Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2004 1:22:34 AM EDT
It is 3m Schotchcal film and is clear and is applied to headlights, mirror caps, fenders, hoods etc etc to protect them from rock/abrasion damage. I am thinking of getting it appied to my hood, mirrors, and headlights. Here's some links..

www.clearbra.com/

www.clear-pro.net/home.html

www.pftfilms.com

www.clear-guard.com

www.clearmask.com

//proformauto.com

S.O.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:27:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting, if I ever fix mine right I might look into that.

At the moment both of mine look like shit from accidents, hit and runs, and kids who throw rocks.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:44:01 AM EDT
[#2]
That stuff  seems obsessive compulsive to me.

I'll just wax it once a year.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:51:05 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

What does wax do against sand abrasion and stone hits?.... NOTHING

S.O.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:54:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What does wax do against sand abrasion and stone hits?.... NOTHING

S.O.

Your right.

I'll get an "Oh Oh better get Maco  paint job"  it it gets to ugly.

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:57:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I could see the point if you had a high dollar paint job, or a car you kept garaged and drove rarely.
When I didnt drive mine for a few months less then 10 miles from the house windshield gets busted
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:27:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I could see the point if you had a high dollar paint job, or a car you kept garaged and drove rarely.
When I didnt drive mine for a few months less then 10 miles from the house windshield gets busted

What if you had a leased car where they look for every excuse to suck your security deposit dry? Or if it's a new car you want to keep nice for along time or incase to want to trade it in or sell pvt'ly? My car will be getting a re-paint this spring and a full kit from one of these places, I'm tired of stuck on bugs and stone chips all over the front of my car.

S.O.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:05:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I wish I had them put it on the front edge of my hood when I got my new truck.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:10:16 AM EDT
[#8]
all I can say is lease in the winter and bring it back for trade in at night....
and to be sure to get a condition report in hand before leaving

Quoted:

Quoted:

What if you had a leased car where they look for every excuse to suck your security deposit dry? Or if it's a new car you want to keep nice for along time or incase to want to trade it in or sell pvt'ly? My car will be getting a re-paint this spring and a full kit from one of these places, I'm tired of stuck on bugs and stone chips all over the front of my car.

S.O.

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:10:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I wish I had them put it on the front edge of my hood when I got my new truck.

I wager you could go somewhere that sells contact paper and buy some clear stuff  for that purpose --  way cheaper than they are selling this other stuff.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:10:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:15:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I have thought about having bedliner applied to the front of my truck.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:32:42 AM EDT
[#12]
I've seen it on several cars. Looks absolutely great. Almost impossible to tell it's there. Thinking of having it done myself on my car.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:08:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

S.O.

won't hte bugs stick to the plastic too?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:11:25 AM EDT
[#14]
I owned the company called Lamin-x and sold off.  Check it out at www.lamin-x.com.  The way this was being made was something different and works way better than the other stuff!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top