Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 7:16:04 PM EDT
Its one of those reflective tube skylights for your house.

I got this room that needs to be brightened up.

Thought about a regualr skylight, but this seems like a btter way to go.

If you got one, do you like it??

THanx.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:30:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I think my mom had them in her old house -
Hers are blue swirl miniature skylights that I call teleporter pads (like Star Trek).  Is that what you are referring to?

If so, they are kinda nice, in a trekkie way, haha.  No, really, they are okay.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:32:47 PM EDT
[#2]
www.solatube.com - yep tht is what my mom had - they have different styles and colors, etc...
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:36:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a "SunTunnel" brand version that I installed in my living room many years ago. It definately adds light to the room, which it needed, but is very low profile, literally and figuratively, and most of the time I don't even remeber/realize that its there.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:45:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't have, installed many. They always seemed like a nice addition. You can get a light kit for them also, so they aren't a black hole at night. they work great in a small space, not so much in a big room.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top