Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2001 9:56:24 PM EDT
Hey Gang I just joined up to this Forum.
I`am wondering if there are any good Shooting
Clubs I could join on Long Island. I`am tired
of going to the Calverton Range and putting up
with the Hassle I get there every time I go.

Link Posted: 3/12/2001 2:25:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Just wondering... Are you THE Col Faulkner?

Sincerly,
                          Shaun Finn
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 2:35:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Well... there's always Chuck Schumer's old gun club on Long Island (Bayport? or some such)- the one he forced to take down all the pics of him holding guns, when became a politician.... :^)

-----------------------

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy' until you can find a rock.
- --WILL ROGERS
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 6:30:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm curious as to what "Hassle" you put up with at Calverton....  But in any case, you may want to check out Brookhaven and see if it is more to your taste.

I used to shoot there quite often, but got tired of putting up with the "Hassle" there and decided that Calverton is a much better place afterall...

"NW"  NRA/LMGOA
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 8:13:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm with the NomadWarrior, I would be interested to know what kind of hassles you received from Calverton.  I shoot there and they have been very accomodating and quite pleasant in my experience.

You can also try the Huntington Town Range if your travels/locale takes you further west.  But there they have a policy of 5 rounds max in your mags (real bummer) and they charge a few $ more than Calverton.
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 8:23:53 PM EDT
[#5]
hey Nomad & Steve, you talk so good about the place I guess it's changed for the better. it's been almost a year & a half since I shot there,so I guess old man George is really doing a fine job in trying to cleanup the place. He's going to have a hard times getting shooters to come back to him after the shit they put up when that old hag was the r.o.
Link Posted: 3/13/2001 3:33:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Hi NYShooter, I'm still trying to figure out what Nellie did to turn off the other shooters.  Then again, I didn't have too much interaction with her, and I mostly tuned her out when she started shreeching. :D

George and whoever is in the tower is still yelling at people -- those that violate the 1 shot per 5 sec rule and especially those knuckleheads that handle weapons when everyone is downrange during the ceasefire.

Other than that, I find it no different than any other range, except I find it more relaxing and comfortable to shoot without some a-hole giving me dirty looks because I'm shooting an "AW".

"NW"  NRA/LMGOA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top