Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 7:48:13 AM EDT
Starts with a prison riot, and then goes to the russian thing.
Link

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:53:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Guess that DI thinks he's Jackie Chan or something.  As for holding out the chairs in front of them, just had a flashback to "rifle pt" back in basic training.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:58:23 AM EDT
[#2]
man that's a flashback.

I saw that video on a Real TV or Dateline type show when I lived with my parents (over 8 years ago).

Tough SoB's though.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:59:02 AM EDT
[#3]
training the way it should be..

none of this " no profanity " shit we have here..

is it cruel .. yeah...  

would you wanna fight next to these guys or next to the fucktard that pulls the stress card < that i dont even know if that really exists >

eta:

in the US the guy that smuggeled that vid would be a hero..  sad..
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:08:54 AM EDT
[#4]
HAHA.  Chairs!!!  How about using a full rucksack??  Or a footlocker??  Or drinking 2-3 quarts of water all at once??  Or the sand pit??  Or standing at attention while sand fleas eat you??  Or maybe a beatdown during a forced run??

We expect our military to close with, engage and destroy the enemy but I guess training needs to be civil.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:13:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

is it cruel .. yeah...  

would you wanna fight next to these guys or next to the fucktard that pulls the stress card < that i dont even know if that really exists >

eta:

It exists.  I was in one of the last all-male basic training units at Ft Leonard Wood back in 94.  Shortly afterwards, they started the co-ed training units.  And the stress cards came out not too long afterwards.  If a DI gets in your face, you can whip out a stress card and the DI has to give you a "time out".  Just another pussification of America.  When I was in, DIs called us every name in the book and made every muscle in your body ache from exhaustion.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:14:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
HAHA.  Chairs!!!  How about using a full rucksack??  Or a footlocker??  Or drinking 2-3 quarts of water all at once??  Or the sand pit??  Or standing at attention while sand fleas eat you??  Or maybe a beatdown during a forced run??

We expect our military to close with, engage and destroy the enemy but I guess training needs to be civil.

I agree to a point! All that stuff you mentioned above is great for getting you tough. I dont think you should be hazed(beaten) to the point of your Spleen exploding though!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:24:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By John Parker:

Quoted:

I agree to a point! All that stuff you mentioned above is great for getting you tough. I dont think you should be hazed(beaten) to the point of your Spleen exploding though!

You're right, the recruit should be disciplined for having a weak spleen. . .

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:39:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

is it cruel .. yeah...  

eta:

It exists.  I was in one of the last all-male basic training units at Ft Leonard Wood back in 94.  Shortly afterwards, they started the co-ed training units.  And the stress cards came out not too long afterwards.  If a DI gets in your face, you can whip out a stress card and the DI has to give you a "time out".  Just another pussification of America.  When I was in, DIs called us every name in the book and made every muscle in your body ache from exhaustion.

Lol stress card, what a joke.  There where "stress cards" in USMC bootcamp, but they usually involved stressing YOU with push ups/crunches/side strattlehops etc. for 20-30 minutes.  

Just right now im watching FNC and they are talking about Army bootcamp changes.  Things like all you can eat at the chow hall, or being able to use cellphones!  I cant comprehend being able to do that during USMC boot.  Hell, their drill sergeants cant even yell anymore.  Amazing to know how different the bootcamps really are.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:53:11 AM EDT
[#9]
There is such thing as "stress cards"?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:53:50 AM EDT
[#10]
tag
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:00:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Its just like footbsll practice.

We had to stand straight up cover our nuts and let another team mate tackle use.  This got us use to getting hit.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:07:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Seems basic training now days has changed from the 80's. Stress card,WTF. Cell phone,WTF
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:15:05 AM EDT
[#13]
This type of training won't help them stop a bullet any better.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:21:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Tag for home.

-K
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:23:11 AM EDT
[#15]

Ya but in CQB theyd kick anyones ass.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:33:59 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Ya but in CQB theyd kick anyones ass.

but what if the other side has stress cards? Would that make things even?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:39:24 AM EDT
[#17]
I've recently been through ITB at Benning...and any electronic use is not authorized...stress cards that has been a rumor since the beginning of time so people can say it was "harder when I went through"

however, the name calling and swearing is not "authourized" even for Drill Sarnts and our drills knew it that's whey they just ran us upstairs into the bay and locked the door.

the walls would sweat...god I miss basic...

down with mechanized...   ...  ...
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:44:33 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
It exists.  I was in one of the last all-male basic training units at Ft Leonard Wood back in 94.  

May not exist any more. No such thing existed in Ft Knox, 2001. (They also didn't bother observing the no profanity rule too hard)

NTM
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:17:17 AM EDT
[#19]
We had a Systema seminar recently at our dojo.  Those guys are brutal.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top