Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 1:38:19 PM EDT
I swear, there must be something about December. This week its been one step forward two steps back every day. I landed a project that I've been working on for about a year and a half. Then I get another project pulled from me for BS reasons. Everyone wants everything from me now! since its the end of the year. But all of my suppliers seem to be loafing since its close to Christmas. I've been working my tail off, haven't done any Xmas shopping until last night and then I almost get run over twice in the parking lot.
I guess i just wanted a mellow December where I could catch up on things and properly manage some new work. Instead its just crisis after crisis.

I know, I know, poor me. Wah! At least I have time to post a rant on ARF.
Anyone have a really funny joke? Maybe something Christmas related and dirty?
Thanks for your time.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:40:31 PM EDT
[#1]
It hasn't been the best year for me but this week hasn't been too bad.  Of course its not over yet.

Happy Bill of Rights Day to you!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:47:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Work has been great this week.

Things have been catastrophic on the homefront this week. I've had the worst week I've had since autumn.

Gotta love the holidays

hope things look up for you  soon.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:55:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Totally lousy.

Got dumped by Trillian. For good. Hurts like a cast-iron bitch, even though I KNOW I'm going to look back and say, "Damn! Wasn't I the lucky one!"

I am surrounded by complete idiots at work, including one VP who seems to have a thing for pissing me off. I just love being told how to do my job by people who have been in the industry less time than I've spent on the shitter at work.

But hey, I have my health (for now), and I'm about to spend a week in Orlando with my and perhaps my cousins and their . I also get to spend Christmas morning with the little ones, despite the fact that this is not my year to (ex-wife has a heart, if not necessarily a brain).

Finally, I just discovered that I can pay off my truck, my credit card, and still have some cash left over.

So I don't want to complain. Life is good.

Thank you, Lord for all your blessings. Even the ones that are hard to take at some time.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:57:34 PM EDT
[#4]
It's finals week, so I'm stressed out as hell. Other than that I'm good.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:01:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn snow/ice has me and everyone else stressed here.

They get to drive the plows and equipment.

I get to work on it whenever and wherever it breaks down.

Oh yes, I'm surrounded by genuises and wanna be heros too.

9 more years, 9 more years he mumbles as he heads off to werk for 13 straight hours.

Danny
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#6]
You just need some beer and bootie.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#7]
My wife left me while I was out of town on business...
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:25:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I have looked like these guys since Monday

I can't wait to give my two weeks notice and move on to my next job, which is already in the works.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:27:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes, finals week is wearing me down.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:34:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Well My week has been a rough week.

Full of end of year functions, My liver is not the child it once was.
So everyday this week has been it has been a harder to get out of bed, go to work and do something productive, than the pervious day.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:38:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm getting routine ass-chewings at work.  The requirements have only just been defined and the stuff needs to be coded and tested by end of the year for the boss to get his annual salary bonus.  The other developer I work with is a complete psychopath from Communist China - and she thinks I report to her now.

Oh, and I'm getting canned in a few weeks.

A good friend's mother passed away last week.

I learned last night my uncle passed away.

Another good friend's father is near death.

A former colleague was struck by a car and underwent 12 hours of brain surgery - the prognosis is grim.

Merry f***ing Christmas y'all.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:02:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You just need some beer and bootie.

Yeah, just picked up a new bottle of Jameson Irish Whisky. I'm going to swim after work tonight and then come home and tap some of that goodness from Ireland. That should help with the stress. I'm going to a Christmas party with my good friends on Saturday night and there are supposed to be some good looking, well-to-do women there, so hopefully something magic happens.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:05:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a new daughter and I'm still above the dirt line. Life is good.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:11:13 PM EDT
[#14]
My week was going pretty good, I had plans to go pick up the meat from the deer I shot 2 weeks ago, this weekend. Those plans got shot down 20 minutes ago, when I found out that my Grandmother had just gone back into the hospital and most likely will be going into a nursing home when she leaves the hospital.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:17:35 PM EDT
[#15]
I was able to go to my internship at a DC area gov't contractor this week again. I can only go on breaks from grad school.

The job rocks. I love it. Great people. It's the 2.5+ hour drive from Richmond to Alexandria every day that's killing me. I work, I drive, and I sleep.  I'm only able to check the site today because with the ice storm I stayed home. Damn DC drivers have nearly killed me many times on clean roads.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:19:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I woke up this morning, I did not see my name in the obits, So it is another good day above ground.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:20:37 PM EDT
[#17]
... Not sure it equates to rough, but I've had the most intense, challenging, stressful and complex week in my entire career

... And I almost hate to admit it, but I thoroughly enjoyed it too!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:21:57 PM EDT
[#18]
It's been one of those weeks I wish hadn't happened. I am feeling some better, but the week won't be over until Sunday afternoon when we celebrate the life of Grandpa and place him to rest next to Grandma. RIP Grandpa... I love you always.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:39:38 PM EDT
[#19]
This has just been a weird month

The last half of 2005 has definitly had its ups and downs, I will be damned glad when it is over.  December hasn't been so bad other than a slow month at work.  That and very little pie are the only things that are going to suck this month.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:41:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

The last half of 2005 has definitly had its ups and downs, I will be damned glad when it is over.  December hasn't been so bad other than a slow month at work.  That and very little pie are the only things that are going to suck this month.

But you should have a house soon!

PS - you are getting more pie than about 95% of the guys on this board, though.  Bastard.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:42:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Hasn't been a great month, to be honest.  I had a couple muscle pulls, had some personal issues with the spousal unit, got yelled at by an old bitch in a store for disciplining my kid and found out my sister has instestinal cancer.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Its thursday, got that going for me.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:44:57 PM EDT
[#23]
I had a great week. What a bunch of whinners.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:47:49 PM EDT
[#24]
So far so good over here.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But you should have a house soon!

PS - you are getting more pie than about 95% of the guys on this board, though.  Bastard.

Yeah but I got a feeling the whole pie thing is gonna slow down.  Yeah I am pretty excited about the house. I mean hell I allready have homeowners insurance. Speaking of Insurance I have to start a new thread.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:50:53 PM EDT
[#26]
My special kitty, Cedric, died 2 hours ago.  Terminal Cancer.  His kidneys shut down and the Vet could no longer do anything for him.

We had him for 11 years, raised from a kitten.  

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:59:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Work has been rough the last few months, but I am thankful I have a job.  Working 80+ hours and getting paid for 40 is still better than not getting paid at all.  From some of the posts here, I know I have no right to say anything else except God has been good to me.  

For those of you having it rough - really rough (deaths in family, wives walking out) - you have my deepest sympathies and sincere prayers.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:00:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Stuck in a war zone surrounded by people that hate us.

But hey, It could be worse.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:08:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
My special kitty, Cedric, died 2 hours ago.  Terminal Cancer.  His kidneys shut down and the Vet could no longer do anything for him.

Aw, man - sorry to hear that.  We lost our cat, Arafel, of 17 years, last week of renal failure.  Her last week was rough (she went blind) and finally just couldn't carry on anymore.  My condolences.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:31:38 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Aw, man - sorry to hear that.  We lost our cat, Arafel, of 17 years, last week of renal failure.  Her last week was rough (she went blind) and finally just couldn't carry on anymore.  My condolences.

Thank you.  It's so hard when they've been in the family for so long.  I'm sorry for your loss too.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:50:11 PM EDT
[#31]
No F@#king comment!

GM
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:51:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Every week.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:26:46 PM EDT
[#33]
You guys think you got it bad.  Pffft.  I read in another thread where Motown Steve owes his apartment complex 40 cents.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:28:59 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
You guys think you got it bad.  Pffft.  I read in another thread where Motown Steve owes his apartment complex 40 cents.  

Hmm - maybe he should become a rapper - "Foh-tey Cent!"
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:30:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:32:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Only weather wise.

Snow with the snow blower imitating a Teamster.  Yesterday's temp reached a record low.  This afternoon's snow gave way to freezing rain and the ice coated streets that go with it.

Everything else is OK.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top