Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 4:30:39 AM EDT
How do they function and did TNW do a good job on the semi-auto conversion parts? I guess what I really want to know is did TNW detract at all from the gun long term reliability by not engineering the semi-auto conversion parts as good, and at the same quality level as the original design?

I really want to avoid buying a gun that I have to keep sending back to the manufacture to get stuff fixed. Do any of you guys have a TNW MG34 that has fired 10,000 rounds without parts failure or issues?

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:46:09 AM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:04:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I had one for about a year and sold the POS. Initial trigger pull was in excess of 20 lbs due to a reverse sear angle. I stoned the sear and got the pull lighter, but then had run away full auto problems. It jammed quite often, was heavy and clunky about like a 1919A6. Bought a Vector RPD when they first came out and what a difference. Gun is relatively light, accurate and runs like a wet dream. In closing buy the Vector and be happy or buy the MG34 and be disappointed in a $3k gun that does not work right.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:30:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I had one for about a year and sold the POS. Initial trigger pull was in excess of 20 lbs due to a reverse sear angle. I stoned the sear and got the pull lighter, but then had run away full auto problems. It jammed quite often, was heavy and clunky about like a 1919A6. Bought a Vector RPD when they first came out and what a difference. Gun is relatively light, accurate and runs like a wet dream. In closing buy the Vector and be happy or buy the MG34 and be disappointed in a $3k gun that does not work right.

I already have a Vector RPD and like it very much.

Did you send your TNW MG34 back to TNW for repair? If so, were they able to fix the problems you were having?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:38:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Sold it rather than dick with sending it back. Every report I read on them before and after owning it said the same thing. Bad trigger pull etc.. I spoke with them and they told me that they had to do the reverse angle on the sear, due to full auto issues. If you are really interested then call them and ask if they got the trigger problem fixed.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:49:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sold it rather than dick with sending it back. Every report I read on them before and after owning it said the same thing. Bad trigger pull etc.. I spoke with them and they told me that they had to do the reverse angle on the sear, due to full auto issues. If you are really interested then call them and ask if they got the trigger problem fixed.

The heavy trigger pull is common and well discussed on all the forums. A heavy trigger pull is not a deal breaker for me.

What I really need to know to make my decision is does the gun function well? If not, what kind of functioning issues did you have? Can you give me specifics? How many rounds did you fire through the gun total before selling it? How many malfunctions did you have. I really appreciate any details you can give, Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:14:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I put about 500 rounds through it. In that time I had numerous FTF and FTE issues. As I said before when it went run away the only thing that stopped it was a jam. No parts ever broke aside from the butt stock cracked, TNW replaced it. If your hot after one, then buy it, but I could never reccomend it to anyone.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:17:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I put about 500 rounds through it. In that time I had numerous FTF and FTE issues. As I said before when it went run away the only thing that stopped it was a jam. No parts ever broke aside from the butt stock cracked, TNW replaced it. If your hot after one, then buy it, but I could never reccomend it to anyone.

Wasn't the run-a-way caused by you stoning the sear (I believe that's what you said earlier)? Did you fire the gun prior to stoning the sear?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:27:33 AM EDT
[#8]
It did not do it before as I recall, however without the sear work I could only fire 20-30 rounds before my fingers were worn out.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:29:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It did not do it before as I recall, however without the sear work I could only fire 20-30 rounds before my fingers were worn out.

Much thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:34:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I had one and just sold it.  It ran fine but had a heavy trigger pull.  It did have some FTF's,but I chalked that up as much to the crappy Ecuadoran ammo I bought from TNW as to the gun.  Most failure to feed problems came from the initial loading of the gun.  If you insert a belt and charge the bolt, it feeds only about half the time.  If you insert a round into the chamber, close the bolt, then insert the belt, it fires and feeds almost all of the time.  The gun was fun to shoot but a PIA to clean.  I sold it because I got a registered MG34.  MG4's can be very finnicky guns and belts make a lot of difference.  It also helps to spray the belts with dry lube before loading.  Did I mention the Ecuadoran ammo TNW sells sucks?  The only problem I had with the gun was a bolt roller that came off.  I sent it to TNW and they fixed and returned it right away.  The fit and finish of the gun was very good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top