Link Posted: 7/2/2023 8:03:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 9:31:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 9:54:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 3:30:49 PM EDT
[#4]
https://www.daytonamercedes.com/used-Daytona+Beach-2020-Dodge-Challenger-RT+Scat+Pack+Widebody-2C3CDZFJ8LH124608

What do we think about this deal?
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:07:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Chromekilla:
https://www.daytonamercedes.com/used-Daytona+Beach-2020-Dodge-Challenger-RT+Scat+Pack+Widebody-2C3CDZFJ8LH124608

What do we think about this deal?
View Quote

https://www.dodge.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2C3CDZFJ8LH124608

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

It "was" more than MSRP, it is now a hair under MSRP, but it is 3 years old with no warranty left.

To build and price a new one with an almost identical configuration will cost over $63K, but if you just wanted a tor-red widebody automatic you could order one for $55.5K;

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

So it depends what options you want and what you're comfortable with.
For me, I don't need a lot of options, so I would go for a new one without all the frills.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 8:33:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By shocktrp:

https://www.dodge.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2C3CDZFJ8LH124608

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48896/009_jpg-2872480.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48896/008_jpg-2872481.JPG

It "was" more than MSRP, it is now a hair under MSRP, but it is 3 years old with no warranty left.

To build and price a new one with an almost identical configuration will cost over $63K, but if you just wanted a tor-red widebody automatic you could order one for $55.5K;

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48896/007_jpg-2872486.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48896/006_jpg-2872487.JPG

So it depends what options you want and what you're comfortable with.
For me, I don't need a lot of options, so I would go for a new one without all the frills.
View Quote
hmmm I didnt realize I could get a new one for that price...
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 11:51:11 PM EDT
[#7]
hmmm I didnt realize I could get a new one for that price...
View Quote

They have gone up in price since 2020.

That 2020 had a $4,850 power dollars rebate.
2021 had a couple of slight MSRP increases & the rebate was reduced to $3K.
2022 & 2023 had large price increases and the rebates were/are between $0 & $1K.

These cars aren't really moving now,
Dealer near me has had a dozen regular bodies on the lot for months now; and now they have a pair of widebodies with MSRP of $61K.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:24:59 AM EDT
[#8]

They have gone up in price since 2020.

That 2020 had a $4,850 power dollars rebate.
2021 had a couple of slight MSRP increases & the rebate was reduced to $3K.
2022 & 2023 had large price increases and the rebates were/are between $0 & $1K.

These cars aren't really moving now,
Dealer near me has had a dozen regular bodies on the lot for months now; and now they have a pair of widebodies with MSRP of $61K.
View Quote

dealer near me has a bunch on the lot too, though they're doing market adjustments of $10k.

They do have a sublime widebody Shaker that look fucking niiiiiice.  Love the shaker, it's the one option i dont have that i want.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 1:54:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I saw my first challenger in 2008/2009 when some hotshot in my squadron got a 6 cylinder in england, RAF Mildenhall.  I thought they were pretty cool, but years later I decided they were trailerpark cars.  I became obsessed with actual classics, primarily military vehicles.  

Fast forward to 2023, I have 4 iconic military vehicles and i'm dog tired of keeping them running.  Built a big shop, bought tons of equipment, tons of tools.  I have stuff ranging from a original and in need of restoration 80 year old motorcycle, to a 20 year old 2.5 ton local NG truck.  So as one company is beating me up and I'm co-starting an additional one, and raising two kids with my wife, I decided to sell the two largest maintenance hogs  (and win back alot of time and peace) and turn them into something "new" that I can keep up with traffic and then some.  Just a comfy seat, loud tunes and no worries.  Enter, 2021 trailerpark car, er, challenger.

I was looking for scat packs for the power/price in the 40K range when mileage was only 4 digits.  Kept finding cars with fabric seats and base stereos.  Talked the dealer down on a 2022 scat regular body with 4000 miles, but the night between shaking on the deal and going in to pay I decided to upgrayyed to another car they had on the lot.  10,000 miles and one year older, but fancy red/black heated/cooled seats, widebody, and unbeknownst to me, a 392 SRT rather than a regular scat pack.  I sorta noticed the srt emblem in lieu of the R/T and scat emblem, but it still has the superbee emblem on the seats, etc.  

Dodge is very confusing with them packages and emblems.  To add to the confusion the previous owner put some devil horn bee emblems on the front fenders.  Took me a week to realize those weren't factory;  I wouldn't have put them there, but its kinda neat to be a little different than other people.  I'll keep them.  

The front grille was missing the SRT emblem, so I bought one and just slapped it on.  I can't find any 2021 SRT pics (theyre all scats or hellcats) to see if I'm supposed to have the "Challenger" badge on the passenger side grille, or if thats on lower trim packages.  Mine has it, but no idea if its factory.  rear spoiler has a red "SRT" on it, I think thats factory?  

As far as modifications, I put weathertech mats in and added the SRT in the front grille.  I figured out how to transpose my ancient Iraq/afghanistan Ipod classic onto a USB drive, which the car recognizes(better than I can say for my wife's 2023 sienna).  Day 1 I removed that stupid half-a-windshield tint business.  I was always trying to look above the line or below it.  Thats all I have planned as the car is just alot of fun to get in and drive.  485 HP is plenty for me.  Sure beats the humvee and 190HP.  

Working on getting child seats in and in a manner that everyone is comfortable.  Because 75% of the time if I'm not driving my boxvan, I'm picking up kids.  I just didn't like chargers no matter how much more suited they were to that task.  I've discovered that my 3.5 year old can fit behind me but his feet have to straddle my seat for me to drive comfortably (I'm 6'2").  The 19MO old is still rear facing but she may end up forward facing.  We will see how far forward the passenger seat has to go.  Child #3 may be a possibility within the next 2 years so another win for the challenger over mustangs/camaros.  

Link Posted: 7/15/2023 1:57:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Starting to see some decent prices dropping on scats and hellcats
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 1:59:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Aguas:
I saw my first challenger in 2008/2009 when some hotshot in my squadron got a 6 cylinder in england, RAF Mildenhall.  I thought they were pretty cool, but years later I decided they were trailerpark cars.  I became obsessed with actual classics, primarily military vehicles.  

Fast forward to 2023, I have 4 iconic military vehicles and i'm dog tired of keeping them running.  Built a big shop, bought tons of equipment, tons of tools.  I have stuff ranging from a original and in need of restoration 80 year old motorcycle, to a 20 year old 2.5 ton local NG truck.  So as one company is beating me up and I'm co-starting an additional one, and raising two kids with my wife, I decided to sell the two largest maintenance hogs  (and win back alot of time and peace) and turn them into something "new" that I can keep up with traffic and then some.  Just a comfy seat, loud tunes and no worries.  Enter, 2021 trailerpark car, er, challenger.

I was looking for scat packs for the power/price in the 40K range when mileage was only 4 digits.  Kept finding cars with fabric seats and base stereos.  Talked the dealer down on a 2022 scat regular body with 4000 miles, but the night between shaking on the deal and going in to pay I decided to upgrayyed to another car they had on the lot.  10,000 miles and one year older, but fancy red/black heated/cooled seats, widebody, and unbeknownst to me, a 392 SRT rather than a regular scat pack.  I sorta noticed the srt emblem in lieu of the R/T and scat emblem, but it still has the superbee emblem on the seats, etc.  

Dodge is very confusing with them packages and emblems.  To add to the confusion the previous owner put some devil horn bee emblems on the front fenders.  Took me a week to realize those weren't factory;  I wouldn't have put them there, but its kinda neat to be a little different than other people.  I'll keep them.  

The front grille was missing the SRT emblem, so I bought one and just slapped it on.  I can't find any 2021 SRT pics (theyre all scats or hellcats) to see if I'm supposed to have the "Challenger" badge on the passenger side grille, or if thats on lower trim packages.  Mine has it, but no idea if its factory.  rear spoiler has a red "SRT" on it, I think thats factory?  

As far as modifications, I put weathertech mats in and added the SRT in the front grille.  I figured out how to transpose my ancient Iraq/afghanistan Ipod classic onto a USB drive, which the car recognizes(better than I can say for my wife's 2023 sienna).  Day 1 I removed that stupid half-a-windshield tint business.  I was always trying to look above the line or below it.  Thats all I have planned as the car is just alot of fun to get in and drive.  485 HP is plenty for me.  Sure beats the humvee and 190HP.  

Working on getting child seats in and in a manner that everyone is comfortable.  Because 75% of the time if I'm not driving my boxvan, I'm picking up kids.  I just didn't like chargers no matter how much more suited they were to that task.  I've discovered that my 3.5 year old can fit behind me but his feet have to straddle my seat for me to drive comfortably (I'm 6'2").  The 19MO old is still rear facing but she may end up forward facing.  We will see how far forward the passenger seat has to go.  Child #3 may be a possibility within the next 2 years so another win for the challenger over mustangs/camaros.  

https://i.imgur.com/ZkkVdp1.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/FculKSz.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Xoe1qtZ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/vL9MAtr.jpg
View Quote

Didn't know that was a thing... Damn that's my dream car what did you give for that?
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 2:15:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Aguas] [#12]

Didn't know that was a thing... Damn that's my dream car what did you give for that?
View Quote

Likely a little too much.  $56,000 out the door.  

I would have tried to beat them down more but having shaken on a different car (orange 2022 scat w no options) i wasnt in a position to negotiate much.  The cost difference was well worth the better seats and better audio (the 9
speaker alpine, not the HK setup unfortunately).

If i could have built one id have gone orange or maybe blue.  But in person the red really is impressive, and beggars cant be choosers so.  

Actually once i figured out what a TA was i think id have chosen a TA scat pack.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 2:31:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Likely a little too much.  $56,000 out the door.  

I would have tried to beat them down more but having shaken on a different car (orange 2022 scat w no options) i wasnt in a position to negotiate much.  The cost difference was well worth the better seats and better audio (the 9
speaker alpine, not the HK setup unfortunately).

If i could have built one id have gone orange or maybe blue.  But in person the red really is impressive, and beggars cant be choosers so.  

Actually once i figured out what a TA was i think id have chosen a TA scat pack.
View Quote

All these options are so confusing. What's the diff between a ta,392 and scat?
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 2:38:26 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Right?  I posted here hoping to gain some insight myself.  TA is all wheel drive, 392 SRT is just a higher trim version of the scat pack, best I can tell.  Unless the "Street Racing Technology" part adds some different performance features in addition to the scat.  Drivetrain is the same, HP, Torque etc.  To top it all off, someone threw a Demon head logo behind the SRT on my screen.  I thought that was reserved for the actual "Demon" edition of the challenger.  

There is also a more drag oriented version of the scat out there, the 1320 scat pack.  I ran across one in my search, but I care not for drag racing and the steering wheel was suede/tires were fucked for such a low mile car.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 6:29:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Right?  I posted here hoping to gain some insight myself.  TA is all wheel drive, 392 SRT is just a higher trim version of the scat pack, best I can tell.  Unless the "Street Racing Technology" part adds some different performance features in addition to the scat.  Drivetrain is the same, HP, Torque etc.  To top it all off, someone threw a Demon head logo behind the SRT on my screen.  I thought that was reserved for the actual "Demon" edition of the challenger.  

There is also a more drag oriented version of the scat out there, the 1320 scat pack.  I ran across one in my search, but I care not for drag racing and the steering wheel was suede/tires were fucked for such a low mile car.
View Quote

T/A isn't all wheel drive... it's RWD.

It adds a functional cold air intake a 1" lower suspension and an appearance package.

Hacking the startup screen is just a case of going into the software and telling it to display one of the different logos.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 7:26:59 PM EDT
[#16]

https://i.imgur.com/ZkkVdp1.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/FculKSz.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Xoe1qtZ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/vL9MAtr.jpg
View Quote

In 2021 the only cars with SRT badging were the hellcats.
The Scats only have "powered by SRT" on the engine covers - no SRT badging on the calipers, grill, airbag, vents, etc.

It's very dumb because it's an identical car to the earlier "SRT 392" cars with the exception of the leather seats that the SRT's had (and you can get an SRT Hellcat today with cloth seats).
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 7:28:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Starting to see some decent prices dropping on scats and hellcats
View Quote

Dealer near me hasn't sold a single car - they have every color lined up at the curb.
Look for prices to continue to come down thanks to Bidenomics.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

The badges and the "SRT" printed on the window sticker are the difference from the SP & the SRT392.

The T/A is basically an appearance package - 9.5" wheels, vinyl graphics, white face gauges, T/A badges, a "functional" CAI that gives you no power but raises your intake temperature, etc.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 8:46:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Aguas] [#19]
Originally Posted By madmacs69:

T/A isn't all wheel drive... it's RWD.

It adds a functional cold air intake a 1" lower suspension and an appearance package.

Hacking the startup screen is just a case of going into the software and telling it to display one of the different logos.
View Quote

Hmm.  I had read that TA was touring/all wheel drive.  Apparently whoever wrote that was incorrect.  And he probably heard it from someone else incorrect!

I take it all wheel drive is just an option that any random challenger may have been ordered with?

Ill have to take a pic of the screen.  If im remembering right its the devil head with SRT over it.  Be kinda lame to add a demon logo to what is basically a scat pack.  I dont want false badging.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 8:52:03 PM EDT
[#20]

Hmm.  I had read that TA was touring/all wheel drive.  Apparently whoever wrote that was incorrect.  And he probably heard it from someone else incorrect!

I take it all wheel drive is just an option that any random challenger may have been ordered with?

Ill have to take a pic of the screen.  If im remembering right its the devil head with SRT over it.  Be kinda lame to add a demon logo to what is basically a scat pack.  I dont want false badging.
View Quote

AWD is only available on the V6 now.
It used to be available with the 5.7 on the police Chargers, but they discontinued that years ago.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 9:02:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Aguas] [#21]

Hopefully this is just what SRTs use, but I don't know why the demon head would be there.  Thats a whoooooole 'nother level of car.

Wondering if this isn't just a scat pack with a few badges switched around.  Based on the pricing of similiar scats, it was up to 3K more for similar one owner cars.  Only it has the nice seats (with the bee logo on them...hmmm) the better of the alpine systems, and is a widebody.  I'm not out anything extra anyways.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 9:14:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Aguas] [#22]
Okay, so the usual "DODGE II" on the steering wheel, 392 and the superbee on the vents, SRT on the brake calipers.  "Powered by SRT" on the engine cover.  Did they sell a "392 SRT" in 2021 or did someone just take a scat pack and change a few badges?  I realize it doesn't change performance or anything meaningful either way, but I'm a military vehicle guy by heart.  I likes to know the history of my cars.  I would have bought this same car scat pack or not.  

I'm glad I didn't chance into a T/A based on the above info.  1" less clearance would have screwed me good on my gravel road.  I had to fill in washouts and build some stuff up just for this car.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 1:01:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Okay, so the usual "DODGE II" on the steering wheel, 392 and the superbee on the vents, SRT on the brake calipers.  "Powered by SRT" on the engine cover.  Did they sell a "392 SRT" in 2021 or did someone just take a scat pack and change a few badges?  I realize it doesn't change performance or anything meaningful either way, but I'm a military vehicle guy by heart.  I likes to know the history of my cars.  I would have bought this same car scat pack or not.  

I'm glad I didn't chance into a T/A based on the above info.  1" less clearance would have screwed me good on my gravel road.  I had to fill in washouts and build some stuff up just for this car.
View Quote

No, the SRT392 was discontinued around 2018.
The Scat Pack is the same thing without the SRT badges.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 2:06:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NotRyan] [#24]
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 9:47:06 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

You should be able to download the buildsheet for the car based on its VIN.

If someone here doesn't post a link, you'll likely find it on one of the dodge or chrysler forums.

Link Posted: 7/16/2023 9:55:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Ill definitely do the vin lookup.  Does every 2021 scat pack have “SRT MODE” in the dash where you select drive modes?  Thats the only other thing im curious about.

Child seats seem to fit okay, though these models wouldnt allow for a third abreast.  I blame the cup holders on my booster/child seat convertible for making things a bit tight back there.  I need to put down some matting to protect the seat covers and then prepare for dirty little shoes hitting the console/ac vents.  

Loading looks pretty easy from passenger side.  God bless the engineers for leaving a manual sliding seat for ingress/egress.  Maybe thats a safety thing.  

Finally got a minute to figure out the apps screen and select which icons stay at the bottom of the menu.  Someone didnt have media on there for some reason.  Had to go into menu to find the radio basically.  Turned off auto exit seats so i wouldnt squish anyones legs.  

Found out i could change the dash display background, there are 10 presets in there.  One of which was the demon background.  There are two hellcat versions on there as well, no idea why.  Theres nothing scat or srt specific, so i just picked a generic challenger pic.  I dont think anyone hacked the screen after all.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 10:17:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Ill definitely do the vin lookup.  Does every 2021 scat pack have “SRT MODE” in the dash where you select drive modes?  Thats the only other thing im curious about.

View Quote

SRT pages. All scats have that.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 11:00:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 11:44:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Butternut:
Right on. Our 2019 Charger Scat Pack came with the 275s and 6/4piston Brembos and adjustable suspension, but I understand that was specifically because it had the "Dynamics Package" as an option.
View Quote

Correct! That's the dynamics package. W/O that package, you'd have 245 tires and 4 pots all around.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 1:40:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Stitches1974:

SRT pages. All scats have that.
View Quote

1320's don't - it gets superseded by the Dodge performance pages.

---

@Aguas

Put your vin at the end of these links to see your original window sticker and build sheet;

https://www.dodge.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=

https://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 2:03:45 PM EDT
[#31]

1320's don't - it gets superseded by the Dodge performance pages.

---

View Quote

They're the same thing. Just different names.

Link Posted: 7/16/2023 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 12:11:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#33]

Your top pic and my bottom pic are performance pages. Looks like 2 versions of that. But the srt page and and the performance page are what I was referring to in being the same and what I posted.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 2:19:54 PM EDT
[#34]
For some reason your links sent me to broken pages on the dodge sites, so I went to the pages and navigated my own way.  Still ended up broken pages.  Everywhere I went came up broken for the VIN lookup.  I did search it elsewhere a few days ago, don't remember where.  Came back as an R/T scat pack.  The screen still says SRT when I leave the car, I assume scats just do that.  Maybe there is a menu option to change what text it displays, like the background screen.

So I'm badged like a 2018 SRT but I have what was probably a hellcat hood back then, which is just the standard scat pack hood in 2021.  So my car will be confusing to anyone who knows stuff about challengers.  Not the way I would have set it up on purpose, but I'm $60 into the missing front SRT badge (it didn't have anything on the driver's side when I bought it) and I don't feel like changing it.  I guess the 392s on my hood are aftermarket from the PO, but I actually really like those.  

Now if targeted ads would stop sending me 2023 hellcats at the local dealer.  For $73000 and taxes you can get a pretty bare bones hellcat.  Its not like I don't have a little more than that tied up in my unnecessary vehicles between this and my 53 willys, but I just can't justify that kind of cost on a single vehicle.  And lord knows I don't need any more power.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 3:13:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: madmacs69] [#35]
The screen still says SRT when I leave the car, I assume scats just do that.  Maybe there is a menu option to change what text it displays, like the background screen.
View Quote

Shouldn't the 2015+ Scat Packs have the animated bee on the dash at startup unless they're a special edition (shaker. 1320, etc).

I believe that animation is changed in the settings that you'd usually access using an OBDII tool and software. The dealer diagnostic tool is one way, home users probably used some equivalent of OBD Jscan or Torque Pro from their phone and a Bluetooth plugin like VEEPEAK.

You should also be able to make all your lights go crazy with it ( police car flashers).

You'll probably find the information doing a search on challengertalk.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:40:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By madmacs69:

Shouldn't the 2015+ Scat Packs have the animated bee on the dash at startup unless they're a special edition (shaker. 1320, etc).

I believe that animation is changed in the settings that you'd usually access using an OBDII tool and software. The dealer diagnostic tool is one way, home users probably used some equivalent of OBD Jscan or Torque Pro from their phone and a Bluetooth plugin like VEEPEAK.

You should also be able to make all your lights go crazy with it ( police car flashers).

You'll probably find the information doing a search on challengertalk.
View Quote

I had a bee on my dash and SRT on the infotainment screen, on my 2019.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:59:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: madmacs69] [#37]
View Quote

TA actually refers to Trans Am... unfortunately another car was using that wording though.

One of the big gripes with the reissue is that they didn't use a hood with a scoop like the original.

The sad thing is that Mopar produced a hood that looks the same for the 2010 mopar 10  special edition.

https://www.hotcars.com/1970-dodge-challenger-ta-profile-of-a-muscle-car/
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 8:53:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Hah, I don't know the classic challengers at all.  I see where they got alot of their design for the new ones from.  I'm not up on Mopar stuff, I'll admit.  

I gotta hand it to dodge, lots of different packages and designs make the cars interesting.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:50:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Orders for 2023's end on July 30th.
If you're going to order it's now or never.
Production stops on December 31st or sooner.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 8:59:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DV8EDD] [#40]
For some reason your links sent me to broken pages on the dodge sites, so I went to the pages and navigated my own way.  Still ended up broken pages.  Everywhere I went came up broken for the VIN lookup.  I did search it elsewhere a few days ago, don't remember where.  Came back as an R/T scat pack.  The screen still says SRT when I leave the car, I assume scats just do that.  Maybe there is a menu option to change what text it displays, like the background screen.

So I'm badged like a 2018 SRT but I have what was probably a hellcat hood back then, which is just the standard scat pack hood in 2021.  So my car will be confusing to anyone who knows stuff about challengers.  Not the way I would have set it up on purpose, but I'm $60 into the missing front SRT badge (it didn't have anything on the driver's side when I bought it) and I don't feel like changing it.  I guess the 392s on my hood are aftermarket from the PO, but I actually really like those.  

Now if targeted ads would stop sending me 2023 hellcats at the local dealer.  For $73000 and taxes you can get a pretty bare bones hellcat.  Its not like I don't have a little more than that tied up in my unnecessary vehicles between this and my 53 willys, but I just can't justify that kind of cost on a single vehicle.  And lord knows I don't need any more power.
View Quote

Scat pack is an R/T car (think that was noted above) so front badges on the Scat are Challenger and R/T.  either way put what you like on it, the cars are obviously filled with legacy SRT stuff (suspension, 392, etc) even if they aren't technically SRTs.  You may catch a little ribbing from Mopar folks at car shows or whatever, some guys look down on "up-badging" but whatever.  I actually like the 392 badges a lot.  The bee head badges you have are from a site called boostedscatpack.

I didnt like the Powered By SRT covers so I got custom ones.

Link Posted: 7/22/2023 10:17:40 AM EDT
[#41]
I wouldnt agree with “upbadging” myself, but given this one was already this way i will just leave it.  Not like its claiming to be a hellcat or something.  

Although, with srt front and back and the factory scat hood, people might think its an older hellcat.  

Car shows i dont intend to attend.  I went to the lexington ky cars and coffee every other month or so for a year when i got my humvee finished.  I got tired of that crowd.  Younger folks revving the ever loving piss out their modern cars, 100 jeeps with angry grills parked on each other, old guys with random skeletons in the passenger seat.  Bro vets trying to tell me what they know about humvees that wasnt true (im a vet too) It was fun until it got repetitive for me.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 10:53:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DV8EDD] [#42]
I wouldnt agree with “upbadging” myself, but given this one was already this way i will just leave it.  Not like its claiming to be a hellcat or something.  

Although, with srt front and back and the factory scat hood, people might think its an older hellcat.  

Car shows i dont intend to attend.  I went to the lexington ky cars and coffee every other month or so for a year when i got my humvee finished.  I got tired of that crowd.  Younger folks revving the ever loving piss out their modern cars, 100 jeeps with angry grills parked on each other, old guys with random skeletons in the passenger seat.  Bro vets trying to tell me what they know about humvees that wasnt true (im a vet too) It was fun until it got repetitive for me.
View Quote

All good, I only mentioned it up b/c I see it talked about on the challenger/mopar forums. They'll talk all day about how Scat Packs are not technically SRTs.  They're not wrong but frankly Dodge could have done it better.  They muddied the whole thing by essentially turning the SRT 392 into a Scat Pack and calling it an RT car even though it shares major parts.  You know how people get about "their thing".  They can't just live and let live.

BTW, that red really pops.  treat her well!  

Manual says oil change every 6k or 6 months whichever comes first.  I've already changed my oil a bunch and the car only has 11k miles on it!
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 12:34:25 PM EDT
[#43]
I don't understand the whole badge thing anyway.

Dodge ruined the SRT badge when they put it on a Neon; and they ruined the R/T badge when they put it on a 5.7.
They also ruined the Shaker & the T/A by putting them on the 5.7.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 2:53:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:

All good, I only mentioned it up b/c I see it talked about on the challenger/mopar forums. They'll talk all day about how Scat Packs are not technically SRTs.  They're not wrong but frankly Dodge could have done it better.  They muddied the whole thing by essentially turning the SRT 392 into a Scat Pack and calling it an RT car even though it shares major parts.  You know how people get about "their thing".  They can't just live and let live.

BTW, that red really pops.  treat her well!  

Manual says oil change every 6k or 6 months whichever comes first.  I've already changed my oil a bunch and the car only has 11k miles on it!
View Quote

I think im going to have to buy a lift.  I have a 8000 lb gantry 12’ tall but no lift yet.  Never needed it for working under my trucks.

A car is a different story indeed.  The red is pretty bold, im not usually a fan of red but this shade is something else.  

Ive been having a blast driving it.  Kids went to daycare three days last week in it.  Its really pretty easy to load them.  They hop in first and get seated, then I crawl in and hunch down in the floorpan and fix their harnesses on.  Really quick and painless.  

Im not sure 3 will reaaaaally fit, despite the pics of three seats squeezed in.  Theyd have to be front facing and have like no legs to fit behind me.

Link Posted: 7/25/2023 3:42:43 PM EDT
[#45]

I think im going to have to buy a lift.  I have a 8000 lb gantry 12’ tall but no lift yet.  Never needed it for working under my trucks.

A car is a different story indeed.  The red is pretty bold, im not usually a fan of red but this shade is something else.  

Ive been having a blast driving it.  Kids went to daycare three days last week in it.  Its really pretty easy to load them.  They hop in first and get seated, then I crawl in and hunch down in the floorpan and fix their harnesses on.  Really quick and painless.  

Im not sure 3 will reaaaaally fit, despite the pics of three seats squeezed in.  Theyd have to be front facing and have like no legs to fit behind me.

View Quote

it's nice that it works out.  I'm 6'4" so my seat goes all the way back when i drive, certainly aint no adult fitting back there, not even my 5" tall wife!

fun as hell though.  It's a total highway bomber/gran tourer too, awesome for long trips.  Enjoy!
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 2:53:07 PM EDT
[#46]
I don't understand the whole badge thing anyway.

Dodge ruined the SRT badge when they put it on a Neon; and they ruined the R/T badge when they put it on a 5.7.
They also ruined the Shaker & the T/A by putting them on the 5.7.
View Quote

The Neon SRT4 was one of the best cars of the last 20 years. I don't think the original R/T cars were that crazy, and for that matter, a Spirit R/T would make your head spin. I guess I just like great cars.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 5:54:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shocktrp] [#47]
Originally Posted By killingmachine123:

The Neon SRT4 was one of the best cars of the last 20 years. I don't think the original R/T cars were that crazy, and for that matter, a Spirit R/T would make your head spin. I guess I just like great cars.
View Quote

90's muscle cars were running 13 second quarter miles stock.

The 2004 Neon SRT4 was running 15's...

https://accelerationtimes.com/models/dodge-neon-srt-4
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 6:23:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#48]

View Quote

C&D has one listed at 14.2

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15135877/dodge-neon-srt-4-road-test/
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 8:18:58 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Not to mention the excellent handling. For $19,999 I don't think there was a better performance car in all of the 90s. I would add that I think they brought a ton of guys to Mopar who are now buying the v8 stuff.
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 10:00:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By killingmachine123:

Not to mention the excellent handling. For $19,999 I don't think there was a better performance car in all of the 90s. I would add that I think they brought a ton of guys to Mopar who are now buying the v8 stuff.
View Quote

Neat car but just always seemed weird to be an SRT, IMO
Page / 47
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top