005 8:02:25 AM EDT
Got a call from my dad in Virginia. He said he found my Whites detector in the attic. How he ended up with it I don't know. I used to hit the beach quite often. I'll see him in March and bring it back home. Anyone here do it?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:05:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I used to have a metal detector, but it slowly went bad on me. It got to the point where I had to physically touch a piece of metal with it before it'd set the alarm off.

I wouldn't mind getting a decent one and going treasure hunting again. It's interesting to see what sort of metallic objects people leave behind.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:11:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd love to try it, as it's always interested me. I'd be afraid I'd look like a goofball though
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:25:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I used to have a neighbor who was into it. He worked for the Parks and Recreation department of the goodly-sized suburb where I lived, and would often troll the grounds while he was working at a location. He found all sorts of rings, earrings, watches, necklaces, coins, coins, coins, and other stuff.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:31:53 AM EDT
[#4]
use to be
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:41:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Not really into it but love watching that Gold Fever show on cable!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:46:24 AM EDT
[#6]
i got one for christmas a couple years ago just never learned to use it yet.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:09:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Several of us use to go back behind the firestation and metal detect.  Found cannon balls, buckles, shot, coat buttons.  Had several civil war battles near the area.  Never had any luck at the beach with mine, worked great otherwise.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:13:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Several of us use to go back behind the firestation and metal detect.  Found cannon balls, buckles, shot, coat buttons.  Had several civil war battles near the area.  Never had any luck at the beach with mine, worked great otherwise.

Thats what I want to do. I always wanted to look for Civil War stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top