Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 4:45:44 AM EDT
Just now on TV DiFi was saying there has been a 2-3% decrease in crimes involving "assault weapons" and she attributed it to there being less of these guns out there.

WHAT A BOLD FACED LIE!!!!!!!

Not only have companied like Armalite and Bushmaster continued to build and sell these firearms for the past ten years, but a number of NEW companies have started, also.

There are not "fewer" of these firearms in circulation.  There are THOUSANDS MORE.  Corralate that to her purported decrease in crime, and her argument crumbles.

As the book says, "More Guns, Less Crime."
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:47:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I know, you used to be pretty limited in your fal, ak and even ar choices, but hell everyone makes one now, so I too think that more came to market in the last ten years than before. All I ever saw was mak-90 back in the early  90s and colt ar's.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:47:47 AM EDT
[#2]
There also has been a 2%-3% decrease in prostitution since she took her job as a lawmaker.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:51:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah Brother !   I just watched Sen. F**kstein try to counter Wayne's points and fail.  2/3 my ass !   I remember that same tired argument last Feb when we fought a state ban in Annapolis.   I wish I could remember the actual data, but the numbers were something like 3 "assault weapon" crimes X years ago, and now has dropped to 1.  Out of X thousand crimes where firearms were used.  Damn, it's too early.  I got to dig up my records.  Well, it's a better world Monday.  F**kstein better go hide in her bunker.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:52:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:55:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
There also has been a 2%-3% decrease in prostitution since she took her job as a lawmaker.

I bet if she went back to prostitution, it would drop 80% on her street.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:59:41 AM EDT
[#6]
She also said that "all the police unions" are in favor of extending the AWB.

BTW, Wayne could definitely stand some practise doing sound bites – wasn't particularly articulate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top