Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 8:16:23 AM EDT
Received this an email... 'Haven't confirmed it's truthyness, but 'wouldn't surprise me if it were full of truthyness.

A Tale of Two Houses

House  #1  

A 20 room mansion (not including 8 bathrooms) heated by natural gas. Add on a pool (and a pool house) and a separate guest house, all heated by gas. In one month this residence consumes more energy than the average American household does in a year.. The average bill for electricity and natural gas runs over $2400 per month.. In natural gas alone, this property consumes more than 20 times the national average for an American home. This house is not situated in a Northern or Midwestern 'snow belt' area.. It's in the South.

House  #2  

Designed by an architecture professor at a leading national university. This house incorporates every 'green' feature current home construction can provide. The house is 4,000 square feet (4 bedrooms) and is nestled on a high prairie in the American southwest. A central closet in the house holds geothermal heat-pumps drawing ground water through pipes sunk 300 feet into the ground.

The water (usually 67 degrees F) heats the house in the winter and cools it in the summer The system uses no fossil fuels such as oil or natural gas and it consumes one-quarter the electricity required for a conventional heating/cooling system. Rainwater from the roof is collected and funneled into a 25,000 gallon underground cistern. Wastewater from showers, sinks and toilets goes into underground purifying tanks and then into the cistern. The collected water then irrigates the land surrounding the house. Surrounding flowers and shrubs native to the area enable the property to blend into the surrounding rural landscape.  The heating/cooling system is so efficient that initial plans to install solar panels were cancelled.

~~~~~

HOUSE #1 is outside of   Nashville ,   Tennessee ;

it is the abode of the 'Environmentalist' Al Gore.

HOUSE #2 is on a ranch near   Crawford , Texas ;

it is the residence of the former President of the United States , George W. Bush.

Yes, it's "An inconvenient truth.."  

You can verify it at :http://www.snopes..com/politics/bush/house.asp

Like I said... 'Don't know if it's true, but... 'wouldn't be surprised it it was.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:21:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Al Gore is full of shit
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:31:51 AM EDT
[#2]
This has been around for a long time.

I have no reason to doubt it being truthful.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:44:41 AM EDT
[#3]
my understanding is it is the truth, I do know Bush, in building Camp Crawford did go as green as possible and has a small footprint in its relationship to flaura an fauna..I was covered quite a bit during an interview early in his second term.
I have no problem beleiving Gore being a power sucking tick and his Arrogance is aimed at making YOU live in a cave, NOT HIM and His....he is better than us..remember that, it is the mantra of the Progressive,,they know and are better than us working class morons
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:47:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Oh it is true.

The real inconvenient green truth is that both are well outside of the aveage American's ability to own. The average family could not afford to even run Gores house based on the electric bill alone and they could never afford a house with all the green tech in Bush’s.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:49:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Algore also drives 4 different Clincoln Navigators that help heat the planet, if you believe that BS. His complete forte'  is to push for greener technologies (that he's heavily invested in) by crying out how we're killing the planet. That's convenient...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:54:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Al Gore cannot afford to pave his driveway?

It actually looks like my house. Complete with fences.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:12:16 AM EDT
[#7]
That is an another disgusting example of the Libtards' and their "Do as I say, not as I do" politics. I am sure they explain it away in their own minds as "their leadership warrants it" though. Their own realities an "inconvenient truth". Fucking hypocrites... All I can say openly is that I wish an bad "case of the clap" on all of them.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:29:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Camp Crawford is awesome.  That sounds like my dream home.  I had no idea about any of this.  Thanks for posting.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:31:12 AM EDT
[#9]
For what it's worth, Al Gore supposedly offsets carbon emissions by purchasing carbon credits - he essentially pays others to emit less, so that his net impact is zero. That's the justification given, anyway.

The similarities to the practice of selling Indulgences is so funny, that I almost can't believe it wasn't conceived in the mind of a fiction author.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:33:16 AM EDT
[#10]
In before the Al Gore pic with shit coming out of his mouth!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:33:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:34:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh it is true.

The real inconvenient green truth is that both are well outside of the aveage American's ability to own. The average family could not afford to even run Gores house based on the electric bill alone and they could never afford a house with all the green tech in Bush’s.

That's stretching it a bit.  Geothermal is fairly widespread and is affordable if built in.  Water collection is nothing new.  Didn't see any mention of PV but that would probably cost the most out of all the components.

I intend to build many of those items into my next house.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:35:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Ha, what a tool Al Gore is.  Thats putting it nicely...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:50:33 AM EDT
[#14]
I've heard this before. Pretty sure its true.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:07:00 AM EDT
[#15]
algore's pathetic response.  Goddam he sure is confident that there's nothing wrong with his house:

Kalee Kreider, a spokesperson for the Gores, did not dispute the Center's figures, taken as they were from public records. But she pointed out that both Al and Tipper Gore work out of their home and she argued that "the bottom line is that every family has a different carbon footprint. And what Vice President Gore has asked is for families to calculate that footprint and take steps to reduce and offset it."

A carbon footprint is a calculation of the CO2 fossil fuel emissions each person is responsible for, either directly because of his or her transportation and energy consumption or indirectly because of the manufacture and eventual breakdown of products he or she uses. (You can calculate your own carbon footprint on the website http://www.carbonfootprint.com/)

The vice president has done that, Kreider argues, and the family tries to offset that carbon footprint by purchasing their power through the local Green Power Switch program — electricity generated through renewable resources such as solar, wind, and methane gas, which create less waste and pollution. "In addition, they are in the midst of installing solar panels on their home, which will enable them to use less power," Kreider added. "They also use compact fluorescent bulbs and other energy efficiency measures and then they purchase offsets for their carbon emissions to bring their carbon footprint down to zero."

Whew, that was close.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:13:11 AM EDT
[#16]
You better watch out before Gore kicks you off his internet for bringing such things to light.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:36:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You better watch out before Gore kicks you off his internet for bringing such things to light.

OMFG... That's classic.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:45:42 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

For what it's worth, Al Gore supposedly offsets carbon emissions by purchasing carbon credits - he essentially pays others to emit less, so that his net impact is zero. That's the justification given, anyway.

The similarities to the practice of selling Indulgences is so funny, that I almost can't believe it wasn't conceived in the mind of a fiction author.

Well he is the Highestestest Archbishop of the Church of Global Warming

Well and the fact ole Al is in a company that deals in "carbon credits" he is essentially paying himself for his  Indulgences... what a deal.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:59:44 AM EDT
[#19]

Oh Al you disappoint me ..........yeah right.  

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:03:07 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh it is true.

That's stretching it a bit.  Geothermal is fairly widespread and is affordable if built in.  Water collection is nothing new.  Didn't see any mention of PV but that would probably cost the most out of all the components.

It is not streaching it at all.

Geothermal is not widespread in average homes and doubles or triples the cost of other high efficiency systems. It may make sense some in 4000 square foot home it does not for most people.

Just these two features start pricing people out of houses geothermal heat-pumps and drill the well $5000-15000 dollars more, cistern a fraction the size of Bushes $3000-10000.

If you have a spare  $20000-$100000 sitting around maybe. But a extra $20000 shuts out many people. Hell the average new house price here is under $200000 you add $20000 and up and people are not going to buy them.

If you do of all the features of that house and only a very very few can afford it.

There are things that make sense in average new home construction like solid foam panel construction but most of the stuff in the Bush house is show home stuff only.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:10:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
algore's pathetic response.  Goddam he sure is confident that there's nothing wrong with his house:

Kalee Kreider, a spokesperson for the Gores, did not dispute the Center's figures, taken as they were from public records. But she pointed out that both Al and Tipper Gore work out of their home and she argued that "the bottom line is that every family has a different carbon footprint. And what Vice President Gore has asked is for families to calculate that footprint and take steps to reduce and offset it."

A carbon footprint is a calculation of the CO2 fossil fuel emissions each person is responsible for, either directly because of his or her transportation and energy consumption or indirectly because of the manufacture and eventual breakdown of products he or she uses. (You can calculate your own carbon footprint on the website http://www.carbonfootprint.com/)

The vice president has done that, Kreider argues, and the family tries to offset that carbon footprint by purchasing their power through the local Green Power Switch program — electricity generated through renewable resources such as solar, wind, and methane gas, which create less waste and pollution. "In addition, they are in the midst of installing solar panels on their home, which will enable them to use less power," Kreider added. "They also use compact fluorescent bulbs and other energy efficiency measures and then they purchase offsets for their carbon emissions to bring their carbon footprint down to zero."

Whew, that was close.  

Soooooooo, he can shut off all the natural gas he is using now ?  That's rich.......

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:19:18 AM EDT
[#22]
More evidence of Al Gore's hypocrisy, USA Today

Gore has held these apocalyptic views about the environment for some time. So why, then, didn't Gore dump his family's large stock holdings in Occidental (Oxy) Petroleum? As executor of his family's trust, over the years Gore has controlled hundreds of thousands of dollars in Oxy stock. Oxy has been mired in controversy over oil drilling in ecologically sensitive areas.

Living carbon-neutral apparently doesn't mean living oil-stock free. Nor does it necessarily mean giving up a mining royalty either.

Humanity might be "sitting on a ticking time bomb," but Gore's home in Carthage is sitting on a zinc mine. Gore receives $20,000 a year in royalties from Pasminco Zinc, which operates a zinc concession on his property. Tennessee has cited the company for adding large quantities of barium, iron and zinc to the nearby Caney Fork River.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:21:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh it is true.

It is not streaching it at all.

Geothermal is not widespread in average homes and doubles or triples the cost of other high efficiency systems. It may make sense some in 4000 square foot home it does not for most people.

Just these two features start pricing people out of houses geothermal heat-pumps and drill the well $5000-15000 dollars more, cistern a fraction the size of Bushes $3000-10000.

If you have a spare  $20000-$100000 sitting around maybe. But a extra $20000 shuts out many people. Hell the average new house price here is under $200000 you add $20000 and up and people are not going to buy them.

If you do of all the features of that house and only a very very few can afford it.

There are things that make sense in average new home construction like solid foam panel construction but most of the stuff in the Bush house is show home stuff only.

It doesn't matter whether people can afford it or not, the point is that two people with a lot of money to spend took different paths in building very expensive houses, and the one screaming at all of us to Save the Earf incorporated none of the energy saving methods he wants to dictate to all of us, and the supposedly Earth trashing Republican went eco friendly.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top