Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2001 12:45:40 PM EDT
Just got my first bill from the new move.

A grand total of $164!!!  And that's minus long distance, since I have another long distance provider!

The bill is basically unreadable to anyone who doesn't work for the company.

So I call and try to dispute these charges.  $41 is for 1 of 6 installment on a phone they sent me (I didn't order it!), $30 for install, all sorts of various charges for installing various features (call notes, caller ID, etc.), prorate bill for the first week, etc...  Never told me I'd be charge to hook up each separate feature that was supposed to be one package!

So a $42 a month service, costs me about $120 for the first month (minus the phone I'm sending back).  Pure BS!

Now here's the part that REALLY pisses me off.  I ordered DSL through the same company.  Supposed to be $50/month, $200 for equipment and fees which should have been taken care of by a $200 rebate they were supposed to send me.  This is all separate from the above bill.

3 Weeks after the order was placed, the self install kit arrives, too late, I already found another provider assholes, and they hooked me up in one day.  So I call to cancel and tell them I'm sending the equipment back.

The lady tells me they can cancel all my charges, except for $50 for administrative costs, since "I signed on for a 1 year contract"
BS, I was NEVER told about any kind of contract, or any kind of $50 fee!  She tries to argue that the agent I signed on with explained this all to me.  I say that's not true, and ask if they have the call on tape, so we can review it, answer: "no."  So I'm now waiting for a supervisor to call me back.

I am VERY pissed off right now...
Link Posted: 8/28/2001 1:16:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Remember the Parker Bros. game monopoly?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top