Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2016 12:47:41 PM EDT
I am in need of some custom stencils. The size would be 16X24" and 1/16" or so thick plastic. I would rather here from someone than have to go to fiverr and then find a laser cutting shop online. I'm looking at like 10 different stencils. I would also want the digital cutting file if i were to damage one and need more cut out.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:57:16 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a company in Palm Beach Fl. that cuts items. Not sure of the name but can find out Monday. They cut canvas for a friend. Not sure if they can cut plastic.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:22:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Not a laser cutter but rather a water jet, these guys (http://marzee.com) can cut whatever shape that you have in DWG format (AutoCAD).

They can cut plastic, but it may be better to just use their in stock materials, stainless steel or aluminium, instead of shipping you material to them.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 4:05:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Any maker spaces or something local?

A buddy has one, upkeep gets pricey, the co2 laser tubes are almost 2 grand and have to replaced every few years, so low volume makes it tough to keep at home.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:22:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any maker spaces or something local?

A buddy has one, upkeep gets pricey, the co2 laser tubes are almost 2 grand and have to replaced every few years, so low volume makes it tough to keep at home.
View Quote
There are about at least an hour away in madison. I'm not interested in joining. I don't have the skills, software, or patients to make a illustrator or cad file. They should be simple just geometric shapes basically.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:55:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I think 3M would frown upon me making side money using their laser.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:06:03 AM EDT
[#6]
We have a TroTec laser, but haven't had much luck cutting stencil material with it. Enough power to cut through and it tends to leave melted edges rather than nicely defined ones, but if we back it off it doesn't cleanly cut all the way through. Try Lasx in MN as it's what they do (and they do it well): Lasx Website

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:08:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am in need of some custom stencils. The size would be 16X24" and 1/16" or so thick plastic. I would rather here from someone than have to go to fiverr and then find a laser cutting shop online. I'm looking at like 10 different stencils. I would also want the digital cutting file if i were to damage one and need more cut out.
View Quote

I have a plasma table. I can probably cut your stencils out of 24ga (standard thickness for commercial duct work)  sheet metal.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:14:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We have a TroTec laser, but haven't had much luck cutting stencil material with it. Enough power to cut through and it tends to leave melted edges rather than nicely defined ones, but if we back it off it doesn't cleanly cut all the way through. Try Lasx in MN as it's what they do (and they do it well): Lasx Website
View Quote

It doesn't have to be "stencil" sheets. I want some kind of plastic that may be around 1/16" thick that is translucent or transparent. Something that won't snap if accidentally bent. Acrylic may work.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:46:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a friend who just bought one a big boy that will do 10 foot or longer sheets of stainless
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top