Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2006 11:59:52 AM EDT

Particularly, education grants?  My wife will be teaching kindergarden this school year and her school is known for it's grant awards.  I would like to help my wife jump on the bandwagon and help her class/school out at the same time.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 6/20/2006 12:05:55 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you want to know there buddy  (buddy wife)?  Want me to PM you my phone number?  
Link Posted: 6/20/2006 12:16:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I used to write grants all the time but that was 10 years ago.  It could have changed.  My advice is for your wife to call her local community college.  They usually have all the grants available and they offer seminars on grant writing.

Patty
Link Posted: 6/20/2006 12:18:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I misread the title, I thought it said "writing rants". I was going to suggest you contact McUzi.
Link Posted: 6/20/2006 12:20:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Contact the development district your wife's school falls under.

if you tell me the county I can tell you.

There are federal monies and state funds available for her use, but they (obviously) vary by state.

rob78
grants writer/funding procurement research/transportation planner

eta: for the love of christ DO NOT buy the "question mark book" from the guy in the green suit.
total scam!
Link Posted: 6/20/2006 12:28:50 PM EDT
[#5]
IMs sent. thanks folks
Link Posted: 6/20/2006 12:43:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
IMs sent. thanks folks

check your IM

good luck
Link Posted: 6/20/2006 12:46:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Have your wife take an online grant writing course, or perhaps one at the local community college.  Believe it or not, some of the online classes are more informative and helpful than at the local CC.

If your looking at getting grants NOW, forget it.

Takes time, hours of research, gathering statisitcs which can be VERIFIED (anyone can make ANYTHING up if they want tohave
Overall a very tedious (sp?) process, and usually on the first "go round" you may not see anything for your work.  You need to "stick with it", don't be discouraged.  After your wife "sees" whats out there, over time she will get better at her proposels (sp?), find out what money is going to where and why, and can "adjust" her stratagy for the next year.

Thats why I mentioned it takes time.  There are professionals who do it for a living everyday, and also numerous non profit organizations who are applying on a regular basis.

In the long run howewver, the work can really pay for itself (more of a labor of love if your not doing it for money for income.
Link Posted: 6/21/2006 2:00:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Have your wife take an online grant writing course, or perhaps one at the local community college.  Believe it or not, some of the online classes are more informative and helpful than at the local CC.

If your looking at getting grants NOW, forget it.

Takes time, hours of research, gathering statisitcs which can be VERIFIED (anyone can make ANYTHING up if they want to).

You need to be prepared and have EVERYTHING in order.

Overall a very tedious (sp?) process, and usually on the first "go round" you may not see anything for your work.  You need to "stick with it", don't be discouraged.  After your wife "sees" whats out there, over time she will get better at her proposels (sp?), find out what money is going to where and why, and can "adjust" her stratagy for the next year.

Thats why I mentioned it takes time.  There are professionals who do it for a living everyday, and also numerous non profit organizations who are applying on a regular basis.

In the long run howewver, the work can really pay for itself (more of a labor of love if your not doing it for money for income.

yeah, our university offers some classes, I'm thinking about taking one
Link Posted: 6/21/2006 3:12:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I've written forty in the past five years.  I was sucessful thirty-five times.  $5,000 to 1.5mil.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top