Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2001 10:41:14 AM EDT
They are a blast!

I just loaded up on the uniforms and gear to participate.

Artillery is fun...
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 10:49:49 AM EDT
[#1]
A brother-n-law was first a confederate zouave and then joined a northern zouave group.  Sister was Jeb the trumpeter, nephew was the coward who ran from battle, and neice didn't do much.  I just watched.  They played up at Ft. Tejon.

So which side and do you own the cannon?
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 1:15:24 PM EDT
[#2]
9th Ky Co.B Orphan Brigade.   Play Inf But own a Cannon also. Its a blast.   [sniper]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 1:17:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Join a local militia and maybe you could do some Civil War II preenactments......

Michael
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 1:31:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Co. B, 34th Ga. Infantry Regt., at your service, sir!

see you at Manassas, Virginia.
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 1:32:15 PM EDT
[#5]
My son-in-law does Civil War Reenactments. Both my daughter and granddaughter go along with him and spend the weekends in another century.

I just can't get used to the woolen uniforms!

I keep telling my son-in-law that you'd think the South would have used a bit more cotton in their wardrobe.

Can you imagine how Pickett's men must have felt traversing the field at Gettysburg at 3:00 PM in the afternoon, in the heat of July, and wearing those wool uniforms! If'n the Yankees' bullets hadn't taken their toll, the damn heat would've taken 'em out anyway.

Eric The(I'Reenact'ItAlmostEveryDay)Hun[>]:)]

Link Posted: 7/24/2001 6:31:04 PM EDT
[#6]
[b]REENACT?!?!?[/b]  Why the hell would you [b]ACT[/b] when the war of northern aggression is still on?!?
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Richmond Howitzers, at your service.  Small world, Chaingun, the unit is based at Fort Tejon.  I am not an owner of a cannon, but I do get to play with one.  I think the unit is up to nine tubes now.

If you make arrangements in advance, there are spare uniforms available and groups are always looking for new participants.  The next event at Fort Tejon is August 19.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top