Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2004 3:07:46 PM EDT
I'm looking for something to rip my DVD's onto my computer.  I don't want to end up with a huge 3GB file, just something along the lines of an 800MB .avi, .mpeg, etc.  I have come accross numerous programs that will get the job done...but I'm not about to spend the cash to test them all.  Any help is appreciated.

- N20
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:12:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:13:31 PM EDT
[#2]
use dvd decrypter and autogk.  You can make the movie as big or as small as you want.  I find that 2 GB is the sweet spot.  If you go less than this you really start to notice the quality decrease on the TV.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:13:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Try www.videohelp.com]videohelp.com[/URL . Its a website and forum on DVD authoring and you will find many programs that will do what your looking for. Different programs will rip into different file types. I heard Dr. Divx is a good program for ripping into divx.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:14:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Rip it with DVD Decrypter. Then use AutoGK to compress down to your favorite format. I also use Dr. Divx to encode to Divx format.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:20:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks ya'll.  I just want to be able to keep a couple of my favorite movies on my laptop...without carrying around the DVD's and cases.

- N20
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:24:02 PM EDT
[#6]
DVDShrink will do the job also
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:28:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Best program out there is FairUse.

Will rip the movie to Divx or Xvid.  You specify the final size.  It also has a feature that will allow you to degrade the video quality with the movies credits start.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top