Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2009 8:47:09 AM EDT
Is there any way for me to cancel someone's bid?

If I click the 'Block this Bidder...' button, is that going to cancel their current bid?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:01:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Please re-read the GunBroker terms that you agreed to, excerpts below:

"The winning bidder is the highest bidder on the item, or in the event of a tie, the bidder who placed the highest bid chronologically earliest...Listing an item constitutes entering a binding legal agreement to sell the item to the highest bidder as determined by the rules of the auction....Once an item is listed and has received a winning bid, the item may not be withdrawn from sale. Please consider carefully whether you want to place an item for auction....Bid manipulation of any kind is expressly forbidden."
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:09:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Sellers can block specific users from bidding on their auctions. If a
   bidder appears on your Blocked Bidder List that bidder will not be able to place any new
   bids on your listings. Existing bids (including proxy bids) are not affected by this list.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/BlockedBiddersForm.asp

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:46:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Sellers can block specific users from bidding on their auctions. If a    bidder appears on your Blocked Bidder List that bidder will not be able to place any new    bids on your listings. Existing bids (including proxy bids) are not affected by this list.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/BlockedBiddersForm.asp  

Ok, that's what I was afraid of.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 1:02:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I did find this on their website;

If you have bid on something and you wish to be let out of your bid, you must work this out with the seller of the item. Contact the seller using 'Ask Seller a Question' located on the item listing page. If the seller is willing to release you from your bid, the seller must contact us and request that we remove the bid from the database. We cannot force the seller to release you from your bid if he refuses.

I've got a guy who has bid on a gun and wants to cancel his bid, and I'l like nothing more than for that to happen.  Unfortunately, the auction ends in a few hours and I don't see any way to delete his bid.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 1:05:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Well since you are on the same page with the bidder, couldnt you just let him win the auction and then do what you want with the item as long as he doesnt pay? Can leave positive feedback on each other if no harm was meant.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 1:06:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well since you are on the same page with the bidder, couldnt you just let him win the auction and then do what you want with the item as long as he doesnt pay? Can leave positive feedback on each other if no harm was meant.

Gotta pay GB a fee if the auction ends with a winner.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 1:07:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotta pay GB a fee if the auction ends with a winner.

Yeah, I would be charged ~$30 in fees
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top