Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/28/2006 5:04:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/28/2006 5:04:55 AM EDT by chapperjoe]
this is so wrong. Giving in to the leftist press....

Deflect bad poll numbers by getting rid of good people......
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:05:18 AM EDT
...right.

Care to explain this to the unwashed masses?

-James
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:07:17 AM EDT
Dupe

dupe
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:07:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Meta4:
...right.

Care to explain this to the unwashed masses?

-James

Sorry, White House Chief of Staff resigned just now. Loyal Bush man, but in the face of bad approval ratings, the most expendable. Visible enough to shut the press up, obscure enough that the public won't know he just threw out an organizer and manager and not a policy guy.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:08:28 AM EDT
If you're saying 'W' canned him...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:08:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By thedave1164:
Dupe

dupe

dangit I thought I was first! My cheif of staff will now resign.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:09:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By osprey21:

didn't say that. BUT nothing happens without Rove's say so.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:10:00 AM EDT
President Bush today announced the resignation of his chief of staff, Andrew H. Card Jr., in the first major staffing change of his troubled second term.

Joshua Bolten, the budget director, will succeed Mr. Card.

Mr. Card will be replaced by Joshua Bolten, the budget director.

At a brief White House ceremony, Mr. Bush said that Mr. Card had approached him "and raised the possibility of stepping down."

"He thought it might be time to return to private life," Mr. Bush said, adding that he had decided last weekend to accept Mr. Card's resignation.

Mr. Bush has come under increasing pressure in recent months from members of his own party to shake up his staff as a way of turning around his decline in popularity.

Many Republicans felt that even without Mr. Bush's mounting problems some new faces were needed. Mr. Card was approaching the record of the longest serving White House chief of staff, with a tenure rivaling that of Sherman Adams, the chief of staff to President Eisenhower.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:03:07 AM EDT
He had a long run. Administrations typically have 2-3 COS's over the course of a 2 term presidency. Card's been there since the beginning.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:04:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By raven:
He had a long run. Administrations typically have 2-3 COS's over the course of a 2 term presidency. Card's been there since the beginning.

+1

From what I've gathered this morning, Card's also been rumored to have been leaving for a couple years now. This is evidently not really news to those on the inside.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:08:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By macman37:

Originally Posted By raven:

+1

From what I've gathered this morning, Card's also been rumored to have been leaving for a couple years now. This is evidently not really news to those on the inside.

still wrong. they should've just sent him hunting with cheney......
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:12:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/28/2006 6:13:48 AM EDT by Bama-Shooter]

Originally Posted By osprey21:

Yep. This will just be shuffle to give the press something to talk about other than Iraq.

ETA: I really expected Cheney to move out and give Condi (or someone else) the VP slot. They need an heir to the throne.
Top Top