Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2006 8:54:55 PM EDT
I'm a 21 year old and my hair is thinning like the hair on a sick street dog from mexico.  I've heard that the faster you start some kind of treatment the better.  I'm curious if anyone's tried some type of hair loss treatment and how it worked out for you.  Hey, what better place to ask about a hair loss problem than an internet forum that consists mostly of men?

ETA:  I've done a little bit of research on a few websites, but I'd like to hear some personal experiences or stories and not just the graphs and clynical studies.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:56:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a good job or a penis enlargement and the women won't care about your head.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:57:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Your comments are a true reflection of someone with a name "Mr. Clean".
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:58:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Your comments are a true reflection of your name.

I tell da truth man!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:59:37 PM EDT
[#4]
ummmm, if I could figure out how hair keeps growing on my palms and NOT on my head , Id be a millionaire
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:00:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I wouldn't ming so much if I didn't have such a massive melon.  I have an uncle with a head like mine and he's bald... it's not pretty no matter what type of job he has!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:00:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I heard that Propecia made a pregnant woman explode.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:02:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm a 21 year old and my hair is thinning like the hair on a sick street dog from mexico.  I've heard that the faster you start some kind of treatment the better.  I'm curious if anyone's tried some type of hair loss treatment and how it worked out for you.  Hey, what better place to ask about a hair loss problem than an internet forum that consists mostly of men?

ETA:  I've done a little bit of research on a few websites, but I'd like to hear some personal experiences or stories and not just the graphs and clynical studies.

It will stop it but it wont help to much on growing it back except for the crown
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:07:48 PM EDT
[#8]
ballisticbill, which were you referring to?  I'm not totally bald right now, just thinning considerably.  I would like to have thick hair of course, but I could settle for just maintaining what I have.

Red_Beard, good thing I'm not a pregnant woman, huh.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:16:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
ballisticbill, which were you referring to?  I'm not totally bald right now, just thinning considerably.  I would like to have thick hair of course, but I could settle for just maintaining what I have.

Red_Beard, good thing I'm not a pregnant woman, huh.

Propecia will stop it cold, the problem is that insurance doesn't cover it but I have a solution. go to your doctor and tell him your having a hard time taking a piss, he will prescribe Proscar also known as Propecia just bigger. cut each pill into 4 pieces and a month supply should last you 4 month.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:53:39 AM EDT
[#10]
ballisticbill, that is smart man.  So Proscar and propecia are the exact same thing?  What exactly should my "symptoms" be to get some of the proscar?  I currently don't have health insurrance so for now I'll just buy the propecia, but for future refference free proscar sounds good.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:59:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Ahhhh! The sun light! Its reflecting off..

Oh, nm.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:11:40 AM EDT
[#12]
I agree with the big goober plan.  Double up on Enzyte and the chicks will never see your face. Of course having to buy 3 legged pants is a pain in the ass.  But, on the other hand, you can cross your legs with both feet on the floor and that's real impressive!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:28:21 AM EDT
[#13]
ARClint, I've told many people about this but no one believes me.

My hair started to thin many years ago so I tried this (admitedly unusual) shampoo:
mapi.com/en/1-800-255-8332/haircare.html

After using it for several years, I have no baldness whatsoever.

Good luck!

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:37:28 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

My hair started to thin many years ago so I tried this (admitedly unusual) shampoo:

Good luck!

You got any before and after pics?

Which one do you use?

Oh yeah, are you conected with that website in any way?

Not flaming ya.....but there is a reason no one believes you on this. If this were true it worked for everybody, it would be a huge breakthrough.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:54:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good luck!

You got any before and after pics?

Which one do you use?

Oh yeah, are you conected with that website in any way?

Not flaming ya.....but there is a reason no one believes you on this. If this were true it worked for everybody, it would be a huge breakthrough.

I use the Grey, Fine and Thinning Shampoo. I don't use the conditioner nor do I take the Herbs.

And no I'm not connected with this site or company.

Sorry, I don't have any before pics.

BTW, it may not work for everybody. I guess it's possible that it only works for just a few.

I do know that commercial shampoo  = very bad for you hair.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:45:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I've heard that some types of shampoo can stop balding from irritation, but I would really like to hear if anyones had experience with some type of proven treatment.  Any input would be helpful.  Thanks
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:46:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Pushing 42 with a full head of very blond hair, sorry.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:49:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey thanks CAPNROB, appreciate that.  I wish I could do this.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:51:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Sorry, I was blessed with good genes, I guess (not complaining, mind you)
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:54:36 PM EDT
[#20]
I used Rogaine when I was in my early 20s. It slowed the hair loss considerably, but it didn't stop it. I gave it up a few years ago. Now I just shave it. I'm big enough that it looks ok, not like a cancer victim. I was scared by the sexual side effects I heard about with propecia.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:57:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Isn't Propecia the pill that will make your children have flippers??
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:58:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Both work, but you hav to keep taking them or else lose the hair you grow back.  I think it's worth it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:13:34 PM EDT
[#23]
I used Propecia when I was in my mid 20's.  It did work, but I suffered from the sexual side effects(erectile disfunctions) it was not worth it!  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:07:14 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I reveal my secret hair formula and get nothing.

CAPNROB offers no advice at all and gets an "atta boy".

I'm now convinced that giving free advice is the single biggest waste of time imaginable.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:16:06 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I reveal my secret hair formula and get nothing.

CAPNROB offers no advice at all and gets an "atta boy".

I'm now convinced that giving free advice is the single biggest waste of time imaginable.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:25:38 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Get a good job or a penis enlargement and the women won't care about your head.

LOL
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:27:01 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
ummmm, if I could figure out how hair keeps growing on my palms and NOT on my head , Id be a millionaire

Start stroking your wanger with your head instead of your hands.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:30:27 AM EDT
[#28]
The executive chef we hired takes Propecia. He has a small baldspot on top, but it's nothing compared to the before/after pics he shows from it
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:43:20 AM EDT
[#29]
I use both.  The key is to use them as soon as you notice any hair loss, and to be absolutely religious about using them every day, as directed (2x for Rogaine and 1x for Propecia).

I've had great results, my hair is fuller and thicker than most of my non-balding friends.  Cost is a dowside, about $50/mo for Propecia and $25 for Rogaine.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:31:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Have any of you guys that have taken either Propecia or Rogaine experienced any side effects and if so could you explain what they were and for how long they lasted.  Thanks again.  I'm getting a lot of good info here.  I love ARFCOM general discussion!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top