Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2006 11:24:47 AM EDT
opinions?

There is one at the local shop for $733.  I really like it.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:05:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Made in Brazil by Imbel, excellant quality.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:40:27 PM EDT
[#2]
V10 Champion here.  Sounds a little high...?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:54:30 PM EDT
[#3]
If it is a regular champion the price is way high by about 200. If it is a v10 I would say it is high by 100. I have a v10 cost me 550.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:19:46 PM EDT
[#4]

It is the stainless custom loaded Champion.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:00:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I paid $575 for mine, after taxes, just like the one above.

The fucker was accurate as hell, but I wanted a full size Colt XSE, so I swapped.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:10:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Just got one, wish I  could figure out how to get the friggin' barrel out.  Anyone have experience with this, the manual is clear as mud.  My full size 1911 does NOT come apart the same way.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:16:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Stock they're a bit rough, and lots of sharp edges.  Mine went to Wayne Novaks shop for about a year for the full treatment by the late Joe Bonar.  Then to Wilson for a guide rod.  Now it's my favorite carry handgun.  When I go out, it goes with me.   Feels right, shoots right.  Can't tell you how many times I've had folks try to talk me out of it.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:22:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought mine about a year ago. I love it. The gun shop I go to had one for almost a year. They wanted to move it, so I got it for $650 out the door. Regular price was $799. It shoots very well. And I love the green and black paint job. I wnat to replace the grips in it because I don't like rubber, but for now its stock.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:25:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Made in Brazil by Imbel, excellant quality.

whats imbel?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:29:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Love mine.   Bought it NIB, with a slight mark on the slide from handling, for around $525.   The mark polished off rather easily with 1500grit sandpaper.

I sent mine off to Springfield to have the front strap checkered, 25lpi machine checkered.  I like ths slimmer grips, as they don't snag my clothing.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:58:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I owned 2 in the recent past (within 8 yrs). One was a Mil Spec model and the other an early "Loaded".

The Mil Spec was a frustrating jammamatic. I tried Wilson mags with no luck, didn't want to fuck with it so I traded in for an early version Loaded. When I say early version, it didn't have night sights, dovetailed front sight, ambi safety and had a different hammer than is used now. The loaded version ran well with all ammo types and I really have no complaints.

I ended up selling it off due to a money crunch I was in. Miss that gun. Definitely will get another.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:14:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Crap guns. I have one and HATE the damn thing. Junky cheap parts, unreliable, throws empties in your face, and generally a good idea turned bad. I use it to do jam drills. It also came with the wrong ejector installed, and a junk extractor. Oh, and the recoil spring assy looks like monkey shit engineering.

I bought a Defender in the end, 10X the gun and 100% reliable from day one.
PS anyone wanna buy a Champion?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:52:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Just got one, wish I  could figure out how to get the friggin' barrel out.  Anyone have experience with this, the manual is clear as mud.  My full size 1911 does NOT come apart the same way.

My loaded comes apart this way:
1.   Lock slide back
2.  Place plastic "C" piece on the exposed section of the guide rod
3.  Release the slide forward
4.   Push out slide release
5.   Slide should now come forward and off of frame
6.  Pull guide rod and spring assembly up and out, with the plastic "c" still clamped in place
7.   Push link forward to lay down on barrel
8.   Barrel should now go forward out of the slide

That is the way mine comes apart.  I hope I didn't forget a step.   It gets easier each time I take it apart and put it back together.  

I didn't say in my previous post that mine is extreamly accurate.  It shoots way better than I do.  I have been extreamly happy with this gun.   I carry it everytime I go out and have full faith that it will do what I expect it to do.  I have yet to have a malfunction of any kind except for the slide not locking back on the last shot, but I think that is because my left thumb sometimes rests on the slide release and does not allow it to capture the slide.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:02:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Mine is exactly like Cajunboy's . Same color and all. I really like it. My buddy showed me a trick to take down.  just take the slide off, then the recoil spring/guide rod off. No little plastic piece needed.
 My champ. seems accurate as all get out. I can shoot it better than my USP I have owned and used for 13 years.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:41:46 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My loaded comes apart this way:
1.   Lock slide back
2.  Place plastic "C" piece on the exposed section of the guide rod
3.  Release the slide forward
4.   Push out slide release
5.   Slide should now come forward and off of frame
6.  Pull guide rod and spring assembly up and out, with the plastic "c" still clamped in place
7.   Push link forward to lay down on barrel
8.   Barrel should now go forward out of the slide

That is the way mine comes apart.  I hope I didn't forget a step.   It gets easier each time I take it apart and put it back together.  

I didn't say in my previous post that mine is extreamly accurate.  It shoots way better than I do.  I have been extreamly happy with this gun.   I carry it everytime I go out and have full faith that it will do what I expect it to do.  I have yet to have a malfunction of any kind except for the slide not locking back on the last shot, but I think that is because my left thumb sometimes rests on the slide release and does not allow it to capture the slide.  

I fingered it out....that cap was just REALLY tight in there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top