Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2002 4:24:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 4:42:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Saw a wolf eel in a chicom restaurant before years ago.  Dude was there for a long ass time and probably still is.  I don't go there anymore because I saw a bug in the food.

Oh ya, I used to have regular freshwater crap.  Such as arowana and marble cat.  Arowana outgrew my damm 50 gallon tank!  No surprise as they can grow over three foot long in the wild.  Sucka would gobble up twenty feeders per session.

Post a pic of the "wolf" if you can.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 4:43:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Very interesting. I am also in to fish tanks. I have a 55 gallon tank and a 33gallon tank. Both tanks have fresh water fish, turtles and crawfish in them. If I could stop spending money on my arsenal, I could upgrade to one big tank and have all of my animals in it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 4:50:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Hehehe, so cute.  I'm not too familiar with fish but it looks like the Convict I owned except the bump on the head.
It grew to like 6" long but had to give it away to my friend.  I had to move cross country and I had no means to bringing it here alive.  Anyone familiar with transporting fish?  Let me hear your advice so I'll know what to do next time I move.  Hmmm, nice income opportunity for you eh?  :)  I should look for something to supplement my work paycheck.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 4:56:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hehehe, so cute.  I'm not too familiar with fish but it looks like the Convict I owned except the bump on the head.
It grew to like 6" long but had to give it away to my friend.  I had to move cross country and I had no means to bringing it here alive.  Anyone familiar with transporting fish?  Let me hear your advice so I'll know what to do next time I move.  Hmmm, nice income opportunity for you eh?  :)  I should look for something to supplement my work paycheck.
View Quote

Does look like a "Convict".  Sure he didn't receive a bump on the head by another fish?

My friends "Tiger Oscar" could do tricks that would make a circus trainer proud.  Dude would jump out of the tank like a dolphin and land back in the water.  Must have been conditioned by seeing the yellow styrofoam tray the feeders were brought to him on.  Hover the tray over the tank and out came "Flipper"!  He once fed "Flipper" KFC before.  I shit you not!

The same friend also told me that he would pet his Oscar.  I tried petting my "Kissing Gourami" before and he spiked the shit outta me with his fin.

I think most fish are transported by square styrofoam containers.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 4:57:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I do a lot of Marine (saltwater)  300 gallon species tank exclusive to batfish.  150 gallon species Seahorse tank, Brazillian of course.  And a 2500 gallon reef(top off water runs about 100 gallons a week!).  I only do saltwater and only go after so called "politically incorrect" species to piss off the Alec Baldwins of the aquarium world.

Cool that your fish are breeding.  I have been trying to breed the orange Brazillian seahorses for years.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 4:59:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 5:02:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I used to have two of these. Mean little fuckers. Jaguar cichlids or managuence. They were little excavators when they were nesting . Moved about 45 pounds of gravel in 3 hours!!!

[img]http://www.aquariacentral.com/pictures/jaguar2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 5:13:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I do a lot of Marine (saltwater)  300 gallon species tank exclusive to batfish.  150 gallon species Seahorse tank, Brazillian of course.  And a 2500 gallon reef(top off water runs about 100 gallons a week!).  I only do saltwater and only go after so called "politically incorrect" species to piss off the Alec Baldwins of the aquarium world.

View Quote

Are these tanks at your house?  I'd like to set up a large reef after I move (in the next year or so).  I had a 110 gallon reef for a few years and learned a lot about what not to do.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 5:17:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I used to have two of these. Mean little fuckers. Juguar cichlids or managuence. They were little excavators when they were nesting . Moved about 45 pounds of gravel in 3 hours!!!

View Quote

I had a tank full of african cichlids that were the same way.  Cool fish, but very teritorial and loved to re-arrange the landscape (seascape?).
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 5:24:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a little 30 gallon- i thought aggressive fish would be cool.. then they kept eating each other. It does look like the convict I had, mine had a big old forehead.

It seems that one fish always dominates and grows really quick.. then when it dies, another gorws really quick.. very interesting.

I want to get a large saltwater when I settle down.. Some sharks would be cool.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 6:06:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I've got a little aquarium with one Beta. Actually, it's the kids fish.

Anyway, I have a question. The fish hardly ever swims around. It usually just sits on the bottom on it's tail or like a tripod on it's tail and two front fins. Is this normal?

I've got it trained so that when I tap on the glass it knows it's feeding time and it swims up to the top. Then after it eats it just "sits" down again.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 6:13:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice Frontosa.  I used to raise Africans, too, but got tired of them beating each other to death.  Fiestiest fish on earth.

At one time I got seriously into breeding and had about 50 tanks in my basement.  It was a hobby run amuck.  Eventually I burned out and sold them all off.

Just got rid of my last setup recently.  No more aquariums for this fellow. [;)]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 6:15:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Has anyone ever tried to raise game fish, such as Bass, Bream or Crappie?
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 8:31:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I've got a 75 gallon with Tin Foils, Bala's, Parrot's and a bunch of smaller stuff, and also a Cichlid tank with Africans. I keep a 10 gallon running with a few throw-aways (platty's, mollie's, etc.), in case I need to medicate a particular fish.

When I retire and relocate, I will set up a 250 reef tank.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top