Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2012 9:20:00 PM EDT
Have not handled one yet been considering ordering one for me or at least to stock in the shop

but have not been too enamored with the top notch QC of SIG lately so a bit hesitant

and still a little miffed SIG laughed at me when I called and wanted some 556 spare parts like an extractor and firing pin

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:46:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Just a guess, the furniture is completely throw away so if you buy one tack on an extra $300ish for furniture.  55X mags (AK style) are quite expensive last I saw.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:48:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I too, have heard that the quality has been hit or miss.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:00:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I recently picked up the 551 lower from SIG to throw on my 556 SBR.  

I know it is a crappy cell phone pic, but the stock that came with the 551 lower is top-notch swiss quality.  The mags I have, I bought with the lower for 35 or so each from SIG directly.  My 556 has run like a top since I first bought it, and the fit, finish, and trigger of the new 551 lower I find to be more than acceptible.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:09:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Have one, only ran 3 mags through it but I'm happy with it. The furniture is Swiss. Dunno why someone said they were throwaways; they're not, unless you want them in green or something.

Trigger's pretty nice on mine, too, IMO.

It's a little heavier than an AR I think.

I'm happy with it. It's a fun toy. About the only change I'd make would be to order some of the Sig rails for the front handguard (they bolt right on), and maybe a repro 55X flash hider from MFI.

CDNN has mags...they're expensive no matter where you shop though. The rifle came with two.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:23:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh, you mean the rifle we were all asking for when they gave us the SIG 556?  That boat has sailed for me.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:13:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Oh, you mean the rifle we were all asking for when they gave us the SIG 556?  That boat has sailed for me.

pretty much I had a SIG 556 SWAT it was OK but I wasn't exactly thrilled with it

these look cool .

Just curious if they are decent or are a shitty clone

with rough workmanship and cheap ass garbage accessories like some of the 556 are

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top