Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2006 1:26:37 AM EDT
I posted this in the Team Fourm, then re-posted it here to get more responses from the masses...any input is appreciated...

Originally posted by me....
In six days I find out if I'm gonna go back under the knife. I not real excited about it, but it may just get me back to work. Disablity pay stinks, and I'm spending too much time here!

The goal is to free up the tendon graft in my ring finger so that it will respond better to PT. I just hope recovery is quick cause I just got the pain under control (RSD is a bitch, but Lyrica is some good stuff). I'm thinking a nerve block pre-op wouldn't be such a bad idea.

I think, and so does my doc, that the healing time won't be so bad now that there won't be major trauma to recover from.  He (my doc) seemed real confident back in October - "Oh yeah, I can fix it" - now his default answer is "You really messed up your hand, but we can give it a go".

Anyone whose had had run-of-the-mill Tenolysis done wanna clue me in?

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:00:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes I ha carpel tunnel done on both hands at the same time. Sure made my hands feel better after i was all healed up. I was off work about 1month that was about 15 yrs ago then was on light duty for a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:01:55 AM EDT
[#2]
That' a fitting screen name.LOL   Both at the same time...that musta sucked.

Unforunately there's no "light duty" position for me. It has to be a workers-comp in jury for me to go back on "light-duty". I've been out for four months, and this next surgery will probally tack on another six weeks or so.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top