Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2005 1:51:18 PM EDT
With the growing threat to America from other countries and with alot of our fine young troops deployed, I was wondering how may if any are active militia-men or women?

By militia I don't mean extemist, I mean law-abiding, constitution-style militia.

I have been wanting to get one started in my great state of TN. Unfortunatly I have no military backround, and there are to many extermist that have ruined the good name of militia-men.
Any suggestions?

I love my country, state, and family and I want to make sure that all three remain free and unterrorized.

Cory
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:52:40 PM EDT
[#1]
My wife calls me a "minute man" but I think it is something else.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:53:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:53:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:54:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

hock.gifHMMM? Not quite what I meant.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:55:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

better than 2 pump chump.

As far as the milita part goes.  I'd bet a good part of the members here are.  But due to Bat F(uckers) lurking they won't admit to it or talk about it.  shhhhhhhhh
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:55:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:05:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Fineswine said the NG is the State militias. Then why are States fighting the Feds to keep the NG in their States? Thus, debunking fineswines theory of the NG being a State militia. A militia is any able bodied man of the State in which they live, meaning we are all Militia.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:13:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:14:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Fineswine said the NG is the State militias. Then why are States fighting the Feds to keep the NG in their States? Thus, debunking fineswines theory of the NG being a State militia. A militia is any able bodied man of the State in which they live, meaning we are all Militia.

True we are all militia however not all of us are trained as so.
True the NG was supposed to be the states militia however in WWII (I think) they were called upon and made part of the national defense instead of state defense.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:15:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted: A militia is any able bodied man of the State in which they live, meaning we are all Militia.

there are  2 militia's.........organized (state guard) and unorganized (all able bodied men in the State)

There are states without state guards, correct?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:15:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
You already have a state organized militia..........the tennessee state guard.........this is the back up to the national guard....

The Mission of the Tennessee State Guard
The purpose of the Tennessee State Guard is to provide a professional complement of personnel to support the State mission of the Federal homeland security requirements, by assisting the Tennessee Army National Guard as a force multiplier, and to assist civil authorities with disaster relief, humanitarian causes, ceremonial service, religious and medical support for the promotion of the well-being and safety of the citizenry of Tennessee

Enlistment in the Tennessee State Guard
Enlistment in the Tennessee State Guard is open to all Tennessee citizens between the ages of 16 and 67, who do not have a criminal record, and who are not currently enlisted in the active or reserve components of the armed forces of the United States. Preference is given to those who have prior military service.
Contact: LTC G. D. Cameron, Director of Recruiting and Retention
[email protected]

http://home.att.net/~dcannon.tenn/TNSG.html

Thank a bunch. Do you happen to be a member?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:16:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted: A militia is any able bodied man of the State in which they live, meaning we are all Militia.

there are  2 militia's.........organized (state guard) and unorganized (all able bodied men in the State)

There are states without state guards, correct?

Yes, most states do not have a state controlled militia.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:23:27 PM EDT
[#13]
"The militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves, ... all men capable of bearing arms;..."
— "Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic", 1788 (either Richard Henry Lee or Melancton Smith).

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
— Tench Coxe, 1788.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:23:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:24:52 PM EDT
[#15]
The first rule about fight club is that you don't talk about fight club.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:25:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:26:57 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
The first rule about fight club is that you don't talk about fight club. hr

Unfortunately that is our problem, If we keep it quiet then it will never be recognized.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top