Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2001 4:00:16 PM EDT
My neighbor's a Brooklyn firefighter and my friend's dad is a cop in times square. A friend of my uncle's works in one of the towers, but luckily she came in late. I also know someone else who works in the WTC, but luckily he was out to brunch with a client. I'm sure that everyone will know someone who was killed or injured. It's totally un-F*cking believable that something of that magnitude occured a mere 1.5 hrs from my home. I'm totally in shock. My uncle lives in Brooklyn and says that he just can't believe that he can't see the towers anymore. I wonder how many people I know were killed.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:08:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I personally have three good friends that work as LEOs for NYPD in southern NYC.  I haven't heard from them yet and fear for them.

I believe that GUS, who posts on this board, has a cousin that worked in the WTC...

Prayers for everyone.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:10:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I just heard on the radio that scores of police and whole fire companies are missing and presumed dead at the WTC. Maybe from the second attack or the collapse of the towers?
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:23:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Unfortunately, I may know several people who were involved in the blast. [:(]

It's hard to tell right now, communication in and out of Manhattan is in bad shape.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:31:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Ed Basile's (Gun Smoke Ent.) daughter was in the area, and inaccessible by cell phone for an uncomfortably long time. Fortunately, she is fine.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:37:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Lets not forget WaveRunner, he is one of our own and a NYC LEO.  Keep him in your thoughts.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:39:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Lets not forget WaveRunner, he is one of our own and a NYC LEO.  Keep him in your thoughts.
View Quote

I saw in a previous thread that someone had talked to Waverunner today.  He is okay but I am sure he would be glad to have our moral support.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 9:31:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, I know a victim who was on the plane which hit the Pentagon.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:01:24 PM EDT
[#8]
My father was in the pentagon at his office on the 3rd floor, D ring.  My mother called him right after the WTC crashes to tell him.  He said 20 minutes went by before the plane hit the  Pentagon.  It took 6 minutes for people to come  and announce the evacuation and another 2 minutes before the sirens went off.  He stated that they have had errant aircraft fly over the building before, but he thought the explosion was a sonic boom at first.  Once out side, people started going down into the Metro to get out but had to go back to the parking lots.  He then started asking people if the second plane had come yet and for people to get out of there since there was no second plane yet.  He got his ass out of there ASAP on foot.  He is safe now, but shaken.  He said that they will be going back to work there tomorrow, but he'll go to his civilian office in Crystal City instead. He's a retired Army Col.  Too close to home for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top