Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 7:40:10 PM EDT
I just got back from the NRA Get Out The Vote Rally in Charlotte. I met and shook hands with Senator Zell Miller and NRA President Wayne LaPierre. I told Senator Miller how I enjoyed his speech at the Republican Convention. His reply with a smile was, "A lot of people didn't." It was an honor to meet such people face-to-face.

The message of the rally was simple. This is a most important election, and voter turnout is critical. Get out the vote!

Those of you who are reading this probably weren't there, but the message was not just to me. It was to each of you as well. You must vote, but more than that make sure your family votes, and make sure your friends and coworkers understand the need to vote for candidates who support the Second Amendment.

I was interviewed with another volunteer by a TV newsman after the rally. He asked why I went to the rally. I replied that I wanted to help the NRA defend the Second Amendment and our liberties. Then, he asked why I supported the Second Amendment. I replied it was because, "the Second Amendment defends all the others."

I hope you feel the same! Let's kick some gun-grabber butt this election!

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:41:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Preach it, brother!!

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:05:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks CRC!  With the help of Microsoft XP IE glitches, I've somehow posted this toipic three times!!!  Deleted other posts, but could not delete topic!!!!

I guess the internet Gods wanted it repeated?

I wish all you guys could have been there, with Zell Miller giving 'em hell with the roar of Bush series racecars in the background!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:07:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Did they mention any legislative priorities?

CRC
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:10:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Then, he asked why I supported the Second Amendment. I replied it was because, "the Second Amendment defends all the others."

I hope they showed that on TV, it was the perfect answer to the question!

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:22:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I wish all you guys could have been there, with Zell Miller giving 'em hell with the roar of Bush series racecars in the background!

I would love to shake Zell's hand...What a outstanding American he is.

And Thank you ACLAY47 for your support and endevor
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:22:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Did they mention any legislative priorities?
CRC

Good question.  I missed most of Zell's speech, helping out away from the action.  The other speakers stressed that this is a most important election.  Kerry's anti-gun record, and his posing as a sportsman were discussed.  The legislative priorities of his national party were also mentioned.  The NRA`President said that half of gun owners are unaware of Kerry's anti-gun views.  That might explain the NRA's ad campaign, "That dog don't hunt."  One speaker mentioned how Kerry bragged how he deer hunted on his belly, and another noted that the candidate unknowingly posed with a shotgun he voted to ban.

The NRA is doing its part, and now its time we did ours.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:20:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Absolutely!  We have to get pumped up fellas...let's rock the anti's world this election!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:12:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I just got a phone call from a Bush Volunteer Coordinator.  It was expected, since I'm the NRA-ILA Election Volunteer Coordinator for North Carolina's 12th and 13th Congressional Districts.

With just 16 days before the Election, now is the time to get involved.  The Bush campaign needs people to work phones, do precinct (neighborhood) walks, work precincts and to serve as election observers.

Now is the time to make a difference.  You can contact the President's campaign online at the following link:

President Bush's Campaign

Other campaigns can use your help, too.  In NC, the Burr Campaign needs help, and in South Dakota, Thune has a chance to unseat Democrat Senator Tom Daschold.

One wise man said, "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of your country."  he could have been speaking today.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:25:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds great. I would love to have been there to meet Senator Miller. Thanks for the report.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:39:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:30:41 PM EDT
[#11]
This completes my weekend!  I met and shook hands with Senator Zell Miller and NRA President Wayne LaPierre, not to mention other politicians, and now Campybob replied to one of my topics!

What's next?  Will Dubya stop by my house and ask for my vote? :D!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top