Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2001 7:37:51 AM EDT
and wanted to set up a personal visit/interview concerning my C&R application...is this normal?
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 7:42:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Waverunner, I've had my -03 for a long time & I've never heard of a prelicense visit.  Was it very plain to the agent that you're applying for an 03, and not an 01??

Let us know the outcome.

hanko
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 7:48:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I asked if this was normal and she said it wasn't until the C&R license started becoming very popular. hmmmmnnn
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 7:54:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Whoa!

I have been seriously considering getting my C&R, but I have been waiting until I upgrade my safe (need more storage).

Let us know how it goes.
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 8:29:03 AM EDT
[#4]
General Paranoia setting in.........this happen to anyone else.
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 8:31:20 AM EDT
[#5]
What's a C & R license?
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 8:41:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Just got mine in the mail yesterday.  No visit, phone call, etc...  [8D]

They're on to ya maaaannnn. Runnn dude, run as fast as you can.
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 8:43:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What's a C & R license?
View Quote

Check out [url]www.cruffler.com[/url]  Its easier than having me try to explain it.

Link Posted: 7/24/2001 9:16:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 9:35:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Waverunner,

I have heard of this happening before around NY, NJ, MD areas.  They may want to be sure your are aware of the state and local restrictions.

Rich
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 10:17:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By EOD Guy:
Waverunner,

I have heard of this happening before around NY, NJ, MD areas.  They may want to be sure your are aware of the state and local restrictions.

Rich
View Quote

Yeah...I'm well aware of the restrictions...Basically anything that is fun is restricted.
SBR's??? nope Silencer/suppressor??? nope
Full Auto??? HELL NO!!![>(] PA here I come!!!
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 10:25:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Of course thery called. I was "concerned." I am "afraid" for your neighborhood. I felt compelled to let them know there is a fellow citizen with many weapons and a credit card.

I'm just looking out for your best interests.

Hey! It's the government. They're here to help!

Call me at work. I can't find your #!

Sherm
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 10:31:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Of course thery called. I was "concerned." I am "afraid" for your neighborhood. I felt compelled to let them know there is a fellow citizen with many weapons and a credit card.

I'm just looking out for your best interests.

Hey! It's the government. They're here to help!

Sherm
View Quote

BUT BUT....I'm on "the job". I'm allowed to have this stuff right? How am I suppoed to serve and protect without it?[heavy]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 10:35:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Ive heard of few people being visited by an inspector before. Basically all it turned out to be was a visit telling them the laws and how to fill out their bound book. All the people that I have heard of having an interview said that the agents were really nice and helpful and overall it was a very pleasant experience. I wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you.

Michael
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 10:38:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ive heard of few people being visited by an inspector before. Basically all it turned out to be was a visit telling them the laws and how to fill out their bound book. All the people that I have heard of having an interview said that the agents were really nice and helpful and overall it was a very pleasant experience. I wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you.

Michael
View Quote

Cool...thank you for the info. Guess I'll go feed the pitbull so that he isn't so "hungry" when the inspector shows up (that was a joke people!!!)[beer]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 10:52:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 10:53:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Speaking of C&R license, does anyone know if it's legal to equip the Mauser C96 pistol with the stock?  I just recently got a Mauser c96, and after I replace a bunch of springs and the firing pin, I plan to get the wooden stock.
View Quote

Taken from the ATF FAQ at [url]www.atf.treas.gov[/url]:

(M23) If a person has a pistol and an attachable shoulder stock, does this constitute possession of an NFA firearm?

Yes, unless the barrel of the pistol is at least 16 inches in length (and the overall length of the firearm with stock attached is at least 26 inches). However, certain stocked handguns, such as original semiautomatic Mauser "Broomhandles" and Lugers, have been removed from the purview of the NFA as collectors' items.

Link Posted: 7/24/2001 11:27:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 12:07:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
and wanted to set up a personal visit/interview concerning my C&R application...is this normal?
View Quote

Yes, it is normal since way too many people are becoming cruffers, they need to get a grip on this. I spoke to one of them about ten days ago (she was based in Paterson), when they contacted me for an application review, but due to a NJ state regulation, I cant' have it without becoming a NJ State dealer (too many headaches). So I withdrew my application,  The sad part is that they won this battle. But not the war...

Link Posted: 7/24/2001 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#19]
One suggestion for the interview...

double up on those depends. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 1:27:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Waverunner:

Maybe she just wants to stop by to ask you for a Date.....

[img]http://a1964.g.akamai.net/7/1964/1392/1dcf6501c8f9fa/images.ucomics.com/comics/mb/2001/mb010402.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 2:03:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Damn, I'm working on my C&R.  It's a must have if you want to own C3 in MO.

I hope they don't bug me.  Let me guess, I shouldn't tell them I only want the license so I can buy machineguns and short bbl rifles???
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 4:00:25 PM EDT
[#22]
I got mine April/2000.  No problems then.  I also only got it so I can have MG's, SBR's and SBS's in Missouri.

scottMO
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 4:53:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 5:17:19 PM EDT
[#24]
As heard in SCARY MOVIE, Run Bitch RUUNNNNN!!!!
Just speakin. No offense meant
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 5:33:34 PM EDT
[#25]
The few ATF guys that I know are just regular [b]Joes[/b] with a cushy government job.  Paper pushers who get a cool stripped down model Chrysler "K" car to drive around.  Personally I would show or tell them about anything illegal, but they aren't out to bust your stones either.  I found the guys I know just want to put in their time, and collect their pension.  

OSA

Link Posted: 7/24/2001 8:50:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Old Spfld Armory:
...Personally I would show or tell them about anything illegal...

OSA

View Quote

Uh..., I hope you mistakenly left out the N'T after the word 'WOULD.'

They might just be regular gub'mint Joes, but if you show off your illegal full auto AKs and your closet full of pipe bombs, they might just get a bit peeved.
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 10:02:33 PM EDT
[#27]
You are good to go.  It's the Un-announced visits you have to worry about (;^{
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 10:37:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Looks like I got all worried for nothing.  She just left, I'm good to go (Was there any doubt?).  She basically discussed the can do's and can't do's of a C&R License and made sure I was very clear of it....still not allowed Silenced/Full-Auto/SBR's(my personal dream) for us NY'ers though, Oh Well. Time to save up some $$$ now. Oh and she wasn't driving a K-car it was a Ford Taurus with a missing hubcap[beer]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Waverunner/nypd_02.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 7/26/2001 1:38:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 2:50:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Waverunner

No big deal. I had a visit when I applied years ago. They were just training a new guy. Didn't matter, though. Found out soon enough that the Sturmabteilung (State Police) here in Nazi Jersey doesn't "recognize" the C&R and I was personally threatened by one of the head assholes in Trenton. Used the C&R to get dealer price on a scope and broke even on the $30 fee.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 6:22:31 PM EDT
[#31]
now that your good to go, when are you going to start selling stuff to your NY buddies[;)][;)]

private sales no paper work[}:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top