Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2002 7:36:18 AM EDT
This may have been covered before, but what if the ban drops, then in 5 hours a new one with the same wording is passed.  I know there is only that 5 hour window to legally make weapon mods, but what about mags?  Are all the hi-caps made before the "2004 AW ban" takes effect now legal to for civilian use?
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 7:39:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, by logic, and the fact that I just got through reading the Homer Simpson thread. If they pass the bill with the same wording then it will still have sunsetted..

Seriously
I wouldn't even bother trying to put the pre-ban features back on.

If there is a real sunset than you will just have to wait and see what happens.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 7:42:57 AM EDT
[#2]
That depends on if they preserve the original date in the grandfather clause of the new AW ban.

If they don't, then you will only have 5 hours to make any modifications.  I think that a preban must have been built in preban config before the ban takes place in order to be grandfathered.  Magazines would be fair game.

...my 2 cents!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top