BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 6:43:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Remember, all of these bad movies are where liberals get all of their "factual" information about guns...
View Quote

The same liberal filmmakers who hire technical experts on every conceivable aspect of the film cannot be bothered to get simple gun rules and handling correct.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 6:44:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
In one of the first episodes of The Walking Dead, Rick tells one of the deputies to take his safety off, and he does...On a Glock.  LOLed a little.
View Quote

Ever catch how the governor shoots a Steyr AUG right handed with his right eye covered by an eye patch? Probably because the director though the AUG was so cool but they didnt have the left hand conversion for it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 6:45:18 PM EDT
[#3]
No.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 6:45:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Love how no one ever has a round in the chamber, always showing slide racks and shotgun pumps on the first shot kills me...
View Quote

Ha came here to post this lol

Link Posted: 4/1/2014 6:45:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Doesn't bother me at all.  I am still trying to find that 100 round revolver I saw on a movie once, but so far no luck
View Quote
WANT

Link Posted: 4/1/2014 6:46:17 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

WWII M9.  Dividing by potato.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 6:47:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Meh. I don't want realism in movies. It would make the good guys job infinitely harder.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 6:51:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Shout out to "Zero Dark-Thirty" and "Lone Survior"  for attempting to get get suppressed gun fire to sound right.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 7:03:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I once saw a movie that had a small but important Combat Scene in it.  An M60 machine in the scene was shooting blanks.
Seriously: The rounds being fed into the machine gun had crimps where the bullets were supposed to be:
http://www.ppu-usa.com/ammunition/ammunition-blanks.jpg
View Quote

l don't mind that one too much.
IIRC, even our beloved Black Hawk Down had that.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 7:14:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I loved the guy in Sharknado blowing sharks out of the sky at 1/4 mile with a 9mm. That show was awesome.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 7:20:26 PM EDT
[#11]
For me the Army has ruined movies and TV forever. I was already a little irritated though that every gun has to do it's little clicky sound when the actor waves it around, every knife has to make a metallic swish when the actor waves it, and every time an actor is about to deliberately shoot someone they have to manually cock the hammer of their pistol.

I am particularly mad at FX for showing Archer firing an M16 with the safety obviously left on.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 7:21:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Not really. I expect holly wood to fuck things up.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 7:21:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No, but then again I don't feel being a member of an internet forum automatically makes me an expert.
View Quote

Best response here, lol.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I wish it didn't bother me.  I saw two shots fired in Lone Survivor with the safety on.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 7:23:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

http://media0.giphy.com/media/UEi5cUcgQkxbO/giphy.gif
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Love how no one ever has a round in the chamber, always showing slide racks and shotgun pumps on the first shot kills me...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that how most LE used to keep their 870s? (no round in chamber)
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 7:26:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that how most LE used to keep their 870s? (no round in chamber)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some agencies still do.  Pisses me off, but that's just one man's opinion.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 7:31:05 PM EDT
[#17]
My friends get upset when I start pointing things out... especially one of them who is a network engineer. But he does the same thing during dumb hacker scenes

People complain about movies based on what they're accustomed to. Car guys are picky about driving scenes, gun guys about shooting, etc.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 7:36:49 PM EDT
[#18]
wife yelled at the TV sitting with her mom when the guy put a Walther on safe then shot.....

then explained it to her mom.... I got a call over that one
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 7:42:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a reason for that, no drop safety ( or sear blocking the firing pin) as it would be called on the 870. Because police are prone to get into pursuit and crash, also once upon a time were allowed to ram fleeing automobiles people in LE decided that have a round in the chamber was probably not a good idea. Load magazines, chamber empty, hammer down (so to speak),safety on was called cruiser ready.  However, once you get out of the cruiser or vehicle and are intent on making a stealth approach, you should have probably already chamber a round before leaving the staging area.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top