Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 2:23:19 PM EDT
One just opened up the next town over...happened to notice it on the highway driving past.
They have decent ribs? Burgers?

Worth the trip?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:26:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't care for the meat.
However, they have about 100 tv's and the speaker on your table lets you choose 5-10 audio signals to match the tv you want to watch.
Thought that was pretty cool.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:26:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I give em a mediocre, at least the one in Fredericksburg, Va.

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:31:17 PM EDT
[#3]
There's a new one by my parents' place...seem to always have a nice crowd in there based on vehicles in their lot.

HH
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:31:30 PM EDT
[#4]
How would they compare with 'Famous Daves' (assuming you are familiar with them)
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:34:02 PM EDT
[#5]
They are part of the Darden Restaurant Chain " Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Bahamma Breeze". We have had one here in Orlando for a couple of years "Darden HQ is here" , and we have eaten there a few times. As far a BBQ goes I would rate them average. The restaurants are nice, I like the hunting lodge decor but again food is just so-so.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:38:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Smokey Bones is to BBQ, what Olive Garden is to Italian cooking......not bad but not the real thing.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Smokey Bones is to BBQ, what Olive Garden is to Italian cooking......not bad but not the real thing.

Try the BBQ Chicken Nachos at Smokey Bones... Now thats good. ...but as far as bones. I like Bone Fish Grill.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:11:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Ribs? Dreamland.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:10:24 PM EDT
[#9]
We've got one here in Jax. It seems like every time I've gone the service sucks and the food's barely palatable.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:10:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Famous Dave's kicks Smokey Bones ass.

Bob
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:20:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I love it, eat there all the time. Get the mushroom/blue cheese/onion burger or try the chicken flatbread sandwich! Those are the best items on the menu.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:29:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Famous Daves kicks ass, I cant eat enough of it. Smokey Bones is good too but there ribs are so tender, you never feel full
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:32:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I am not a big fan of Smoky Bones.  Famous Dave's is better, Tony Roma's is better.  However, I usually go to non-chain places, like Big G's Gourmet BBQ, which is not too far from my house.  And this is only when I don't feel like taking 6 or more hours to Barbecue my own.

YMMV
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:35:12 PM EDT
[#14]
The cornbread with crushed pecan butter at Smokey Bones is RIDICULOUS.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:39:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey Macro, I've yet to find a decent rib place anywhere around OVM.  I haven't made it to Smokey Bones yet.  Let me know how it is.  I wonder if they're going to put a dent into Lone Star's business just across the street.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top