Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2012 8:13:55 AM EDT
I have a buddy who is a district manager at Wells Fargo, and he knows I want to leave my current place of employment. He says he can get me hooked up with a Private Banker position, but I'm not too sure about this. Sounds like a sales intensive job to me...

Anyone have any experience with this?

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 8:19:43 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I have a buddy who is a district manager at Wells Fargo, and he knows I want to leave my current place of employment. He says he can get me hooked up with a Private Banker position, but I'm not too sure about this. Sounds like a sales intensive job to me...

I work for Wells Fargo. And it is extremely sales intensive, If you cant sell, or don't sell, you will be gone.

It does help to be friends with the DM, but that will only take you so far; there is ALOT of pressure coming down from the top and it WILL land on YOU, especially if you are a banker.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 8:20:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I work for Wells Fargo. And it is extremely sales intensive, If you cant sell, or don't sell, you will be gone.

It does help to be friends with the DM, but that will only take you so far; there is ALOT of pressure coming down from the top and it WILL land on YOU, especially if you are a banker.

What do you do there?

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 8:21:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Personal Banker.

Not my career choice, but it pays the bills right now and will hold me over and give me experience until I graduate college.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 8:22:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Personal Banker  

That's not the same as Private Banker, right?

I wouldn't mind being at WF, but I would prefer back of the house.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 8:26:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Personal Banker  

Just about, except private bankers deal with customers with ALOT of money and assets with the bank, on a much more private and personal level.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 6:39:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Personal Banker  

Just about, except private bankers deal with customers with ALOT of money and assets with the bank, on a much more private and personal level.

Do they actually manage their money or just sign them up for checking accounts and credit cards?

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 6:49:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Personal bankers are the non-teller branch staff that can open and close accounts.  As indicated, they have quotas to maintain.  Private bankers jobs are to manage/maintain large depositors or large/profitable loan customers.  Both are sales positions, but you are MUCH more of the customers bitch as a private banker.  However, I suspect that this is offset by a different quota setup.

You will be giving product and feature advice, but without credentials, you will NOT be giving financial advice.  

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 6:51:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Personal bankers are the non-teller branch staff that can open and close accounts.  As indicated, they have quotas to maintain.  Private bankers jobs are to manage/maintain large depositors or large/profitable loan customers.  Both are sales positions, but you are MUCH more of the customers bitch as a private banker.  However, I suspect that this is offset by a different quota setup.

You will be giving product and feature advice, but without credentials, you will NOT be giving financial advice.  

Well, you have to pass your FINRA exams to have the job. You need your 7, 65, and (i think) 66

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 6:53:02 PM EDT
[#9]
In my experience, Wells Fargo is very similar experience to visitng a used car lot.  I closed all my accounts last year and found a new local bank.  Looking back, I hung around Wells Fargo far too long.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 6:54:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

In my experience, Wells Fargo is very similar experience to visitng a used car lot.  I closed all my accounts last year and found a new local bank.  Looking back, I hung around Wells Fargo far too long.

I bank at Chase.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 6:54:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Personal bankers are the non-teller branch staff that can open and close accounts. As indicated, they have quotas to maintain. Private bankers jobs are to manage/maintain large depositors or large/profitable loan customers. Both are sales positions, but you are MUCH more of the customers bitch as a private banker. However, I suspect that this is offset by a different quota setup.

Well, you have to pass your FINRA exams to have the job. You need your 7, 65, and (i think) 66

Sounds like you'll be giving it...

From what I understand, your primary goal will be to prevent the big fish from being poached.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 6:55:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Personal bankers are the non-teller branch staff that can open and close accounts. As indicated, they have quotas to maintain. Private bankers jobs are to manage/maintain large depositors or large/profitable loan customers. Both are sales positions, but you are MUCH more of the customers bitch as a private banker. However, I suspect that this is offset by a different quota setup.

Sounds like you'll be giving it...

From what I understand, your primary goal will be to prevent the big fish from being poached.

Were you the member here who managed a Wells Fargo?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top