Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2003 12:11:00 AM EDT
Which courses?  What did you think?
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 7:44:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I took the High risk Entry course. It was good and informative. They did a few things differently than our tac team does but all in all it wasn't bad.I just try to remember there is always another way of doing something. Our instructor was an ex GS-G9 guy from Germany. I would go to other things they do in the future.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:21:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Department hosted the 8 hour Patrol Defensive Tactics. Very intensive physically. May have had the same ex-GSG9 guy as DuffyMack mentioned. Super guy, very fit. We wound up with lots of injuries.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:42:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Grimes,
Was he kinda small in stature but could kick you in the head standing 6 inches from you lol? I was very impressed. We did alot of contact training with our weapons out.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 3:23:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like the same guy. Spoke English with  little accent. Not bulky but real solid. Very fast. Our guys still speak in awe of "the German." At the time, July of 02, he talked like he was on some type of extended leave from GSG9 and was living in Canada.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 4:12:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I took their Advanced Sniper Course.  It was a good course, though I wouldn't really consider it an "advanced" sniper course.  HSS fielded a great instructor.  He was very knowledgable and, like the best instructors I have come across, realized that he did not know everything.  He was a marine sniper and also instructed and is currently a sniper for a PD in CA.  I think his name was Matt Poor.

I'd highly recommend the class.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top