Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 10:49:00 AM EDT
with their own opinions.  
From the Denver area:
Aurora teacher placed on leave after anti Bush comments

Why do these people think it is a good idea to express their views to young people whom are still forming their own opinions about the world?  I guess he's just trying to indoctrinate them early... My take:  He's being paid to teach Geography, not progressive thinking.  His opinions are his own.  Sometimes children don't understand that, he's in a place of authority  ("well, Mr. Bennish said!" ) and he has many young minds who are more concerned with the latest video game than to do their own research and form their own opinions.    My children are still very young, and I sure don't look forward to the conflicts I'm sure will arise from teachers who probably will do the same thing.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:01:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:07:46 PM EDT
[#2]
You have a daughter to be proud of!

I hope I can instill the same kind of thought process in my own offspring.  

So it's true.  Our kids are smarter than we think.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:18:27 PM EDT
[#3]
You daughter is quite the whit. Congrats.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:23:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Teachers do this because kids are so impressionable.  They are easily swayed into a direction of thought and take it as gospel.  They don't have enough life experience to challenge these ideas and are often brash and hot-headed enough to take a concept and run with it without thoroughly researching the facts.  They are very willing to be very vocal and fight for these views because they lack the maturity to not fly off the handle.  Just look at the terrorists around the world; often uneducated and young.  They have been pointed in a diretion by someone who has their own agenda and they blindly march ahead.  The same can be said for skinheads and neo nazis.  College campuses are brimming with this mentality because the students only know one side of the story; that which has been taught to them in school.  Most of these jackasses have never been outside the country (and those that have were on family vacations to Paris and London) and have never seen the inhumanity of the world with their own eyes.  Yet, they think they know enough to solve all the world's problems at 19.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:25:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Heard about this commie on Rush today...this is only news because he was in High school & wasn't "subtle" enough.  this crap is rampent on any college campus...the brainwashed generation/ future leaders of our country...
only answer is home school or private school
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:34:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My thoughts are it will happen.  It has happened to my daughter.  She shut the teacher down with a few facts he could not dispute.  Then followed with, the fact that if the President's opponent was so wonderful, why didn't he win?  The teacher could not come up with an answer immediately and my daughter cut him off saying, he didn't win because too few people liked his ideas and didn't vote for him.  That ended it.  He tried the dictator thing once.  Daughter being quick whitted asked who would be President after 2008?  Teacher replied he didn't know.  Daughter said well its not going to be George Bush, proving he's not a dictator.  Teacher again shut up and moved on.

Very sassy kid and I like it!!! That's awesome! hard
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:11:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Teachers do this because they are agenda pushing assholes and know kids are so impressionable.  They are easily swayed into a direction of thought and take it as gospel.  They don't have enough life experience to challenge these ideas and are often brash and hot-headed enough to take a concept and run with it without thoroughly researching the facts.  They are very willing to be very vocal and fight for these views because they lack the maturity to not fly off the handle.  Just look at the terrorists around the world; often uneducated and young.  They have been pointed in a diretion by someone who has their own agenda and they blindly march ahead.  The same can be said for skinheads and neo nazis.  College campuses are brimming with this mentality because the students only know one side of the story; that which has been taught to them in school.  Most of these jackasses have never been outside the country (and those that have were on family vacations to Paris and London) and have never seen the inhumanity of the world with their own eyes.  Yet, they think they know enough to solve all the world's problems at 19.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:48:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, here's another one.  Tried to propagandize his high-school class and got his wee-wee slapped for it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:51:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Sad thing is, they had the kid who brought this to everyones attention and tapped it is being called a snitch by fellow student's and left wing media.

If it were a Right Wing teacher calling Kerry a liar for saying he served in Cambodia and he killed children...Then the kid who tapped it would be a hero and set for life as Michael Moores adopted child.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top