Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/12/2009 12:49:40 PM EDT

Looking as his arms, he doesn't appear to be very muscular. His shoulders look kinda hunched over too. His knife obviously isn't military issue, and his pants, shirt, vest and hat don't look at all military.

I know that the hypothesis running around has been that he is special forces of some kind, but I am going to go out on a limb and guess that this guy isn't military at all. I am going to guess that he is either a contractor providing security/force protection services or he is CIA or some other government agency other than military. Maybe he's a DEA or BATFE agent, I know they had a bunch of those guys going around Afghanistan and Iraq. I'm thinking that he's probably not military though.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:50:40 PM EDT
[#1]
In one 1
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:51:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't care who he's affiliated with, that's the coolest pic on the interwebz.  [runs off to pop some popcorn]
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:52:23 PM EDT
[#3]
in

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:52:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I know he's a badass
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:52:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Pretty sure this guy and his unit were on some NatGeo show, and if this is him, he in fact lives under the UCMJ, and is a HSLD Operator.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:52:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Hes sportin a kevlar beard....Hes someone you dont wanna fuck with
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe his picture is photochopped onto the back ground??
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:54:12 PM EDT
[#8]
His name is Steve.  

He sits in the back cubicle at my office.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:54:14 PM EDT
[#9]
tis cowboy.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:54:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I always read a real-deal Seal.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:56:36 PM EDT
[#11]
not a seal.

whats your point about his 'hunch'? or about how muscular he is? lol. really?

fuckin 5th group.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:00:49 PM EDT
[#12]

same guy, same rifle.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:01:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Same wrist compass too
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:03:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Same wrist compass too

Good catch
cause absolutely no two people in the world wear the same watch

I keed, I keed
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:04:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Tag.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:05:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:06:05 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

not a seal.

whats your point about his 'hunch'? or about how muscular he is? lol. really?

fuckin 5th group.

How do you know?

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#18]
I would'nt fuck with himYou don't have to muscular to kick ass!!
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:07:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Looking as his arms, he doesn't appear to be very muscular. His shoulders look kinda hunched over too. His knife obviously isn't military issue, and his pants, shirt, vest and hat don't look at all military.

Stress, lack of sleep, erratic schedules, less than ideal nutrition and other problems that accompany deployment can wreak havoc on your health and physique.

Guys in those high-speed units often use non-standard equipment and clothing. I believe the rule decided on by CENTCOM was that they have to wear one major item of normal issue clothing (for example ACU pants) so as to technically remain a uniformed combatant.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:07:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:08:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Mustles dont dictate skill.. Im sure All delta and Green Berets arent all Mr Universe...

I would bet he is military.. Green Beret maybe? SF wears unconventional outfits to not stick out in the local populous. hence the long beards and shit.. I would bet that dude would bring a special type of pain to all kinds of people if they choose to push him too far.. Me included.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:09:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj255/LanceKilkenny/20j48s0.jpg

I know that the hypothesis running around has been that he is special forces of some kind, but I am going to go out on a limb and guess that this guy isn't military at all. I am going to guess that he is either a contractor providing security/force protection services or he is CIA or some other government agency other than military. Maybe he's a DEA or BATFE agent, I know they had a bunch of those guys going around Afghanistan and Iraq. I'm thinking that he's probably not military though.

photoshop much
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:10:17 PM EDT
[#23]
i cant find that other pic, but there is one where said dude is turning in the same pic, and you can see the "14" on his rifle stock.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:11:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj255/LanceKilkenny/20j48s0.jpg

photoshop much

Come on, that pic's been around loooong before now.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:13:44 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm going to bet 5th Special Forces. Just a guess.

Reminds me; if anybody wants a good read pick up Horse Soldiers. The acquisition of gear that started on 12 September will answer any of the non SI kit questions.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:15:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Yep, looks like a pussy to me.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:16:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
i cant find that other pic, but there is one where said dude is turning in the same pic, and you can see the "14" on his rifle stock.

This thread is full of fail.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:16:23 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

In the picture you posted just a few posts above, you can see a "14" on the stock.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:17:21 PM EDT
[#29]
I have a guess that he's Army CAG- Just a guess
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:18:02 PM EDT
[#30]
He is...The Most Interesting Man in the World.

Bears flat-out refuse to fight him.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#31]
yeah, I'm sure he'a a wannabe airsoft poser punk.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:19:59 PM EDT
[#32]
My first in on one
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:20:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:

In the picture you posted just a few posts above, you can see a "14" on the stock.

Tell me.. Why is the 14 important or telling? I have no idea..
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:20:18 PM EDT
[#34]
During my career I rubbed elbows with a wide variety of special ops.  Both US and foreign.  Most were build like him... some a little thinner... some a little taller.  I not once met one that looked like a body builder, like many of the spec ops in the movies.  Think of it like a marathon runner... they all look about a sandwich short of starving to death... but they keep going & going! ...and NEVER look like body builders.  Almost all of the HSLD I met if you saw them dressed in common casual street clothing, you would NEVER guess they were real HSLD spec ops.  

However... in the movies and on TV most look like body builders... so many get a stereo-type idea of what spec ops look like that is soooo wrong!

I seem to recall seeing that picture with the guy identified as Army Special Forces.  Most of the Army SF I know are shorter and smaller than me (5ft 9in, 200 lbs).  I had a good friend who was SAS.  He was shorter than me, about 160 lbs and did not have a broad chest or wide shoulders, his arms were not so impressive.  He was not as big as the guy in the photo... and you would never guess him as SAS.  Same for a spec op I knew who was from South Africa.  You would NEVER guess!
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:21:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stress, lack of sleep, erratic schedules, less than ideal nutrition and other problems that accompany deployment can wreak havoc on your health and physique.

Guys in those high-speed units often use non-standard equipment and clothing. I believe the rule decided on by CENTCOM was that they have to wear one major item of normal issue clothing (for example ACU pants) so as to technically remain a uniformed combatant.

Living in the 3rd world will play special games with your intestines.  A solid stool is a topic for discussion....
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:21:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
He is...The Most Interesting Man in the World.

Bears flat-out refuse to fight him.

This.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:21:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Cool ass pic! In on one.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:21:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I never said that. I never said that he wasn't a badass either. In fact, the guesses that I did make were in no way disparaging to him. I guessed that he could have been a contractor, a CIA operative or some type of federal agent. Never once said that he was a poser or airsoft punk. You should try reading more.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:21:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Does someone have a crush or what?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:22:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Long lost brother of Chuck Norris ????????
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:22:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Ah yes . I know his story well .
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:22:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never said that. I never said that he wasn't a badass either. In fact, the guesses that I did make were in no way disparaging to him. I guessed that he could have been a contractor, a CIA operative or some type of federal agent. Never once said that he was a poser or airsoft punk. You should try reading more.

you should get your sarcasim meter checked...
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:23:45 PM EDT
[#43]
5th group, i have a picture somewhere of him and the rest of the guys he runs with......

they also were shown very briefly on the military channel

he is the real deal for sure
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:23:55 PM EDT
[#44]
As someone else posted, that is "cowboy", and he is the real deal.

That is not photochopped.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:27:06 PM EDT
[#45]
seriously... IN ON ONE ....
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:28:15 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It gives a sign that the rifle is issued.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:28:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
During my career I rubbed elbows with a wide variety of special ops.  Both US and foreign.  Most were build like him... some a little thinner... some a little taller.  I not once met one that looked like a body builder, like many of the spec ops in the movies.  Think of it like a marathon runner... they all look about a sandwich short of starving to death... but they keep going & going! ...and NEVER look like body builders.  Almost all of the HSLD I met if you saw them dressed in common casual street clothing, you would NEVER guess they were real HSLD spec ops.  

However... in the movies and on TV most look like body builders... so many get a stereo-type idea of what spec ops look like that is soooo wrong!

I seem to recall seeing that picture with the guy identified as Army Special Forces.  Most of the Army SF I know are shorter and smaller than me (5ft 9in, 200 lbs).  I had a good friend who was SAS.  He was shorter than me, about 160 lbs and did not have a broad chest or wide shoulders, his arms were not so impressive.  He was not as big as the guy in the photo... and you would never guess him as SAS.  Same for a spec op I knew who was from South Africa.  You would NEVER guess!

Well, it's not only in fiction that they portray these guys as being body builders. If you ever watch a documentary on special forces the real deal guys that they video and interview appear to be in excellent shape too.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:29:07 PM EDT
[#48]
The most posted man on arfcom.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:31:48 PM EDT
[#49]
The long lost missing fourth member of ZZ Top is FOUND!!!

[LaGrange] NaNaNaNaNaNa Haww Hawww Hawww Hawwwwwww....  [/LaGrange]

BIGGER_HAMMER

Seriously - Many S.F. personal are thin built because the LEGS are much more important than the chest and arms when you are humping many many miles over the nastiest terrain this side of hell.  Big and Bulky looks good on the screen, but the thin hard guys keep on moving which in their situation means life!
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:33:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

It gives a sign that the rifle is issued.

There again, under the possibilities that I suggested having an issued rifle that was marked as such wouldn't necessarily indicate that he is military. He could have a CIA, BATFE, DEA or Blackwater issued rifle say. I'm not saying that it IS the case, only that it COULD BE the case.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top