Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 6:37:46 PM EDT
Update: I think I did very well having never shot a match like that before...355 out of a possible 500 with one x.

Thanks again

I feel like a kid getting ready for a date...I have shot some pistol - glock matches and plenty of sporting clays tourny.

any thing that I need to know or think about?

Thanks,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:46:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Man, I've been in your shoes. Just relax and have fun. Don't worry about screwing up. And get
ready for all kinds of help. When people realize you are a newby, they usually try and go out of
their way to assist you. Get organized before you go because it can move rather fast. Especially if
you have to move off the line if alot of people are shooting. I tell you, it's addicting.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:47:04 PM EDT
[#2]
go to the competitive/accurizing forum and read the post I made that is tacked. Then read everything else.

You seem to have done the most important thing that has to be done. You've STFU and gotten up of your ass.

Let's face it, you are NOT going to do well the first couple times out. It's called a LEARNING period.

Also, do NOT be intimidated by the expensive equipment you will see. Remember that most of these guys have been doing this for YEARS. One old guy in our club has been shooting matces since BEFORE ww2!

You ain't gonna get no nookie or come home wih any cash because I already have the product endorsement contracts and the groupie scene sewn up.

Get over it, go, shoot and HAVE FUN!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:48:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Eat chili the night before. Lots of chili.

(Anything to get your competitors to lose concentration, dude...AND IT'S PERFECTLY LEGAL TO BOOT!)
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:50:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
go to the competitive/accurizing forum and read the post I made that is tacked. Then read everything else.

You seem to have done the most important thing that has to be done. You've STFU and gotten up of your ass.

Let's face it, you are NOT going to do well the first couple times out. It's called a LEARNING period.

Also, do NOT be intimidated by the expensive equipment you will see. Remember that most of these guys have been doing this for YEARS. One old guy in our club has been shooting matces since BEFORE ww2!

You ain't gonna get no nookie or come home wih any cash because I already have the product endorsement contracts and the groupie scene sewn up.

Get over it, go, shoot and HAVE FUN!

What do mean, I won't be able to shoot like G. David Tubb the first time out.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:57:12 PM EDT
[#5]
BRF:

Only a couple of things to remember.......

Be safe and have fun.

WELCOME TO THE GAME!

SRM
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:11:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks piccolo for telling me where to look...

I am looking forward to giving it a whirl tomorrow. on to bed.

Later,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:15:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks piccolo for telling me where to look...

I am looking forward to giving it a whirl tomorrow. on to bed.

Later,

Badredfish

Don'tchoobee eyin' my groupies, Boy! I'll Japslap you upside the haid!

shoot straight.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:08:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Bump for update.

Later,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:10:17 PM EDT
[#9]
You guys only shot 50 rds? We always shot 80.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:18:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes, the course was only 50 rounds.

Thanks,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:37:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yes, the course was only 50 rounds.

Thanks,

Badredfish

50 rounds, i think is for reduced  200 yard matches i think.

but im prob wrong on this
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:35:23 PM EDT
[#12]
give the man a cigar, It was a 200 yard match...we did shoot three different targets.

Thanks,

Badredfish
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top