Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2002 4:37:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 4:40:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope the guy was a practical joker when he was alive! [:D]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 5:07:05 PM EDT
[#2]
"Flight rules prohibit dumping any object from an airplane, and the release of cremated ashes over an urban area."

FAA rules [b]do not[/b] prohibit dumping objects from an airplane in flight. Dumping cremated remains over urban areas didn't come up in my ground school, so I'm not sure about that.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 5:10:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 5:26:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I just completed ground school about 2 months ago, and the question came up in class. According to current FFA regulations, it's OK. Why, I don't know.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 5:27:27 PM EDT
[#5]
[b]14 CFR § 91.15  Dropping objects.

No pilot in command of a civil aircraft may allow any object to be dropped from that aircraft in flight that creates a hazard to persons or property. However, this section does not prohibit the dropping of any object if reasonable precautions are taken to avoid injury or damage to persons or property. [/b]

It's legal.
[url]http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/DBSearch.cgi?DBSearchDB=ecfr&DB=1&ACTION=View&QUERY=91.15&RGN=BSEC&OP=and&QUERY=14&RGN=BTI&QUERY=385&RGN=BSECCT&SUBSET=SUBSET&FROM=1&ITEM=1[/url]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 5:33:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Just great , now I know why I don't live near Seattle . I'll just stay on this side of the bay .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top