Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 7:56:23 PM EDT
Need a weathervane ornament.

I'd like a silouette of a boy urinating so my weathervane would be of someone pissing into the wind.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:25:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Once more for the benefit of the studio audience.............
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:27:29 PM EDT
[#2]
piccolo, do you have a diagram, scale, etc.?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:28:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Hi

Gary Russell

www.indelibleimages.net

I am on a job till April 27th, but something like that with NSEW on rods, and the boys profile 18 inches tall, made fro 1/8 in steel  on a bearing, and painted black would be $180
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:28:49 PM EDT
[#4]
how much do you want to pay?    what material and final weight do you want it?   is it just the sil. of the boy, or do you need the whole rotating and mounting apparatus?

details.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:09:34 AM EDT
[#5]
A true genius would design a water catch cup and drip tube so that in the rain there would be actual pee pee coming out the boy's pronger and spraying back on his legs

rj
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:10:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
A true genius would design a water catch cup and drip tube so that in the rain there would be actual pee pee coming out the boy's pronger and spraying back on his legs

Not that hard to do.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:10:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

rj

But who is actually going to stand out in the rain to watch it work?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:16:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
But who is actually going to stand out in the rain to watch it work?

Most beer drinkers

rj
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:22:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:23:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Just do it yourself . Buy some copper or alum stock and some tin snips.  Make some patterns out of  posterboard until you get a shape you are happy with and then transfer it to the metal and cut it out.  Cut out 2 exact duplicates and screw them together  one on each side of your center spindle to make the weathervane stiffer.

Here is a deviled egg serving plate I did out of what was originally a flat alum baking pan. I used a spoon and my fingers and thumb to form the metal.  Trial and error is how you learn new skills.

rj

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:13:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I bet I could do it. I run a CNC plasma cutter at work. Here's some stuff I've done. I've got more pictures, but they're on my computer at work.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top