Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2012 2:01:00 PM EDT
The jacket won't button on my current suit anymore ( ), combined with new responsibilities at work, I need two suits tailored and ready to wear by 1 March.
Are there any decent deals for fatties (I'm probably a 56R, 48" waist) this weekend? I'd like to keep it below $750 for two suits with extra matching pants for each.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 2:02:28 PM EDT
[#1]
There's a HUGE thread on Somethingawful.com about suits. You might want to check it out before you drop any money. Though I noticed he's not going to recommend much in that price range.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 2:08:55 PM EDT
[#2]
See if Mens Wearhouse is doing BOGO
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 2:10:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Last suit I had, my sister bought for me as a wedding gift.
For $99.
At Sears.
In the '80s.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 2:10:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

See if Mens Wearhouse is doing BOGO

fuck Mens Wearhouse & FBO

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 2:11:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I got 3 from joseph bank a few weeks ago for about 900.  Just got them in the mail earlier this week after being tailored.  Id see what deals they are having.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 2:14:12 PM EDT
[#6]
What do Department Stores or Men's Clothing stores do you live near?  Outlets?
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 2:19:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Macy's, Men's Wearhouse, Jos A Bank, JC Penny, Kohls, and Sears have stores within 20 minutes of my house.
Jones New York and Jos A Banks outlets about 45 minutes away

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 2:31:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Macy's, Men's Wearhouse, Jos A Bank, JC Penny, Kohls, and Sears have stores within 20 minutes of my house.
Jones New York and Jos A Banks outlets about 45 minutes away

Kharn

Macy's usually has a pretty good sales and sales staff - second only to Nordstrom as Department stores go, IM-not so-HO.  Start there, go to Jos A Bank afterward (unless you know you like their stuff).  You might even follow the old Ma Bell advice and "phone first" to find out about their sales.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I got an email from Jos A Bank about a sale.  They have sales all the time.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 2:54:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
IIRC some AG did an investigation and found that only 5% of people paid the "regular" prices at Jos A Bank and thus the "sale" prices were the regular prices for purposes of some law.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 3:05:27 AM EDT
[#11]
If you are anywhere close to rack size, a good tailor can make all the difference in the world for not much cash.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 4:45:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
IIRC some AG did an investigation and found that only 5% of people paid the "regular" prices at Jos A Bank and thus the "sale" prices were the regular prices for purposes of some law.

Kharn

They do run some real sales though. Just gotta keep an eye out.

From what I've read, JAB slacks are good for 2 wears a week for 6 months. Not sure how their suits hold up.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 4:51:54 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a tailor/seamstress that I found when my wife went for her wedding dress alterations, a little polish lady.  That woman could take someone's old ripped curtains and turn them into a suit to make me look like a million bucks, and she'll do it in three days.

I got a deal at JOOOOOOOseph A. Bank, (check 'em for sales, eff their MSRP), and their in-house tailor did a *fair* job.  Wife made me take it up to Olga, and the difference is incredible.  

I'm no expert in fine business attire, not even close, but I would suggest you try to find an Olga.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top