Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2005 9:44:50 AM EDT
 Not really.

What the heck is Goofy supposed to be anyway?

Is he a dog?  Quite apart from the fact that if he is a dog, then Mickey is an absolutely ENORMOUS mouse, what does that say about Pluto?  How come Goofy can walk and talk, and Pluto runs around naked and lives in the yard?

I asked my wife, and she claims that Goofy is a more evolved dog than Pluto.

I'm not sure Goofy is a dog at all, but if not - what exactly is he?

As an aside - why does Mickey wear pants, but Donald doesn't (and always insists on wearing a sailor outfit )?  No decency at all in those comics!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:45:49 AM EDT
[#1]
It's the same reason there is a schlong on the little mermaid cover, Disney is fucked up.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:47:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Mrs. XXX-DK-Prof is correct.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:49:44 AM EDT
[#3]
All I know is that Mindy Mouse LOVES doing anal.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:50:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
 Not really.

What the heck is Goofy supposed to be anyway?

Some sort of dog.

Is he a dog?

Yup.

Quite apart from the fact that if he is a dog, then Mickey is an absolutely ENORMOUS mouse, what does that say about Pluto?  How come Goofy can walk and talk, and Pluto runs around naked and lives in the yard?

Pluto is...*special*.....

I asked my wife, and she claims that Goofy is a more evolved dog than Pluto.

No, Pluto is just ..... *special*.....

I'm not sure Goofy is a dog at all, but if not - what exactly is he?

In a world where mice, ducks, and chipmunks have the power of speech, Goofy would be a normal dog. Pluto would be....*developmentally challenged*....

As an aside - why does Mickey wear pants, but Donald doesn't (and always insists on wearing a sailor outfit )?  No decency at all in those comics!

You can't see a duck's willy. You can see a mouse's willy. Especially if the mouse is 5 feet tall and is walking on two legs.

And people say I am not a rational person....
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:51:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It's the same reason there is a schlong on the little mermaid cover, Disney is fucked up.

www.snopes.com/disney/films/mermaid.htm
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:51:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Donald Duck wears no pants.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:52:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

In a world where mice, ducks, and chipmunks have the power of speech, Goofy would be a normal dog. Pluto would be....*developmentally challenged*....

And people say I am not a rational person....

See - that makes a LOT more sense than the whole "more evolved" argument.

Still - it does seem a little cruel to make the "special" dog live in a small wooden hovel in the yard - but I guess times were tough in the 30s.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:55:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Still - it does seem a little cruel to make the "special" dog live in a small wooden hovel in the yard - but I guess times were tough in the 30s.  

You should see what we did to the dutch.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:56:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
See - that makes a LOT more sense than the whole "more evolved" argument.

If Pluto wasn't getting beaten with a hose on a regular basis, he was doing better than most of the developmentally challenged of the day....
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:56:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Pluto is a dog.  Goofy is a dog personified.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:08:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

In the early Disney cartoons, Minnie Mouse went around topless.

I think ol Walt had some sexual issues that needed airing out and his early cartoons were a way of clearing his conscious or exorcising his inner demons.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:11:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think ol Walt had some sexual issues that needed airing out and his early cartoons were a way of clearing his conscious or exorcising his inner demons.

Maybe he was trying to change the culture so all women should be topless.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:13:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

How was her rack?

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:15:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How was her rack?

Lets just say that she's no Olive Oyl.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:18:29 AM EDT
[#15]

And why was nobody ever married ?

Mickey and Minnie were just "friends", right?  And Donald had three kids, but they were nephews - and he never married Daisy, right?

Something was defnitely up with that Disney guy!   Or - he was trying to make everything as "lean" as possible, and not have to deal with relationships.  But - if he wanted things clean, making everyone wear pants might have been a good start!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:19:55 AM EDT
[#16]
I believe him to be a cow.

Others have mocked me but he looks like a cow.  A goofy cow, but a cow.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:23:53 AM EDT
[#17]
The eternal question, as posed many moons ago in the movie "Stand By Me"
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:24:15 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Mickey and Minnie were just "friends", right?  And Donald had three kids, but they were nephews - and he never married Daisy, right?

Something was defnitely up with that Disney guy!   Or - he was trying to make everything as "lean" as possible, and not have to deal with relationships.  But - if he wanted things clean, making everyone wear pants might have been a good start!!

And what about the Seven Dwarves? Seven guys all living under the same roof together out in the woods....
Hmmmm.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:24:25 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

THAT'S WHAT I TOLD MY WIFE !!

Wasn't there a female character as well - who looked a lot like Goofy, and was a cow.  I remember her Danish name, but don't know what she was called in English.

Here's an image, lifted from disney.dk.

She looks a LOT like Goofy.

But - I suppose he should have horns, if he was a cow.   Hmmmm.     Maybe he really is a dog.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:25:48 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The eternal question, as posed many moons ago in the movie "Stand By Me"

Really?

I've been wondering about this for at least 7 years.  I don't THINK I ever saw that movie, but maybe I somehow indirectly got it from there.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:28:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:29:36 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Is this what really smart people talk about?

If I see any, I'll ask them.  

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:30:46 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Mickey and Minnie were just "friends", right?

Mickey's relationship with Minnie was nothing but a coverup for the fact that he enjoyed dressing up in leather costumes and abusing Chip and Dale....

And Donald had three kids, but they were nephews - and he never married Daisy, right?

They were clearly dirty fornicators.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:31:43 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

THAT'S WHAT I TOLD MY WIFE !!

Wasn't there a female character as well - who looked a lot like Goofy, and was a cow.  I remember her Danish name, but don't know what she was called in English.

www.disney.dk/andersand/andeby/portraetter/portrettbilder/portretter/klaraku.gif

Here's an image, lifted from disney.dk.

She looks a LOT like Goofy.

But - I suppose he should have horns, if he was a cow.   Hmmmm.     Maybe he really is a dog.

The ears and the nose pretty much seal him as a dog.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:38:21 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is this what really smart people talk about?

If I see any, I'll ask them.  

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:41:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Disney was a closet rainbow coalitionist and hated the Chinese.  Therefor, the black dog was "intelligent, able to walk on his hind legs and talk" where as the yellow (asian) dog was stupid and unevolved........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top