Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2002 8:31:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 8:53:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I agree completely [b]DoubleFeed[/b].

You [s]may[/s] probably won't change any anti's irrational opinions about guns but your tact WILL expose their absurd and totally unfounded viewpoints to the great unwashed of "undecideds".

Question them relentlessly and let the antis ignore history, ignore facts, ignore statistics, paint themselves into a corner, contradict themselves and just ramble on ad infinitum with their psychobabble idiocy. Show everyone else that they are on the losing side.

BTW...
[b]EVERYONE'S guns have already been banned, they're just taking their time rounding them up.[/b]

Eventually you'll break one of their Draconian laws and the Feds will knock on your door and cart off your guns because you got in a bar fight 20yrs ago
or because you called a mugger a "ni@@er" once
or because you got a DUI 20yrs ago
or because you signed your "standard" divorce papers
or because "there's no good reason to have that many guns"
or because...

[b]Incremental gun confiscation is already underway.

House-by-house, slowly but surely, one gun-owner at at time.[/b]

[:D]
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 9:14:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I totally agree.They are "professionally" ignorant,crazy like a fox and play it up to the sheeple.

Thats one of the things that totally pisses me off about the way they operate.

They're latest effort is always the "bare minimum" in controlling gun crimes.

Like that asshole Michael Moore was saying everything would just be honky dory if the NRA weren't so fanatically insane about allowing just the bare minimum in gun control/safty measures,like ballistic fingerprinting.[rolleyes]

As if there aren't already hundreds of laws on the books,we always need "just one more".Never mind thast the last batch of laws did nothing to change things and were ineffective(or just outright uninforced),if we could just get this one last thing"the bare minimum"passed everything would be peachy.

They're so fucking dishonest.They will never say that the end of civilian firearms ownership is the goal,but its exactly where they're taking us bit by bit.

First its machineguns.

Then mail order.

The importation of "bad" guns.

A three day "cooling off" period.

An instant check.

No asault weapons.

No sataurday night specials.

One gun a month

A license for each gun.

And on and on and on.Always the next step is whats needed and the "bare minimum" of firearms controls until we're all naked and unprotected.

I hate liars and decievers like these.

You're totally right,we need to stop treating these people like they just need to be educated or don't understand and start knocking them over with the truth and facts.Agressively discrediting them.

Link Posted: 10/27/2002 9:22:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Tactically/Politically, they are disturbingly intelligent and effective.

Strategically, they don't have a clue, have never seen one, and will argue vigorously that clues don't exist at all.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 9:29:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 9:34:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:BTW...
[b]EVERYONE'S guns have already been banned, they're just taking their time rounding them up.[/b]
View Quote

I'm betting they take (hopefully) mucho timeo rounding up any weapons they "suspect" I might have.Because short of a suprise attack by a tank or fighter plane they aren't going to get mine the way they plan too.
(yeah, I know, big talk from the armchair commando,but any time any kind of resistance is undertaking, it is important to psyche yourself up.)[:D]
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 9:49:15 PM EDT
[#6]
These people know gun control doesn't solve crime.  Believe me, they know.  Just like they know a morally bankrupt society provides a breeding ground for criminal behavior, and the joke has been on America since the 1960's.  Continuing to convincing you otherwise is their diversion.  

Take a look at England:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/gun/0,2759,178412,00.html

And how it is being hidden:

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2001/3/21/205139.shtml

No need to reinvent the wheel here.  Arms grabs precede the deaths of nations. We've got 2000 years of history that prove it again and again. Soon thereafter a nation either collapses from internal or external threats.

Link Posted: 10/27/2002 10:26:15 PM EDT
[#7]
[url]http://www.guardian.co.uk/gun/0,2759,178412,00.html[/url]

[url]http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2001/3/21/205139.shtml[/url]

Good links.  I havent read them before.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 10:26:16 PM EDT
[#8]
There biggest problem is the same as ours - Everyone is preaching to there own choir.

If they had had some serious pro-gun consultant explain the facts to them then several of the "bans" would have had much stronger explicit language that would have eliminated many "mythical loopholes." We are lucky;

{a}That no one provided the correct info. and
{b}That if they had they were more prone to believe there own rhetoric, than the advice of a pro-gun expert.

They are getting more focused and collected. They are also being rather silent since they can tell that the Post 9-11 sentiments are not very receptive to there message. But they have not stopped, and they are working hard to stack the deck in this upcoming election.

[b]We Should be pressing our point harder up to Election day![/b]
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 10:35:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 3:33:17 AM EDT
[#10]
As if there aren't already hundreds of laws on the books...
View Quote

"Hundreds"? The last figure I saw in print put the number at well over 20,000!

Don't forget that every state has its own set of gun laws, many of which directly contradict its neighbors'. The ONLY legal way to carry a weapon in one state can easily get you felony charges in an adjoining one.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 5:38:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
As if there aren't already hundreds of laws on the books...
View Quote

"Hundreds"? The last figure I saw in print put the number at well over 20,000!

Don't forget that every state has its own set of gun laws, many of which directly contradict its neighbors'. The ONLY legal way to carry a weapon in one state can easily get you felony charges in an adjoining one.
View Quote

I would settle for being a felon by just crossing state lines.  Right now, I am stuck in this horrid city named Cincinnati in the Republik of Ohio where, if I carry my target .22 in a specific manner in my car, I can be charged with 10 different felonies just by driving from here to Columbus.  Of course, I would never do such a thing.  
It must end!  No more compromise!
BTW just wanted to greet everyone as I have officially ended my tenure as a "lurker"
B.E.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 6:12:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Every time they push a new anti-gun law, it is always applauded as a "first step", and "we have to start somewhere".  

That should tell you, it is not the end, they will never be satisfied until we are all completely disarmed.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 6:29:21 AM EDT
[#13]
They don't care! Whistling in the dark, covering their ears chanting "nya nya nanana, I ca-han't hear you." when you try to explain simple facts to them.
Or worse, they appear to listen and understand, and then they turn around and declare you a nut and a lunatic extremist.
All they want is getting rids of all the guns, any kind what-so-fucking-ever in private hands, period.
And the soccer moms of both genders can feel oh so progressive and civilizend and cultured about cheering for the gun grabbers.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 6:39:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Gun control groups are not clueless they are reckless.

Shok
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 7:13:40 AM EDT
[#15]
I think that Gun Control Supporters are closet Facists.

Here is why:
(1.) they KNOW that Gun Control Laws do nothing to prevent crime. That the REAL aim of such laws is to control the population.
Publically they all scream for more gun control laws as a means of preventing crime, but if you get to talk to an Anti in private and get them to "trust" you they will all acknowledge that gun control has nothing to do with crime control.
It is easy to get them to trust you..just approach a group of antis at a party or social gathering who don't know you and pretend that you are one of them. Eventually they will loosen up and tell you what they really think.

Try it some time.

(2.) If you go onto Violence Policy Center's website (http://www.vpc.org)and read their articles..(for example the article on the "sniper culture"). You will see how they are constantly complaining about the wealth of literature on sniping. In almost the same sentance you will read that they are not advocating censorship..but they keep repeating this mantra over and over again.

From a psychological perspective, this means that they really want to have restrictions on the first amendment, but are afraid to publically admit the fact.

To prove this assertion...see step (1.) go to a party and get chummy with some "anti's". After a few beers or glasses of wine, they will tell you everything.

I've even had Anti's tell me to my face that they think certain classes of people (black and hispanic and working class white people) (non-felons) should be prevented from voting.
Mind you this came from a white liberal woman who was very concerned about the suffering of minorities and poor people.

She flat out told me that these people (blacks, hispanics and "trailer park trash") were too stupid to vote intelligently and needed someone who knew what was good for them to take care of them.

This woman and her anti friends were in agreement.

I know..I've done it. The BEST way to find out what your enemy has planned for you..is to infiltrate their group and get information.

Link Posted: 10/28/2002 7:26:44 AM EDT
[#16]
One of the last steps we will see is the US Armed Forces being given to the United Nations. The gun seizure will begin shortly afterwards. Then, we need to add a hammer and sickle in the middle of the stripes.
Like the John Birch Society, I still feel we need the UN out of the US and the US out of the UN.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top