Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2005 8:58:54 PM EDT
I don't want to clutter up my gun safe with ammo, nor do I want to leave tons of it just lying around in various places.  I don't need the security of a full on safe, so just about any locker could do as well.  I saw one at Sears (locking metal cabinet) that would fit my needs just fine for $100, but then I saw the weight limits on each shelf were crap.  What are some good options for a relatively inexpensive ammo safe/locker type things?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:02:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I use a couple old footlockers.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:04:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I keep all of mine in Ammo cans, I have them stacked 5 high and 10 long, and then I also have them stacked under the basement staircase
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:49:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a bunch of ammo cans incoming, as well.  I was still hoping to keep some of it in a cabinet next to my safe to keep it out of the way and easy to access.  If I have it all stacked up and I need something at the bottom it could be a pain.  Plus, I'm a big dumbass sometimes so I'm sure I'd knock them all over
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:00:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I put guns in the safe, and lock the ammo in the closet of my spare bedroom/comptuer/gun room
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:16:40 AM EDT
[#5]
You can probably find an old chest type freezer for the hauling somewhere.  If you want it secure it, a hasp and padlock would be easily attached.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top